Match of the Season

Match of the Season

Postby gbpacker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Craig Stanley's stats today were 86% of passes completed and please don't talk about passing sideways because even top teams like Inter Milan and Barcleona do that. If we have the ball they can't score - Simple
gbpacker

Re: Match of the Season

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

He definetly deserved his man of the match today... and those final two corners were just exceptional, they were begging to be put in! :D
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby james456 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I used to be one of those who thinks Stanners only has his work rate and doesn't contribute much else.

But in recent team performances, its obvious that his drive and urgency really make a difference to the whole side - which is possibly quite easy to underestimate. Also, his shooting has really improved since last season.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:09 pm

james456 wrote:I used to be one of those who thinks Stanners only has his work rate and doesn't contribute much else.

But in recent team performances, its obvious that his drive and urgency really make a difference to the whole side - which is possibly quite easy to underestimate. Also, his shooting has really improved since last season.

Just wish he'd have a go more often. I'll never have a go at anybody who has a go.....even if it goes wide!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bare bum » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Woman of bum would like to point out Wayne Curtis's stunning contribution to the fight back today - even a contender for MOM.

I am forced to agree with her................................. :?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby cragbankshrimp » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Stanners was imense today. For 80 minutes we were garbage but Stanners was the one player who put his foot on the ball and tried to play it on the floor. We all know he's not one of Sammys favourites and has an attitude problem but he's got to be one of the first names on the team sheet
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:51 pm

cragbankshrimp wrote:Stanners was imense today. For 80 minutes we were garbage but Stanners was the one player who put his foot on the ball and tried to play it on the floor. We all know he's not one of Sammys favourites and has an attitude problem but he's got to be one of the first names on the team sheet

agree he had a good game today
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:29 am

Bare bum wrote:Woman of bum would like to point out Wayne Curtis's stunning contribution to the fight back today - even a contender for MOM.

I am forced to agree with her................................. :?

I'd agree with her too. Changed the game around and I still thinks he should be given more time on the pitch, preferably up front!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby the stowford press » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:40 am

the whole team showed true grit after going 3-1 down,crewe were very good playing on the break but what great spirit morecambe showed
the stowford press

Postby Lickle Jen Shrimp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:39 am

They never gave up and the atmosphere was electric once the 2nd goal went in!!!! Then 3 then 4!!!!

Sammy's reaction was awesome!!! It was like a cup win celebration :D :D :D
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecambe :)
Lickle Jen Shrimp

Return to General Discussion