The Shay

The Shay

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Remember the big half built stand at The Shay?

It has finally been finished and opened at at last weeks Rugby league game, halifax sold out 250 seats in the restraunt and another 150 in the sponsors lounge/boxes.

Looks like the Rugby team has pressed ahead with it as they needed the facilities it gave them to apply to get into Super League.

I used to like my visits to the Shay it's a shame what happened to Halifax.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: The Shay

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 pm

I used to love going to the Shay. If i remember rightly it was lower than the grounds around it?

Telford is another ground that i miss!
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm

I think the local council has actually paid for it to be completed, possibly remember reading about there being some sort of educational facilities at the complex; like the new stand at headingly rugby ground.

The fact that Halifax Rugby League club now have a completed ground will obviously be a big tick when the next round of franchise licenses are awarded, however I doubt they will get one all the same. There will definitely be at least one new team awarded a spot in the super league, but I'd have my money on an expansion team such as Barrow (or Toulouse if they can manage to win something) and failing that Widnes.

Morecambe vs Crewe, and St. Helens vs Wigan on Friday. A great day of sport, spare a thought for those of us who will be working! :(
RedRedWine1

Postby USA Shrimp » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 am

Sammy h wrote:I used to love going to the Shay. If i remember rightly it was lower than the grounds around it?

Telford is another ground that i miss!

The Shay was always one of the coldest grounds to go to. In a bowl on top of a hill, and the winter wind would whip round and freeze you to death. It was always so empty that there was no shelter to be had anywhere.

I do not miss going to The Shay. Brrrrrrr......
USA Shrimp

Return to General Discussion