There's a bloody big hole at the new Arena !!!!!!

There's a bloody big hole at the new Arena !!!!!!

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Went down to the Arena this afternoon and saw a bloody big hole in the area of one of the car parks. Excavators looked to be digging as if on their way to Australia... :o

No idea why this was being dug so deep. The only thing i could come up with was that it was an area that was going to have large underground tanks installed as a means of gathering the drainage water from the main pitch.

Anybody got any other ideas or what in fact the holes are being dug for?

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: There's a bloody big hole at the new Arena

Postby Aspers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:41 pm

It's an underground train link from Sydney to Morecambe. 8-) :lol:
Aspers

Re: There's a bloody big hole at the new Arena !!!!!!

Postby sgt major » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:25 pm

It's actually called a Sinuation Tank, basically a large holding tank for the water which will take the top/surface water. When it fills up to a certain level it releases the water into the ditch that runs along the railway.

Why do you need to scare everyone with "Bloody big hole" stories - I'm sat next to one of the blokes digging those holes - I dont feel the need to broadcast everything I know about the ground. Let's just let the boys get on with constructing it then we can all go along in July/Aug and hopefully enjoy the experience.
sgt major

Postby Aspers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:33 pm

It's actually called a Sinuation Tank, basically a large holding tank for the water which will take the top/surface water. When it fills up to a certain level it releases the water into the ditch that runs along the railway line from Morecambe to Sydney. Thus not only letting Aspers come to every home game and gaurantee us Conf North football but also helping our colonnial cousens with their water shortage)

8-) 8-) 8-)
Aspers

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

sgt major wrote:It's actually called a Sinuation Tank, basically a large holding tank for the water which will take the top/surface water. When it fills up to a certain level it releases the water into the ditch that runs along the railway.

Why do you need to scare everyone with "Bloody big hole" stories - I'm sat next to one of the blokes digging those holes - I dont feel the need to broadcast everything I know about the ground. Let's just let the boys get on with constructing it then we can all go along in July/Aug and hopefully enjoy the experience.

What harm is there :?: :?: :?:

Believe it or not, but there are some readers on SVs who probably like to keep up to date with what's going on, especially our exiles :!: :!: :!:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:
sgt major wrote:It's actually called a Sinuation Tank, basically a large holding tank for the water which will take the top/surface water. When it fills up to a certain level it releases the water into the ditch that runs along the railway.

What harm is there :?: :?: :?:

Believe it or not, but there are some readers on SVs who probably like to keep up to date with what's going on, especially our exiles :!: :!: :!:

:roll:

There's a bloody big hole at the new arena where there should be something else, crap oh my god, potential disaster, oh no wait a minute...it's where the f***ing pitch is going to go. panic over, although it was only me who was doing the panicking, let's put some smillies in... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Aspers wrote:
It's actually called a Sinuation Tank, basically a large holding tank for the water which will take the top/surface water. When it fills up to a certain level it releases the water into the ditch that runs along the railway line from Morecambe to Sydney. Thus not only letting Aspers come to every home game and gaurantee us Conf North football but also helping our colonnial cousens with their water shortage)

8-) 8-) 8-)

:lol: :lol: Brick it up. QUICK!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby NeilG » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:16 am

Christies Child wrote:Went down to the Arena this afternoon and saw a bloody big hole in the area of one of the car parks. Excavators looked to be digging as if on their way to Australia... :o

No idea why this was being dug so deep. The only thing i could come up with was that it was an area that was going to have large underground tanks installed as a means of gathering the drainage water from the main pitch.

Anybody got any other ideas or what in fact the holes are being dug for?

:?: :?: :?:

I hear the Sunday Sport are looking for people who can create a mountain out of a mole hill and convince readers of bloody big holes in car parks that go all the way to Australia. Elvis living on the moon in a double decker bus, Lancaster Road Sainsbury's store development halted due to discovery of alien burial ground etc etc, what next CC, what next ??? :roll:
NeilG

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:23 am

NeilG wrote:what next CC, what next ??? :roll:

Negative Ned says how much he's enjoyed this season?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 am

We win at home......when I attend
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Mighty Red » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 am

"CC ate my hamster"

Allegedly.
Mighty Red

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm

has campdave fallen in the bloody big hole :lol:

hes not been on svs for sometime :!:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: There's a bloody big hole at the new Arena

Postby dave wilky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 am

Aspers wrote:It's an underground train link from Sydney to Morecambe. 8-) :lol:

:lol: :lol: you wish...............
dave wilky

Postby durianmuncher » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 am

I reckon it's a stab at getting para olympics event in Morecambe - a golf course for the visually impaired and directionally challenged.
durianmuncher

Postby John L » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 am

durianmuncher wrote:I reckon it's a stab at getting para olympics event in Morecambe - a golf course for the visually impaired and directionally challenged.

We already have one of those, in Happy Mount Park!!!
John L

Return to General Discussion