Downtown Bangkok to Deane Court

Downtown Bangkok to Deane Court

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:18 am

Bit of a marathon this, but after all the travelling me and Doris have done this last 5 weeks it should be a cinch. We're in Phnom Penh at the moment, so still a couple of loops to jump through.

Programme is:

Friday 1700 (local), 1000 (GMT) - leave Bangkok hotel for airport
2100 (local), 1400 (GMT) - Dep Bangkok for Gatwick, via Dubai
0635 (GMT) - Arrive Gatwick
0730 - Train to Portsmouth
0930 - Arrive home in Gosport
1030 - Wake Bobby (our little red Ford Ka) up from his 5 weeks of inactivity, and drive to Bournemouth
1230 - Arrive Deane Court

Which pub?
We'll be the odd couple with the sun tans 8-)

Rock-on
Plain Peter

Re: Downtown Bangkok to Deane Court

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Peter hope you have had fun on Doris' tours! :lol:

The Queens Park pub near the ground that was away friendly where we enjoyed a couple in last season has closed down :( Does'nt look like there is anywhere handy and there is nothing available at the ground in terms of a beer so it looks like a taxi ride or a 30 minute walk from the town centre. 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:51 pm

marky No.1 wrote:...so it looks like a taxi ride or a 30 minute walk from the town centre. 8-)

you could do with finding a couple of people in a four seater car who have a good reason to reduce their current carbon footprint who will give you a lift... :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:...so it looks like a taxi ride or a 30 minute walk from the town centre. 8-)

you could do with finding a couple of people in a four seater car who have a good reason to reduce their current carbon footprint who will give you a lift... :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Peters carbon footprint is in line with that of Madonna!! :lol: Good thinking Keith ;)

There is a Wetherspoons within a mile of the ground but it is in the other direction.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pub ... ce-shelley
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Peter wrote:Bit of a marathon this, but after all the travelling me and Doris have done this last 5 weeks it should be a cinch. We're in Phnom Penh at the moment, so still a couple of loops to jump through.

Programme is:

Friday 1700 (local), 1000 (GMT) - leave Bangkok hotel for airport
2100 (local), 1400 (GMT) - Dep Bangkok for Gatwick, via Dubai
0635 (GMT) - Arrive Gatwick
0730 - Train to Portsmouth
0930 - Arrive home in Gosport
1030 - Wake Bobby (our little red Ford Ka) up from his 5 weeks of inactivity, and drive to Bournemouth
1230 - Arrive Deane Court

Which pub?
We'll be the odd couple with the sun tans 8-)

Rock-on

Hi Peter,

just regarding pubs we are hoping to find a friendly pub for sat game, once we find one i will post on here and we will also let the mini buses know to! look forward to hearing about your travels|!!

Sam
thegentlegiant

Postby AFCB 22 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am

Just to let you know that the Queens Park has not been closed down, still open and welcoming. Have a safe trip.
AFCB 22

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:17 am

AFCB 22 wrote:Just to let you know that the Queens Park has not been closed down, still open and welcoming. Have a safe trip.

OK thanks for that and apologise if this is your pub? I got my info from the Football ground Guide which is normally reliable as it is updated regulary ~ on this occasion in January, so I presume there have been some changes? ;)

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/bournemouth/
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:39 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:just regarding pubs we are hoping to find a friendly pub for sat game, once we find one i will post on here and we will also let the mini buses know to! look forward to hearing about your travels|!!Sam

I have found you somewhere to relax later on in the evening Sam :o .. :lol: :lol:

Adults only of course!!

http://www.bournemouthbynight.com/venues/wiggle.html

If I get a wiggle on, I will definately get a slap! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:56 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:just regarding pubs we are hoping to find a friendly pub for sat game, once we find one i will post on here and we will also let the mini buses know to! look forward to hearing about your travels|!!Sam

I have found you somewhere to relax later on in the evening Sam :o .. :lol: :lol:

Adults only of course!!

http://www.bournemouthbynight.com/venues/wiggle.html

If I get a wiggle on, I will definately get a slap! :lol:

Now that is purrrfect :o

Thats the dancers sorted, now for the band at the game!!!! 8-)
thegentlegiant

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 am

Pre-match at the Queen's Park then?

last few hours in Bangkok now. We normally stay near the river, as it's easy for getting around. Changed the area this time as I got a v.good deal. Lovely hotel, but some of the rooms are rented out by the hour!
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 am

Never made it.
Felt a bit wobbly when we landed at LGW.
Put that down to a couple of scoops of vin rough with breakfast on the plane at 0500.
But by the time the train got to Pompey me and Doris both felt cream-crackered.
So being the sensible pair what we are we binned the idea of a drive to Bournemouth while under the influence of travel weariness.
Settled instead for a carry-out, and watch Pompey v Brum in the FA Cup on the box.
Tucked-up in bed by 1700.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Peter wrote:Never made it.
Felt a bit wobbly when we landed at LGW.
Put that down to a couple of scoops of vin rough with breakfast on the plane at 0500.
But by the time the train got to Pompey me and Doris both felt cream-crackered.
So being the sensible pair what we are we binned the idea of a drive to Bournemouth while under the influence of travel weariness.
Settled instead for a carry-out, and watch Pompey v Brum in the FA Cup on the box.
Tucked-up in bed by 1700.

You lightweight! There was us waiting for that lift to the stadium as arranged by Keith! :lol:
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion