Sammy On Port Vale & More - Listen Here.....

Sammy On Port Vale & More - Listen Here.....

Postby The Bay » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:51 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy On Port Vale & More - Listen Here.....

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 pm

"In the process of going through the people we want" ~ So Gaz and Drummy are the first through the door who's next I wonder :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:22 pm

For me

Sign new deals :

Barry Roche

Craig Stanley

Dave artell

Rory Winters

Michael Twiss (1 year deal)

Neil Wainwright (1 year deal)

Paul Mullin (1 year deal)

sign permanently when loans expire sign permanently :-

Manny Panther

Phil Jevons

Ian Craney

release to make room for new signings:-

Henry McStay

Wayne Curtis

Aaron Taylor

Danny Adams

Scott Davies
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I have a question after this post please?

Why would you suggest not giving Wayne Curtis a new deal , and same goes for Aaron Taylor he has scored goals but he been unlucky with injuries.
darrenlock

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:47 pm

darrenlock wrote:I have a question after this post please?

Why would you suggest not giving Wayne Curtis a new deal , and same goes for Aaron Taylor he has scored goals but he been unlucky with injuries.

Purely a personal opinion but I feel they both fall into the same category of being too good for the reserves but not going to score enough goals at league 2 level. If Wayne is happy to be a squad man then maybe a 1 year deal although maybe the call from Holker Street will be too strong.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Is Hock-er Street Barrow lol.

I do agree with what you have to say but also i don't understand why Sammy plays Wayne out of position , and putting Michael Twiss as a center forward i am a first season timer but i hear that fans think Wayne cant cut it at this level , but i believe he can come on he won't get ahead of Jevons .
But Mullins could be in case Sammy wants to mix and match during the football season.

I will take your word Heysham because you have been watching Morecambe longer than me and is more experienced on Morecambe , just asking.

And with Aaron i think he is very young and If injury free i can see him gaining more confidence working with first team just needs a break in football.
darrenlock

Postby marky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Why on earth would you offer Twiss a new deal? He's already on borrowed time...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:08 pm

marky wrote:Why on earth would you offer Twiss a new deal? He's already on borrowed time...

Its all about personal opinions. That is your opinion.

Mine is that he has given us 6 years of loyal service. He has been in decent form for most of the season (he was the only player away at Burton Albion who came out of the game with any credit IMHO). He was a key player in our 7 game back to back winning run. He is still a very useful impact sub and can also play upfront or midfield.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 pm

He's also likely to be one of our top earners and I feel that those funds could be better utilised bringing in someone who's likely to play more than a bit part. He may have given us many years of good service, but as a football club we don't have the luxury of providing an extra year for it. I'd also question giving Wainwright another year purely due to how injury prone he seems to be.
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:16 pm

I would expect that the terms offered would be reduced compared to his current contract due to football/economic climate etc.

He is still a very useful footballer and has been an iconic figure in our rise from the Conference.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 am

[quote="marky"]Why on earth would you offer Twiss a new deal? He's already on borrowed time...[/quote]

That's a bit harsh.

I do expect Michael to be released after a massive vote of thanks from the club and for Jim Harvey to offer him a deal. But to use the words 'on borrowed time' is showing a lack of respect towards Michael and for all that he's contributed to our success over the last years.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:36 am

I prefer to say it as I see it, rather than say exactly the same thing by going via Timbuktu ;)
marky

Return to General Discussion