Petting Zoo/Visitors Farm

Postby Barry Poo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 am

Hi this is something I suggested for the new ground a while ago and though I would try and resurrect it.

At the new ground I would like to see a Petting zoo/Visitors Farm…. I think this would be a fantastic attraction to help bring families in and make visiting the Globe Arena and all day event not just during the match. It might encourage the visiting away fan to bring his family too!! This would have a great knock on effect of boosting trade to the other onsite ventures, catering etc.

It also fits in with the policy of making the ground make money all year round not just on match day

I would see us having a few cows, some chickens an orse. Four Donkeys and a goat. Oh maybe a pig but lets not get bogged down in details. Nearly forgot we should have rabbits and things that children can hold.

This might demonstrate how the club contributes to the wider community and provides and excellent money making facility

I have set up a petition to show support for the idea (please sign if you agree) but feel free to add your comments here too.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mfcpettingzoo/

Disclaimer

This is totally my idea and is in no way connected to the club. The petition is not a demand or expectation for action just purely to show support (if any) for the idea. If people think it’s a good idea I will approach the club to see if it’s something they might be interested in.

Thanks for your time

Poo
Barry Poo

Re: Petting Zoo/Visitors Farm

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 am

Good idea.

Just not practical though.

I'd have thought that the space needed is not available at the new site.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby NeilG » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Barry Poo wrote:Petting Zoo/Visitors Farm

Hi this is something I suggested for the new ground a while ago and though I would try and resurrect it.

At the new ground I would like to see a Petting zoo/Visitors Farm…. I think this would be a fantastic attraction to help bring families in and make visiting the Globe Arena and all day event not just during the match. It might encourage the visiting away fan to bring his family too!! This would have a great knock on effect of boosting trade to the other onsite ventures, catering etc.

It also fits in with the policy of making the ground make money all year round not just on match day

I would see us having a few cows, some chickens an orse. Four Donkeys and a goat. Oh maybe a pig but lets not get bogged down in details. Nearly forgot we should have rabbits and things that children can hold.

This might demonstrate how the club contributes to the wider community and provides and excellent money making facility

I have set up a petition to show support for the idea (please sign if you agree) but feel free to add your comments here too.

Disclaimer

This is totally my idea and is in no way connected to the club. The petition is not a demand or expectation for action just purely to show support (if any) for the idea. If people think it’s a good idea I will approach the club to see if it’s something they might be interested in.

Thanks for your time

Poo

First post eh, welcome to shrimpsvoices, don't expect us all to be taken in by your poo ;)
NeilG

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Think of all the health and saftey checks that would need to be done
heysham_mfc

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

If.. heaven forbid all these plans to make a little atmosphere at the new place come to fruition, wouldnt that disturb the animals!?
Pandashrimp

Postby greenshrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 pm

...and imagine if there were a foot and mouth outbreak etc, our attendances could fall to zero :-o
greenshrimp

Postby mellow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Petting zoo/bar and grill would be better.

Select your pet, stroke and have a Heysham butcher skin and prepare the meat for celebrity chef Paul Heathcote to cook to your specification.

Medium rare llama anyone?
mellow

Postby Curly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:36 am

Are we going to sell little bags of "pet food" (seeds and the like) for 10p each, so the little
children can get their fingers bitten by the goats? :?
Anyway it's still a great idea. :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 am

Brilliant Poo!

Personally I would take it a step further. As we progress up the leagues certain players may be past their best so instead of just releasing them we could keep them and put them in the petting zoo. :idea:

Come and let your children groom the Moose. Cue Dave Artell running around the paddock doing his Moose impression.

Come and let your children feed the Grizzly Bear. Don't worry parents! This Grizzly (Adams) is fierce but ain't fast enough to catch your kids.

Come and let your children pet Bambi. Cue Andy Parrish trotting over looking all cute.There must be others to fill the ex-players petting zoo?
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Barry Poo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 am

NeilG wrote:
Barry Poo wrote:Petting Zoo/Visitors Farm

Disclaimer

Thanks for your time

Poo

First post eh, welcome to shrimpsvoices, don't expect us all to be taken in by your poo ;)

If you've been here a while I'm sure you know it's not really my first post just the Barry Poo user name got lost so I've re registered it after after a few years off

Need more signatures people, although I'm not sure some of you are taking this seriously enough (ok I realise it sounds a little silly)

I might stand outside the next home game and collect signatures if anyone would like to help me? I'll bring some water
Barry Poo

Return to General Discussion