Phantom goal giver ...

Phantom goal giver ...

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:38 am

Could be interesting night tomorrow as the ref for bury game is a certain stuart atwell - the ref who gives goals when they don't even go in
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Phantom goal giver ...

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 am

ZZZ... it happened once, and the poor chap has to live with it being brought up by lazy journalists for the rest of his career.

Didn't do us any harm when he reffed the conference play-off final.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 am

campdave wrote:ZZZ... it happened once, and the poor chap has to live with it being brought up by lazy journalists for the rest of his career.

Didn't do us any harm when he reffed the conference play-off final.

Michael Oliver reffed our play-off final.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Michael Oliver reffed our play-off final.

A good point, well made.
campdave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks for the comment campdave but before you have a go/dig get your facts straight
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ezz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Dave's just been burned, crispy style :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_red » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Could be interesting night tomorrow as the ref for bury game is a certain stuart atwell - the ref who gives goals when they don't even go in

Fgh shrimp wrote:Thanks for the comment campdave but before you have a go/dig get your facts straight

I could be quite pedantic here but i wont....

Ok I will. He gave a goal when it didn't go in. using Gives would suggest he has done this on a number of occasions. it didn't happen more than once did it?

and further still

...bizarre decision, 13 minutes into the game, that put Reading in front and devalued everything that followed. Stephen Hunt swung in a corner, which hit Eustace on the thighs. Noel Hunt scampered after the loose ball, attempting, unsuccessfully, to cut it back from the byline before it bobbled out of play wide of the goal. Bannister raised his flag, Attwell pointed to the six-yard line, and the teams jogged away to arrange themselves for a goal-kick.

But the 22 players, Attwell and the 14,761 spectators inside the ground had failed to understand Bannister's signal. A brief conversation ensued between referee and assistant and, to the astonishment of all, a goal was awarded, Bannister believing the ball to have been inside the post rather than two yards outside.

so the referee may have given the goal but it was in fact the linesman fault. If Attwell wasn't 100% sure and the linesman was (although he was wrong) then Atwell really had no choice but to give the goal. So really it we should be worried about getting Bannister not Atwell.
Heysham_red

Postby campdave » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Thanks for the comment campdave but before you have a go/dig get your facts straight

I still stand by my comment, it's not like he's giving a phantom goal every week. Grow thicker skin.
campdave

Return to General Discussion