Play-Offs Yeh/No ?

Play-Offs Yeh/No ?

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Does anybody think that well make the Play-Offs.Realistially weve got to beat Bury at Gigg Lane on Tuesday to stand a chance and Then beat Port Vale at Christie on the Saturday.I think that we need to bring back Bentley and Moss and put Parrish and Artell on the Bench.And Give Curtis more starts as he can take Defenders on
northstandshrimp2009

Re: Play-Offs Yeh/No ?

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 pm

i think will finish just outside like last season.

but i will be just happy to be playing L2 football next season in the new Stadium, we just need to get off to a better start next season

and learn our lesson and remember not to have such a hard pre-season like last time, where losing and conceding goals became a bad habit
George Dawes

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Unfortunately no. We've only had a week or two in a play off position since we entered L2 and we probably lack that little bit extra to get in there and stay there.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if they proved me wrong though.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:33 pm

I see it like this.
I did not go to the game today, so I don't think I have the right to make any comment on today's game.
Part and parcel of supporting a team is to follow them win, lose or draw.
If they lose, as today, it is disappointing, no more, no less.
We all have the right to an opinion, and the right to express it, but it should not become personal/abusive.
Many times I have looked at others' comments on certain issues, and it has actually made me change my own mind, even when I thought my view was correct.
I think also that we all have to keep things in perspective and keep a sense of humour.
On saying all of the above, yes, it is frustrating when results don't go our way, but surely that is all part of supporting the Shrimps or any other team.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Play-offs? Smay-offs!!

Automatic is still there, although i don't think we're gonna be able to catch Rochdale now.

Ok then, were we are now would be good anything else up from that would be a bonus.

I do reckon though that the next 15 games will be the key
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

We are not ready for league one, we would struggle, we have achieved safety in the football league, and have a good end of season party, plus a great future at the globe to look forward to :!: :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I see it like this.
I did not go to the game today, so I don't think I have the right to make any comment on today's game.
Part and parcel of supporting a team is to follow them win, lose or draw.
If they lose, as today, it is disappointing, no more, no less.
We all have the right to an opinion, and the right to express it, but it should not become personal/abusive.
Many times I have looked at others' comments on certain issues, and it has actually made me change my own mind, even when I thought my view was correct.
I think also that we all have to keep things in perspective and keep a sense of humour.
On saying all of the above, yes, it is frustrating when results don't go our way, but surely that is all part of supporting the Shrimps or any other team.

What he said.
Mark S

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Looking at your defence today, I'm surprise you are anywhere near the play-off's.....you looked very poor today to be honest.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Looking at your defence today, I'm surprise you are anywhere near the play-off's.....you looked very poor today to be honest.

fair comment.
George Dawes

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:44 pm

And you Mark S are still the World's Greatest Matchday Announcer!! :D

I would go to home games to hear your announcements even if :
1. We lost 20 home games on the trot
2. If there were no match being played at all. :D :D
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:44 pm

[code][/code]
where u at in the l1 give it a rest
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:And you Mark S are still the World's Greatest Matchday Announcer!! :D

:o :shock: :?

:lol: I would take more water with it! ;)
Mark S

Postby parceldave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Mark S wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:And you Mark S are still the World's Greatest Matchday Announcer!! :D

:o :shock: :?

:lol: I would take more water with it! ;)

And i thought i'de a good drink . :lol:
Just having a couple of litres of the best beer in the world LEFFE BRUNNE (in my opinion) before i go out . :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:18 pm

only time will tell!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Play offs - not this season as defence is not strong enough im afraid we have already conceded to many goals
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:49 pm

if we did then it would be only just nicking 7th place
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Get a room! :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

Get a room! :lol:

To be honest that night with you put me off, little fella. :lol:
Mark S

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:13 am

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:Looking at your defence today, I'm surprise you are anywhere near the play-off's.....you looked very poor today to be honest.

We just dont want you to go down, but i feel that when certain players return to cemment the cracks e.g. JB ;) . The Shrimps will sneak into the play offs ,then who knows eh :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 am

Stanley Bowles wrote:

We just dont want you to go down, but i feel that when certain players return to cemment the cracks e.g. JB ;) . The Shrimps will sneak into the play offs ,then who knows eh :D

We need Jimbos experience at the back. I feel we have a good chance of making the playoffs, we just need to be alot more consistant. We can't go playing amazing against Burton, then playing very poorly against Cheltenham who are 3rd from bottom.
Crooky MFC

Postby Curly » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 am

DawZi wrote:i think will finish just outside like last season.

but i will be just happy to be playing L2 football next season in the new Stadium, we just need to get off to a better start next season

and learn our lesson and remember not to have such a hard pre-season like last time, where losing and conceding goals became a bad habit

Ahhhhhh! yes!
The Coitus Interruptus method :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Posh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 am

I doubt we'll make the playoffs but even if we did it would be highly unlikely we'd win them.

So with that in mind I'd like to see us at least play with a view to next season. Come July the vast majority of our squad are out of contract, so given we've got a flat four now it would seem to make sense to give a run out to Darren Moss who has another year left to see what he's made of. Perhaps worth having a look at Matty Poole and Rory Winters too. It would also be good to hear some news about new contracts. The only ones on contract next season by my reckoning are Duffs, Loz Wilson, Darren Moss and Will Haining.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 am

Posh wrote:I doubt we'll make the playoffs but even if we did it would be highly unlikely we'd win them.

So with that in mind I'd like to see us at least play with a view to next season. Come July the vast majority of our squad are out of contract, so given we've got a flat four now it would seem to make sense to give a run out to Darren Moss who has another year left to see what he's made of. Perhaps worth having a look at Matty Poole and Rory Winters too. It would also be good to hear some news about new contracts. The only ones on contract next season by my reckoning are Duffs, Loz Wilson, Darren Moss and Will Haining.

id like to give Moss a go, he come to us highly rated but had a nightmare at the start of the season

but to be right about it he's a FULLBACK and was played as a WING-BACK and probably for the first time in his career and deserves a fair chance in a now would be familiar back 4
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am

DawZi wrote:

id like to give Moss a go, he come to us highly rated but had a nightmare at the start of the season

but to be right about it he's a FULLBACK and was played as a WING-BACK and probably for the first time in his career and deserves a fair chance in a now would be familiar back 4

I agree, though it would mean dropping Parrish who has been the revelation of the season given his form when he first joined us.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 am

campdave wrote:
DawZi wrote:

I agree, though it would mean dropping Parrish who has been the revelation of the season given his form when he first joined us.

well it's like this lets see how the next few weeks go

then if it looks like the play-offs are a long shot, just like Posh is getting at, we should look to build for next season and look at the players we have
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion