Hard truths

Hard truths

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:04 pm

It's about time that we all accepted that defensively we are absolutely crap. Take a look at tonights table. We've the second worse defensive record in the league.

In his post match interview after todays diabolical performance all the manager could say was that we couldn't cope with their big men and in particular Alsopp from the minute their first goal went in.

If that is the case, why persist with the same central defensive partnership of Haining and Artell? By the sounds of it, Arts had an absolute 'mare. Why not try a Haining / Bentley partnership if as has been acknowledged, that the defence couldn't cope? Surely no better time than today, especially after going 2-0 down.

Once again his substitution policy leaves a lot of questions. Too little..too late. But what's new there?

There's little point being the leagues 3rd highest goal scorers IF the defence can't do the bloody job. I really do fear for Tuesday's game at Bury if he persists with the current central defensive partnership.....but of course he bloody well will...won't he??????

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Hard truths

Postby NeilG » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Too fickle to be taken seriously these days CC :(
NeilG

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 pm

don't think cc is been fickle at all - people need to take the blinkers off and admit we are not very good defensively and the stats prove that yes we may have scored 53 but have conceded far to many to be a top 7 side but that's only my opinion
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 pm

NeilG wrote:Too fickle to be taken seriously these days CC :(

.....and your solution would be.... :?: :?: :?:

Our defensive record speaks for itself.......
Christies Child

Postby Pandashrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Lets face it we could have all the options in the world and Sammy wouldnt utilise them form the bench. I noticed that Tuesday was the first time anyone has praised SM changes from a position where we were not already winning.

I know he had some decent games early on during our 'run' but Parrish has never filled me with confidence. I also know Moss had a couple of poor games early on but Sammy was raving about him non stop when he signed, claiming half the league was after him, yet after being made a scapegoat early on by the fans he hasnt had a look in. Give him another chance to prove why he is so highly rated and get Jimbo back to organise the defense.
If we keep a back four the Bury game for me should be: Moss Haining Jimbo Wilson/Adams (depending on who plays LM)
Pandashrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:23 pm

I reckon the new defence should be:

Parrish Bentley Haining Wilson
Little Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

Typical knee-jerk reaction stuff that I expected. Boring and predictable spleen venting.

Carry on, it always comes back to bite you.

:roll:
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I reckon the new defence should be:

Parrish Bentley Haining Wilson

... :o :o :o hell...somebody agrees with me.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Mark S wrote:Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

Typical knee-jerk reaction stuff that I expected. Boring and predictable spleen venting.

Spot on, its just so predictable and depressing, the usual players criticised from people who haven't even been at the game.
steve mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Stats don't lie mark !!!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Mark S wrote:Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

I hope it does....because then our defence will be doing what they get their salaries for and I'll have mud on my face which to be honest wouldn't bother me if that were the case.
Christies Child

Postby al1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:40 pm

i am sure that we are all dissapointed with todays result cc,but it just gives you an excuse to have a 'dig' at the manager or about the new stadium or whatever.i really get fed up with you sometimes.please give it a rest.try and think twice before you post your views.
al1

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Stats don't lie mark !!!

Stats can say what you want. Six points from Nine doesnt sound too bad John.

If only it was as simple as forwards doing a seperate job to defenders.

"Right guys, tactics for today's game is that you strikers score goals and you defenders dont let anyone past you. it cant fail!"

:lol: :lol:

I dont mind constructive criticism but abuse, disrespect and anyone calling MY team 'crap' disappoints me.
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm

al1 wrote:i am sure that we are all dissapointed with todays result cc,but it just gives you an excuse to have a 'dig' at the manager or about the new stadium or whatever.fed up witi really get h you sometimes.please give it a rest.try and think twice before you post your views.

....and yet you still read my posts. :?

I praise the team and the manager when it all comes together, but when it's as bad as it was today (even Quinny and Lance said it was poor) then I'll say exactly what I think.

As for the new Arena, I've asked questions about the Home Stand facilities. Nothing wrong in that in my opinion. You seem to conveniently forget the number of times I've been full of praise about the Arena and the Boards excellence in what it is has done for our club.

If you don't like what I post...simple solution...DON'T READ 'EM! :?
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Mark S wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:Stats don't lie mark !!!

Stats can say what you want. Six points from Nine doesnt sound too bad John.

If only it was as simple as forwards doing a seperate job to defenders.

"Right guys, tactics for today's game is that you strikers score goals and you defenders dont let anyone past you. it cant fail!"

:lol: :lol:

I dont mind constructive criticism but abuse, disrespect and anyone 'crapcalling MY team ' disappoints me.

..that implies that I suggested that the entire team are crap.

Far from it. Attack wise we are up there with the best in the league... but defensively :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 pm

ali i be honest ok

Morecambe have a fantastic home record and do beat some brillant teams at home ok and after two fantastic win in last week we were expecitin to get a result vs cheltenham no offense to the tema but you have to look at that teams record recently ok.

We dont want sammy gone but we all understand the difficulties with little money but look at accrington stanley tipped for relegation and on the brink off the play-offs bookmaker tipped more this season for 7th and to be honest with two in form center forwards enought said.

Why not start Duffy manny or jimbo or wayne curtis.

Im sure with mfc home form could nick 8th-9th at least but tactics have 2 b better
darrenlock

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Mark S wrote:
I dont mind constructive criticism but abuse, disrespect and anyone calling MY team 'crap' disappoints me.

Good job you weren't stood near to some of the 'supporters' near me on The North Stand on Tuesday then Mark. I couldn't believe some of the stuff i was hearing. But good prevailed over evil that night and it always will.

I appreciate that there is always gonna be 'the glass is half empty' brigade, but when things start to get personal then that is way too far, in my opinion.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 pm

[quote='Christies Child']..that implies that I suggested that the entire team are crap.

Far from it. Attack wise we are up there with the best in the league... but defensively [/quote]

I would suggest that the team would feel otherwise. If you are calling a section of them 'Crap' you are insulting them all. Thats how proper teams think.

But they were not crap on Tuesday or last Saturday were they?

Now, today after listening to a commentary, they are crap?

I would have more respect if all these forthright opinions you keep venting on here were backed up by saying them face to face to the players or the Manager.

I dont like the tone of the original post and i dont know what you are hoping to achieve with it apart from stirring up anger and unrest. The disrespect you show in the original post is astounding and you would NEVER talk to anyone like that face to face without expecting recourse.
Mark S

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:24 pm

bit of a funny one this, 1500 or so fans should not really be enough to keep us in league footy, so if half of them like moaning about league 2 footy but want to get in cheap , where does the money come from to get us into league one, i , like mark, want to see the team do well, and i moan a bit sometimes when we dont do well, one or two people seem to be waiting for a slip to pounce on, like the old boys off the muppets, in the gallery, i have been sitting in the stand for the last three years rather than on the terrace and find it funny that a lot of older moaning minnies seem to be able to hark back to better times, WHAT BETTER TIMES,

the European cup final :?:

This period we are now in is the most successful in the clubs history, the defence is what it is, shut up and smile and clap once in a while cc, your dramatic exits are underwhelming :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby HTAFChristiepark » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Christies Child - you appear to have got home early from cheltenham?? or did u take ur laptop with you? I'm suprised you dont take it to home games actually, seen as i sit close to you (yes i know who u are) and you leave the game 5 mins early EVERY week win lose or draw. you're not a fan. u just use it as an excuse to let off some steam because uve had a bad week at home or whatever. The fact is you actually know nothing at all about morecambe or anyone else for that matter. After all youve moaned about, your team is four points off the play offs, with no funds, not the biggest revenue from sales of season tickets OR merchandise, a new stadium in the making which costs money meaning no room for wages for loan players etc etc. The fact you are even in with a shout is a credit to the players and the staff. People are still on the road to recovery like manny panther, ian cranie etc. When the full squad is available, morecambe are in danger, and you're losing at home every week (as lets face is, you cant be bothered to travel to away games), and you actually witness 90 minutes of football, then you can post your nonsense negativity on here to make yourself feel a bit better. Until then, stop spreading bad press about people who are more successful than you and have better insight into whats going on. Last time i checked, you weren't ever a player, you have no coaching experience or qualifications, you don't know the players or staff, you don't go watch them away, you leave early, you CONSTANTLY moan about lack of substitutions and you drain the life out of those who have to siv through ur drabble week in week out on here. Get behind your team a bit more or stay at home. try being a darlington fan. morecambe aren't real madrid, they wont win every week and as i said earlier, theyve had a good few seasons if you look at the bigger picture.

By the way, im a huddersfield town fan, and i know more than you do. Up the shrimps.
HTAFChristiepark

Postby parceldave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Mark S wrote:Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt

the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

As opposed to the " Lets bury our head in the sand brigade " .

I would hardly call it a knee jerk reaction when we've only managed 11pts out of the last 10 games . :roll: :roll: :roll:
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 pm

parceldave wrote:
Mark S wrote:Just said to my Wife "Better go and have a look on Shrimpsvoices. No doubt

the usual suspects will be baying for blood"

As opposed to the " Lets bury our head in the sand brigade " .

I would hardly call it a knee jerk reaction when we've only managed 11pts out of the last 10 games . :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yet we are still only 4 points off the play off zone. :D Great eh?
Mark S

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:41 pm

HTAFChristiepark wrote:Christies Child - you appear to have got home early from cheltenham?? or did u take ur laptop with you? I'm suprised you dont take it to home games actually, seen as i sit close to you (yes i know who u are) and you leave the game 5 mins early EVERY week win lose or draw. you're not a fan. u just use it as an excuse to let off some steam because uve had a bad week at home or whatever. The fact is you actually know nothing at all about morecambe or anyone else for that matter. After all youve moaned about, your team is four points off the play offs, with no funds, not the biggest revenue from sales of season tickets OR merchandise, a new stadium in the making which costs money meaning no room for wages for loan players etc etc. The fact you are even in with a shout is a credit to the players and the staff. People are still on the road to recovery like manny panther, ian cranie etc. When the full squad is available, morecambe are in danger, and you're losing at home every week (as lets face is, you cant be bothered to travel to away games), and you actually witness 90 minutes of football, then you can post your nonsense negativity on here to make yourself feel a bit better. Until then, stop spreading bad press about people who are more successful than you and have better insight into whats going on. Last time i checked, you weren't ever a player, you have no coaching experience or qualifications, you don't know the players or staff, you don't go watch them away, you leave early, you CONSTANTLY moan about lack of substitutions and you drain the life out of those who have to siv through ur drabble week in week out on here. Get behind your team a bit more or stay at home. try being a darlington fan. morecambe aren't real madrid, they wont win every week and as i said earlier, theyve had a good few seasons if you look at the bigger picture.

By the way, im a huddersfield town fan, and i know more than you do. Up the shrimps.

NICE ONE! For a first post you have a balanced realistic view of whats what at MFC. Can't really argue with anything you've posted there!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:41 pm

HTAFChristiepark wrote:Christies Child - you appear to have got home early from cheltenham?? or did u take ur laptop with you? I'm suprised you dont take it to home games actually, seen as i sit close to you (yes i know who u are) and you leave the game 5 mins early EVERY week win lose or draw. you're not a fan. u just use it as an excuse to let off some steam because uve had a bad week at home or whatever. The fact is you actually know nothing at all about morecambe or anyone else for that matter. After all youve moaned about, your team is four points off the play offs, with no funds, not the biggest revenue from sales of season tickets OR merchandise, a new stadium in the making which costs money meaning no room for wages for loan players etc etc. The fact you are even in with a shout is a credit to the players and the staff. People are still on the road to recovery like manny panther, ian cranie etc. When the full squad is available, morecambe are in danger, and you're losing at home every week (as lets face is, you cant be bothered to travel to away games), and you actually witness 90 minutes of football, then you can post your nonsense negativity on here to make yourself feel a bit better. Until then, stop spreading bad press about people who are more successful than you and have better insight into whats going on. Last time i checked, you weren't ever a player, you have no coaching experience or qualifications, you don't know the players or staff, you don't go watch them away, you leave early, you CONSTANTLY moan about lack of substitutions and you drain the life out of those who have to siv through ur drabble week in week out on here. Get behind your team a bit more or stay at home. try being a darlington fan. morecambe aren't real madrid, they wont win every week and as i said earlier, theyve had a good few seasons if you look at the bigger picture.

Well that's told me!
:o :o :o
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion