Sammys Subs

Sammys Subs

Postby John » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:49 pm

I have always moaned about Sammy not making subs early enough or when he makes a sub it seems to be a bizarre one but last night I thought he had a stroke of genius.

Almost everyone around me couldn't believe he took off Duffy when he was having a good game and brought on Danny Adams but I thought it was very clever! They had been frightened of Duffy all game and this move made them relax a little and push forward. We needed quality to be put in to the box and Duffy had barely produced a final ball all game so Wilson (who has the most attacking quality in the whole team IMO) was pushed forward and in the end produced a perfect cross for the winner!

Well done Sammy!
John

Re: Sammys Subs

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:56 pm

John wrote:I have always moaned about Sammy not making subs early enough or when he makes a sub it seems to be a bizarre one but last night I thought he had a stroke of genius.
Almost everyone around me couldn't believe he took off Duffy when he was having a good game and brought on Danny Adams but I thought it was very clever! They had been frightened of Duffy all game and this move made them relax a little and push forward. We needed quality to be put in to the box and Duffy had barely produced a final ball all game so Wilson (who has the most attacking quality in the whole team IMO) was pushed forward and in the end produced a perfect cross for the winner!

Well done Sammy!

Me to....but if you listen to their managers post match interview (link elsewhere) he made the comment about being glad that Duffy went off.

Somehow I think it did have the effect of relaxing them just a little when Willow took on Duffy's role.

And how glad are we that they did, 'cause it was from Willow's superb cross that Mullin scored.

So as far as i'm concerned yet another example of how little I know about football. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion