Morecambe 3 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons, Mullen f/t

Morecambe 3 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons, Mullen f/t

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Good start by the sound of it, Mullen had an excellent chance early on from a clever Stanley free kick.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Burton Albion 1

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:11 pm

"awful defending" "plenty of questions against the Morecambe defence for letting him run"

Burton's first strike on goal :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Burton Albion 1 Drummond

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Excellent stuff! Equaliser from Drummond. Jevons had a shot cleared off the line. From the resulting corner, Stanley swung the ball in to the area where Drummie was there to head home.

Sounds like we deserved it, let's hope we can push on now!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Burton Albion 2 Drummond

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Burton's second attack and their second goal :cry: "shocking defence again".

"Morecambe have dominated for long periods but still find themselves a goal down"

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 2 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Drummond with a great ball to Hunter who put in a cross for Jevons who scored his 100th Football League goal!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 3 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons, Mullen

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:31 pm

3-2 :D :D :D

Wilson with an inch perfect cross for Mullen to head home from close range! Superb!!!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 3 Burton Albion 2 Drummond, Jevons, Mullen f/t

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Baring a postponement, that's a great way to finish our 'night matches' at Christie Park.

Excellent win! Two points outside the play offs and by the sound of it, a cracking game.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm

More great news!!!!!!! Linclon 2-1 Accrigton and Hereford 2-0 Aldershot!!!!!!!!! Wahey :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

What a cracking game of football tonight. Hunter superb for the 2nd and worked hard all night. Great team effort and a great way to end mid-week football at Christie Park!
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Aspers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:12 pm

2-1 down when I logged on.
3-2 winners when I logged off 8-)
Aspers

Postby Mark S » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:18 pm

What a match! :D

Superb game. We looked the strongest side & never gave up.

Well done lads! :D

The North Stand was in great form tonight too!
Mark S

Postby Fallowfield Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Aspers wrote:2-1 down when I logged on.
3-2 winners when I logged off 8-)

Thanks Aspers.

You can come again!
Fallowfield Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Really good match today. Never gave up and it was great to see!
I now have no voice from all the singing :lol: It was worth it in the end though!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:23 pm

What a game always open even when Burton counter attacked in 2nd half Mark Duffy did well.

Barry Roache - Good routine game couldn't really do much all game.7/10

Parrish - Had a good match bit slow going forward.7/10

Haining - 2nd goal really should been closer to Artell so the 2nd goal-scorer didn;t have the half chance.7/10

Artell - Average had some good challenges but overall i think Bentley is close to his spot back i think.7/10

Wilson - good very good ball for Mullins but didn't really go forward enough maybe didn't go as forward because of next yellow will give him 2 game ban.7/10

Duffy - good link up play burton albion double marked him up because he was the biggest threat good match and shows he is worth the first team spot ahead of Twiss 8/10

Stanley - average match im not a huge fan sideway stanley as i know him but i fell like he is worth his place at least for now.

Drummond - Very good box too box played took his 1st goal well.7/10

Hunter - Mixed and match first half second half better i like him and fell he is key along with wilson 7/10
Mulling brillant player 8/10 Man of Match.

Jevons well done on your 100th goals and i fell the best of him will come back from now to end of season 8/10
darrenlock

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Fantastic game of football, we played some superb stuff. No-one had a bad game IMO, Hunter was amazing for the 2nd goal. This is why i love Morecambe FC, one of the best Tuesday night games for a long time :D

Atmosphere was class all second half, really enjoyed it :D

Roll on Saturday
Crooky MFC

Postby steve mfc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:32 pm

What a fantastic last evening game at Christie Park, superb entertainment and a great performance from the lads, It would have been a travesty if we hadn't won.

Plenty of good performances tonight but i thought Mullin thoroughly deserved his man of the match award, worked his socks off for the team.

Great character to come from behind twice and then get the winner, they hit the woodwork a couple of times but so did we, overall though i thought we were by far the better team.

Good to see Gary back in the side with a great run and cross for the second goal, if every game was like that then there wouldn't be many stopping in to watch football on tv, anyone that did tonight missed a cracker.

PAUL MULLIN IS A SHRIMP
Last edited by steve mfc on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

1,500+

One of the best games for a long time. Didn't think it was awful defending for their goals to be honest. The first one he maybe should have been closed down quicker but these things happen, then Barry seemed to lose the flight of it in the air and watched it sail past. Second one their lad caught Will and Arts on the turn, got the run of the ball and finished well.

They had a couple more good chances when we were throwing men forward at 2-1 half way through the second half but other than that we were all over what was a nippy looking Burton side who definitely came to give it a real go.

I'd have been gutted for our players had they not got what they fully deserved tonight. Thought Jevons looked a bit under the weather but still got his goal.

Mullin a good choice for MoM but everyone worked hard and some of the flowing football was breathtaking as we switched it from side to side and made chance after chance.

Hit the post twice, had two deflected just wide, a couple blocked on the line - just a very memorable game.

And how brilliant were the young lads keeping the chanting going for the full 90!

Superb stuff lads. Only one attempt at an offensive song which was soon drowned out and stopped and i think the ladt who started it thought better of it as well and joined in with the other song - fair play.

Great, great night.

Glad I was there.

:D :D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 pm

At 2-1 down in the second half, I closed my eyes and thought of Timmins, Borrowdale, Charlie Lea, Derek Lancaster, Webber, Galley, Richmond, Perkins, Cain, Coleman, McCluskie, Grimshaw, Healy, Jackson, Norman, Thompson, Baker and Carlton and thought, " Come on, do it again, under the lights, do it just one more time!" and they did! Perhaps prayers are sometimes answered. :) :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Absolutely fantastic game tonight, i thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. We definitely played the better football and i could not believe we were 2-1 down. On another day that would have been a much more comfortable win. Dont think anyone can say a player under performed tonight.

The atmosphere in the north stand was great and i just hope we can carry that into our last handfull of games at christie park.

This is one happy shrimp on a treck back to manchester- worth it :D !
Morecambe Jack

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 pm

The team were superb tonight. They fought so hard for this win, right from the start they played with grit, determination, desire and passion. MoM for me was Haining, who seemed to be leading from the back, he is a quality player who continues to impress. Mullin makes a difference up front, he worked hard all night and his shouldered goal was well deserved. Of course Hunter was brilliant, just what we have been missing on the right side, his effort to set up the equaliser was outstanding.

Amazingly Barry only touched the ball twice before they started to hit the woodwork. On both occasions it was to pick the ball out of the back of the net.

Special mention to the Morecambe Ultras...YOU WERE FANTASTIC :D
Caged Lion

Postby Shire Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Superb game!

At one point I thought it was going to be one of those nights, the chances just weren't going in, but it turned out to be one of THOSE nights! Great night, great match, memorable for much more than being the last night match at Christie Park!

Have to applaud Hunter for his setting up of the 2nd goal, can't wait to see it on the box! Speaking of which, if you opted to stay at home to watch the tv, you missed a treat! Hopefully it'll make a few people think twice about staying at home in the future!

Also great to hear the North Stand in fine voice, long may it continue!
Shire Shrimp

Postby John L » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Love your avatar, Shire Shrimp! :lol:
John L

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 pm

I wrote almost word for word the same as John posted!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Just look at that passing! Fantastic ball controll :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby hunter8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

class avatar shire shrimp
hunter8

Postby Shire Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Cheers! Too much time on my hands!
Shire Shrimp