Globe Arena - latest pics

Globe Arena - latest pics

Postby Mike W. » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Photos now on the web site taken yesterday, at the new place - largely ground work around stands and block work on walls for the Main Stand.

See http://www.globearena.co.uk (the old address still works ! ).

Mike W.
Ian L.
Mike W.

Re: Globe Arena - latest pics

Postby A.J » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:33 pm

sum nice pics.... good work :D
A.J

Postby Curly » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:04 pm

STOP THE CONSTRUCTION NOW!!

THERE ARE SOME BLUE BEAMS!!!

Give me strength! :roll: :roll: :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Curly wrote:STOP THE CONSTRUCTION NOW!!

omg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 pm

FFS Curly, it's in homage to our Wembley strip you fool!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)
Aspers

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:55 am

Picture 17 - there is not much space under the stand it is going to be a tight squeeze when we go for our half time pint.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:28 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Picture 17 - there is not much space under the stand it is going to be a tight squeeze when we go for our half time pint.

photos dont really do justice on this occasion. It is a lot more roomy than it appears.

Brian Fagan's report on progress in the Darlington programme mentions that "the terracing , steelwork and roof on the home stand are now complete. The floors to the food and drinks servery and toilets have been poured, both the home stand and away stand are at a similar stage of construction. With the main elements of the stands now complete the pitch perimeter will be levelled ready to receive the pitch drainage system. The site is currently a hive of activity and work remains on schedule for our mid July completion date".
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:Picture 17 - there is not much space under the stand it is going to be a tight squeeze when we go for our half time pint.

photos dont really do justice on this occasion. It is a lot more roomy than it appears.

Brian Fagan's report on progress in the Darlington programme mentions that "the terracing , steelwork and roof on the home stand are now complete. The floors to the food and drinks servery and toilets have been poured, both the home stand and away stand are at a similar stage of construction. With the main elements of the stands now complete the pitch perimeter will be levelled ready to receive the pitch drainage system. The site is currently a hive of activity and work remains on schedule for our mid July completion date".

I certainly hope so, but on the evidence of the various photos to date and having seen the actual areas in person, albeit from behind the perimeter fence ( :roll: ) I'll be surprised if when completed that fans who intend to use the facilities don't have concerns.

Maybe on the next set of pics, Mike could ask Ian to stand inside the home supporters area intended for the facilities area and take a few shots of Ian to give an indication of the space. Ideally next to what would be the back wall as it would appear that head room is severly restricted in that particular area.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

I certainly hope so, but on the evidence of the various photos to date and having seen the actual areas in person, albeit from behind the perimeter fence ( :roll: ) I'll be surprised if when completed that fans who intend to use the facilities don't have concerns.

Maybe on the next set of pics, Mike could ask Ian to stand inside the home supporters area intended for the facilities area and take a few shots of Ian to give an indication of the space. Ideally next to what would be the back wall as it would appear that head room is severly restricted in that particular area.

Its bigger than it looks when you see that orange JCB machine next to it on picture 18.

From what I have observed , the majority of North Stand inhabitants stay in the stand at half time. Its not likely that if the ground was full that the full 2,300 from the home stand would want to go to the refreshments at the same time.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:22 pm

am still disappointed about the no roof

why cant we afford it all of a sudden after it was originally planned out of a massive 12million in change and our new ground sponsors Globe who are building it do some deal with installment deduction payments off the sponsorship money each year over 5yrs

am sure it will be cheaper doing it now while the building site and manpower is already there

i do hope our Board have something in mind
George Dawes

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 pm

DawZi wrote:am still disappointed about the no roof

why cant we afford it all of a sudden after it was originally planned out of a massive 12million in change and our new ground sponsors Globe who are building it do some deal with installment deduction payments off the sponsorship money each year over 5yrs

am sure it will be cheaper doing it now while the building site and manpower is already there

it will get a roof the club will use community grants to do it, trust in the board they know what they are doing!
thegentlegiant

Postby Curly » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Keith wrote:

FFS Curly, it's in homage to our Wembley strip you fool!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby ezz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:51 pm

DawZi wrote:am still disappointed about the no roof

Will you ever got over that :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 pm

I think some people may be working on a misconception. As I understand it the only people actually standing under the back of the terracing will be the people serving the drinks and food out to the people buying it from the serving hatches.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 pm

shrimper wrote:

I think some people may be working on a misconception. As I understand it the only people actually standing under the back of the terracing will be the people serving the drinks and food out to the people buying it from the serving hatches.

If that is the case then the elevations drawings suggest that the serving hatches are on the exterior wall of the stand which then begs the question as to where the covered area is for fans to enjoy a pint / pie 'n peas out of the elements? Clarification of what the area will be would be most welcome by other SVs I'm sure.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Christies Child wrote: which then begs the question as to where the covered area is for fans to enjoy a pint / pie 'n peas out of the elements?

There isn't one. It will be a "large enclosed concourse" i.e. just an open area behind the stand.
Morecambe Jack

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Which is why I said some time ago that I thought quite a few people might move to the main stand to take advantage of the great new facilities there. Cost a few quid more but people will think it's worth it.

And one of the reasons why I thought the 'chanting' atmosphere in the home end might improve with the move. I reckon that end will become the 'chanting' end - and have better acoustics.

But with some of those who currently go in the north stand moving to the side, there will also be more in the new main stand who are happy chanting and singing, so the atmosphere all round should be better.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 pm

some of these my give people some idea bearing in mind it which be on a much smaller scale. Would also be nice to have a TV in each stand with Sky Sports news on so people can keep up to date with half times and full time scores.
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm thinking the bar might be like the bar down the side at Northwich where you are just round the back of the stand and behind you is open to the elements. .
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 pm

It sounds like the facilities at Burton Albion.

Its ok for food that can be taken back into the stand but on a wet and windy day I can't see many people standing in the open having a pint !
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Neither can I - which is why I think a lot of people will choose to move to the main stand where they can use the facilities there and have a drink in comfort at half time.

And why I think the 'end' will become the place for the fans who want to chant and be among that kind of atmosphere, those who don't want to pay the extra money to go in the main stand and the fans who really prefer standing, or watching the game from behind the goal.
shrimper

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 pm

shrimper wrote:

Well if that is the case it offers very poor facilities for a brand new 12m stadium. Why should people have to move to the main stand to enjoy decent facilities.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Christies Child wrote: which then begs the question as to where the covered area is for fans to enjoy a pint / pie 'n peas out of the elements?

There isn't one. It will be a "large enclosed concourse" i.e. just an open area behind the stand.

Looks as though you are correct.
Christies Child

Postby Car Wash Kev » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Could anyone enlighten fans who want to stand in the open air terrace what facilities will be on offer?
Car Wash Kev

Next

Return to General Discussion