Michael Twiss today

Michael Twiss today

Postby Bare bum » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:25 pm

choose one option

a) prematch Sammy said, "stick on the right for 78 minutes and take it easy, keep it quiet, don't run around; Jevs ain't fully fit and I'll pull him off so you can run like buggery in the middle for 15 minutes"

b) Twissy thought "bloody hell I'm on the left again after all my carping, I'm gonna sulk and be crap till I get back in the middle, maybe Sammy will finally realise I'm not a wide player". Once in the middle he huffed and puffed and ran and thought and passed and found goal positions, but sulking Karma dictated he would not score.

:?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Re: Michael Twiss today

Postby ockers » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 pm

id start him upfront imho
in that sir john norman role
unlucky not to get two goals late on though graham
ockers

Postby Bare bum » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:33 pm

karma.

don't get me wrong though, I love him.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Twiss is still good value even if he isn't as good as he once was. I love watching him play - he is one of the links to our past and it is obvious he is trying so hard during games - so so unlucky today not to score :(
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Michael Twiss is a fans favourite but the link up play with Slow Adams is a joke but dont get me wrong Morecambe deserved the win i thought Barnet's number 7 after coming on in 1st half would do more.

I know as reported on this site people are saying Michael Twiss is linked with a move to Walsall hope this happens because i believe now Morecambe are a well known football league team more player's will want too join.

Twiss did have a good game when he opened up Barnet's defence.
darrenlock

Postby Martin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:19 pm

He's a confidence player. Out wide, he didn't look happy at all. As soon as he was moved to the middle his quality shone through with a superb shot that came off the post and a valiant effort to slide home a cross that hit the same piece of woodwork.

80 minutes of frustration with 10 minutes of magic. It's those 10 minutes that can win the games - it's what Duffy did also today.
Martin

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 am

Michael Twiss's first public words at MFC. Lead singer of Solid Silver on stage at Gala Night "you play on the wing". "I'm a centre forward". Always has been, always will be. Never a winger in the same way Mark Duffy will never be a winger, e.g. bags of skill, pace from dead but no pace over more than three feet and very, very one footed.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:03 am

cracking topic! i cant think of anybody at MFC in a 4 4 2 what can play better on the left wing although Twissy is better in a free role

and Duffy just needs a good run in the first team in league football
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 am

DawZi wrote:cracking topic! i cant think of anybody at MFC in a 4 4 2 what can play better on the left wing although Twissy is better in a free role

and Duffy just needs a good run in the first team in league football

Don't get me wrong I love Twissy too but Neil Wainwright, when fit, is a better option than Twissy on the left. The only way to accomodate Twissy is up front in a 2 or better still in a 4-3-3 playing slightly on the left.

As for Duffs all the good runs in the world won't help him get pace to beat his man. Coming inside he scared them to death yesterday with his quick feet and touch, out wide its wasted more often than not.

Rocky
Wainers - Will - Bents - Loz
Drummy - Manny - Stanners
Jev - Duffs - Twissy

Attack! Attack!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 am

Bare bum wrote:choose one option

a) prematch Sammy said, "stick on the right for 78 minutes and take it easy, keep it quiet, don't run around; Jevs ain't fully fit and I'll pull him off so you can run like buggery in the middle for 15 minutes"

b) Twissy thought "bloody hell I'm on the left again after all my carping, I'm gonna sulk and be crap till I get back in the middle, maybe Sammy will finally realise I'm not a wide player". Once in the middle he huffed and puffed and ran and thought and passed and found goal positions, but sulking Karma dictated he would not score.

:?

Either of the above could be correct but we thought that his ambling around for much of the opening 80 mins may be due to his shorts appearing to be far too tight. I couldn't help thinking that if the club were to invest in a larger pair for him it might free up his movement a bit.

But seriously if he is currently fully fit then we have to face the fact that for what ever reason he is not as speedy and dynamic over a full game as he once was. I think we all agree that he is better up top than out wide and in my opinion in an ideal world he would make a great impact sub to replace say jevons/Mullin for the last 20 when the opposition defenders are tiring.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 am

I agree Twiss is much better when he plays up front
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:29 am

Mark Duffy IMHO is best playing just behind the strikers, receiving the ball and running at centre backs with his quick feet.

He will never be a Thommo surging down the wing and leaving fullbacks for dead.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion