Home atmosphere next season

Home atmosphere next season

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 pm

So, who thinks the atmosphere at the new ground will be better or worse than what we already get at CP? Personally I think it may well suffer as many traditional northstanders may well be migrating to the new main stand.

I would like to be proved wrong though and perhaps if more folk start following us week-in, week-out the atmosphere will in fact get better. I just feel that the North Stand was (and still is) something rather special and tends to cater for at least half the home attendance. On a big match it has proved to be a real advantage and I for one will miss it!
Wild Bill

Re: Home atmosphere next season

Postby shrimper » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm

I think it'll be better because I think the acoustics will be better and that there will be more people in the main stand who will start vocal support.

The new home stand will be a bit more compact and the sound will carry better - the north stand now is great but there are large sections unoccupied so people tend to scatter about more and that makes for slightly less of a 'together' feel which is not the best thing for getting vocal support going.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 pm

I for one would welcome a section in the Main Stand that would be "vocal". At the moment singing/chanting is not a done thing and now that we will be closer together a bit of banter from Main Stand to Home Stand and vice versa would liven up proceedings :D

There are quite a few grounds where their vocal home supporters in their main stands sit in the area level to the penalty area that they are attacking so consequently change areas at half time. This also leads to good banter with the away fans behind the goal.

It has been mentioned before but maybe there should be "zoned" seating for vocal and non vocal, fancy dressers, cross dressers, those who leave early and an area on the roof for the moaners and clowns! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:01 pm

I Think in North stand fans cheer the team maybe first ten minutes then it goes quiet except for the Nott's county game and maybe the game vs Lincoin where everybody was slagging off Rene Howe lol.

I like the new stadium i hope Morecambe keep the same season ticket prices to atract more fans i really want my season ticket and will get it no matter what the price.

the atmosphere will be fantastic come next Augest thinking of buying Morecambe top but there probably changing it for next season.
darrenlock

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:40 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I for one would welcome a section in the Main Stand that would be "vocal". At the moment singing/chanting is not a done thing and now that we will be closer together a bit of banter from Main Stand to Home Stand and vice versa would liven up proceedings :D

There are quite a few grounds where their vocal home supporters in their main stands sit in the area level to the penalty area that they are attacking so consequently change areas at half time. This also leads to good banter with the away fans behind the goal.

It has been mentioned before but maybe there should be "zoned" seating for vocal and non vocal, fancy dressers, cross dressers, those who leave early and an area on the roof for the moaners and clowns! :lol:

Any idea which part is going to be for cross dressers? :lol:

Not for me of course. Just asking on behalf of a friend. Not a very good friend by the way, just someone I sort of vaguely know who may be interested.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Main standers now, on the whole, cast looks of disgust if someone tries to sing in there.

I don't think it'll change, and there'll still be people on here slagging off the kids trying to get behind the players.
"Don't sing other teams songs", "you've got a/the word(s) wrong" etc.

:bigyawn:
Leave it out - let the kids sing, if the kids are united.........
morecambe mick

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Main standers now, on the whole, cast looks of disgust if someone tries to sing in there.

I don't think it'll change, and there'll still be people on here slagging off the kids trying to get behind the players.
"Don't sing other teams songs", "you've got a/the word(s) wrong" etc.

:bigyawn:
Leave it out - let the kids sing, if the kids are united.........

Exactly. I will be very supprised if we get any chanting out of the new main stand next season. I just hope we keep our 800+ hardcore north stand support behind the goal and making some noise. People tend to get involved if others around them are singing but not often when they are stood on their own. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Maybe Christie/Christine the Cat or Westgate the Walrus could drum up some atmosphere 8-)
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:23 pm

The North stand is great when we have a good attendance and more people join in with the singing, unfortunately more often than not its only about a third full, when this is the case then the sound just doesn't carry.

The new home end should be much better, less gaps and a lower roof which should act as a amplifier meaning the sound should travel much further not just out onto the pitch but also sideways along the terrace which should encourage more people to join in.

If the atmosphere is better then there might be more people standing behind the goals not less.
steve mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:53 am

steve mfc wrote:The North stand is great when we have a good attendance and more people join in with the singing, unfortunately more often than not its only about a third full, when this is the case then the sound just doesn't carry.

So how can 40 or 50 Accy fans outsing us? There was only a small clutch of them the other week. We had a good following in the North Stand yet they sounded really loud. In fact they could be heard singing 'There's only one Paul Mullin' when we were getting in our car.

If Mrs Lion goes in the new seated area she will sing. Any new standbys who don't like that will have to get used to it, cos she isn't going to be quiet.

I don't think the new over 55's club will be able to handle Mrs Lion.
Caged Lion

Postby Vinny » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 am

steve mfc wrote:The North stand is great when we have a good attendance and more people join in with the singing, unfortunately more often than not its only about a third full, when this is the case then the sound just doesn't carry.

The new home end should be much better, less gaps and a lower roof which should act as a amplifier meaning the sound should travel much further not just out onto the pitch but also sideways along the terrace which should encourage more people to join in.

If the atmosphere is better then there might be more people standing behind the goals not less.

May be the club should put in a few microphones to the PA :roll:
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby DTSJim » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:54 am

We could do what they do on the continent and have four or five people facing into the stands leading the chanting. Not very English but those grounds always have good atmospheres.
DTSJim

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 pm

marky No.1 wrote:It has been mentioned before but maybe there should be "zoned" seating for... cross dressers

marky No.1 wrote:Christie/Christine the Cat...

Are you suggesting a section for cross-dressing cat-mascots now? That really is pandering to minorities a little too far!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 am

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:It has been mentioned before but maybe there should be "zoned" seating for... cross dressers

marky No.1 wrote:Christie/Christine the Cat...

Are you suggesting a section for cross-dressing cat-mascots now? That really is pandering to minorities a little too far!

The more minority groups we can get together the better it's just that they don't always get on with each other :lol: Anything to improve bums on seats at the moment me thinks :roll:

Are you a man or a mouse? :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdWEUtCGru4

All we need is the whole North Stand singing like that ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 am

Crooky MFC wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdWEUtCGru4

All we need is the whole North Stand singing like that ;)

didn't put the hairs up on my neck... more like full body tingle watching that, bringing back the memories!!! Thank you.

:D
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion