GAME POSTPONED

GAME POSTPONED

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Morecambe v Burton this saturday has been postponed. Announced on Sky Sports News
Crooky MFC

Re: GAME POSTPONED

Postby ockers » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 pm

news on official site now
www.morecambefc.com
game postponed due to unplayable pitch
ockers

Re: GAME POSTPONED???????

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:55 pm

Oh well hey Lads . At least it'll give the lads a chance too get there fitness up and practice their set_pieces.And weve got2 Games to be replayed so that may give us the chance to get into them PlayOff places
northstandshrimp2009

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:28 pm

I think for us, this run of bad weather is just at the right time. Gives us a breathing space to get players fully fit who may otherwise have been patched up and sent out due to a lack of cover. We've still got a couple of suspensions but with fully fit cover, that's not a problem. And everyone else is having games off too, so others will have an even worse fixture back-log.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:37 pm

why is it off lol - this game as been off since monday at least
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Posh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Keith wrote:I think for us, this run of bad weather is just at the right time. Gives us a breathing space to get players fully fit who may otherwise have been patched up and sent out due to a lack of cover. We've still got a couple of suspensions but with fully fit cover, that's not a problem. And everyone else is having games off too, so others will have an even worse fixture back-log.

The only problem is that those players looking to get fit and those that are have nowhere to train and practice. The only work is being done in the gym at present. It must be very frustrating for the players.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Frobi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Damn I'm pretty gutted it's off!

It's my birthday on Saturday and couldn't think of anything better than watching Morecambe get one over Burton for a birthday present! Oh well :(
Frobi

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:23 pm

It has been coming all week not supprised at all
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Its only a football match for god sake !!!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Its only a football match

you'll make someone a lovely wife! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

The thing is that it is more than just a football match. I look forward to it. It is two hours of pure escapism where you can blot out the working week, all your worries and fears and just concentrate on the passion.

If was just a football match, I wouldnt bother going.
Mark S

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm

I look forward to it. It is two hours of pure escapism where you can blot out the working week, all your worries and fears and just concentrate on the passion.

I couldn't agree more with Mark S i am gutted another game is now off not had my fix since Boxing day and that seems ages ago. Its not just about the game its the whole match day experience from waking up looking forward to the trip up meeting up with friends, pre match pint, pie all in and then the main event the match itself followed by a visit to my favorite pizza takeaway in Preston on the way home. Got to keep the wife happy as well. ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby drinkduffbeers » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:I look forward to it. It is two hours of pure escapism where you can blot out the working week, all your worries and fears and just concentrate on the passion.

I couldn't agree more with Mark S i am gutted another game is now off not had my fix since Boxing day and that seems ages ago. Its not just about the game its the whole match day experience from waking up looking forward to the trip up meeting up with friends, pre match pint, pie all in and then the main event the match itself followed by a visit to my favorite pizza takeaway in Preston on the way home. Got to keep the wife happy as well. ;)

Go on then spill the beans
I've lived in Preston for 5 years and have yet to discover a decent Pizza place. If only Gizmo's would open around here
drinkduffbeers

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Its.................... Figaros on Gammull Lane just off junc 31a m6 it pretty good and is still warm by the time i have rejoined the motorway and got home give it a whirl :)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:01 pm

gizmos cannot compete, compared to pizzatime

just like potts pies are dwarfed by susans pies :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Gizmos is not that great to be honest
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 am

Pizza time, any time. The daddy of takeaway Pizza despite possibly having an over-floured base.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Faradays the old bakers at Heysham they now do 24inch American Style PIZZA for £10 like the size of a dustbin lid!!
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:57 pm

all games in our division and most others and now oof only 6 FL mathes left 3 prem mathes gome as well and with games on TV it means only 8 3PM kick offs this weekend
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:all games in our division and most others and now oof only 6 FL mathes left 3 prem mathes gome as well and with games on TV it means only 8 3PM kick offs this weekend

will the pools panel have to sit?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby USA Shrimp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

DawZi wrote:Faradays the old bakers at Heysham they now do 24inch American Style PIZZA for £10 like the size of a dustbin lid!!

That would be a small, then :P
USA Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Has there every been a Saturday during the season where a full program of fixtures have been called off?
heysham_mfc

Postby drinkduffbeers » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Gizmos is not that great to be honest

Wow gutted . I collected a pizza from Gizmos last night after the game .Looking forward to it all the way home. They always used the best pepperoni ever now it's just cheap fatty crap. Really dissapointed the legendary Picante is no more. Another happy memory gone along with Roosters rib burger and those late night onion rings served from that hatch outside Oasis amusements :cry: :cry:
drinkduffbeers

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:40 am

drinkduffbeers wrote:

Wow gutted . I collected a pizza from Gizmos last night after the game .Looking forward to it all the way home. They always used the best pepperoni ever now it's just cheap fatty crap. Really dissapointed the legendary Picante is no more. Another happy memory gone along with Roosters rib burger and those late night onion rings served from that hatch outside Oasis amusements :cry: :cry:

it's nothing like what it used to be
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:29 pm

drinkduffbeers wrote:

The original Dino's Burgers at the Arndale centre, perfect after a skinfull... mmm... I had to work hard to get a body like mine you know :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion