Gold Bond

Gold Bond

Postby feelingguilty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 am

Does anybody know how this works and how much the club gets from each £1 spent.

The reason I ask I have decided I am going to do more to help the club - living c100miles away it is not a simple case of attend more games as this is not always possible, but will do this as well.

Therefore I have come up with two ideas:
One - buy a season ticket knowing that it is not value for money as I cant attend enough games
Two - attend games as present and pay on door as normal and contribute £3 per week to gold bond.

The cost of each option is broadly the same so from that perspective I am not bothered. Cearly option two is better for me (as I have a chance of winning something). Option one is better for the club.

What I am trying to understand before I make a decision is financially how much worse is option two for the club?

Can anybody help or have alternative idea?
feelingguilty

Re: Gold Bond

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I think it's 50p of your £1 goes to the football club and if you live outside of Morecambe you can set this up direct debit.

If you want more information or to set it up you are best contacting the club and asking for David Hoye the new Lottery Manager.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby maccawozzagod » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:43 pm

is your Gold Bond the same one as operated by Blackpool that other clubs as part of (Preston most notably)?

if it is then it depends how much they make out of it. The % is tiered. If they take around £2000 per week then the % goes up to around 65%. If the club registers as the agent as well then they potentially take that figure up to nearer 80%. A supporters group at Stanley looked at doing this for the club as our major 'help' to them and they were the figures we were given at the time. Not exact, but there or thereabouts.
maccawozzagod

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm

I think it is the same as the Blackpool one.

Last accounts for the club I saw I think MFC made around £100,000 from Gold Bond so a real earner.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 am

I subscribe £2.00 per week via direct debit. My mother subscribes via door to door collection. We both see it as more of a donation to help the club but we've also received a few small cash prizes (actually received a cheque for a tenner this morning). Theres also the chance you can win a decent cash prize so it's worthwhile to help the club with a small chance that you could get really lucky.

I think there was a link on the clubs main board at the time I joined and it was simple to do. With the figures mentioned previously it's obviously more than useful to assist the clubs income. If you can afford £2.00 per week it's worth doing!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 am

Re the last the link is still on the official site under commercial/gold bond. Simples.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Player » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm

I've subscribed for a good few years now. My dad pays it to the man who comes to collect come rain hail or shine.

I won £5 a few weeks ago but haven't cashed the cheque yet!
Morecambe Player

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm now getting a job delivering these around the Torrisholme & Bare area, need any info pm me.
Crooky MFC

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:46 am

Morecambe Player wrote:I've subscribed for a good few years now. My dad pays it to the man who comes to collect come rain hail or shine.

I won £5 a few weeks ago but haven't cashed the cheque yet!

Can't wait to ice skate my way round my round tonight should be great fun.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion