S.F.A. Wants January/February Break

S.F.A. Wants January/February Break

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:40 pm

The Scottish women already have a March to November season and the S.F.A. are hoping the men will go the same way. Many people on here have said why can't we play games in better weather. It may work in Scotland but how would it effect Champions League and the World Cup south of the border.

Maybe it would be an idea for Leagues 1 & 2, or maybe we would still get drowned on a Tuesday night in June anyway :lol: Would it push the crowds up or down? Any thoughts?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/s ... -21866545/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: S.F.A. Wants January/February Break

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:44 pm

I would prefer to leave the season as it is but with more midweek league games in September/October rather than late November/December.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Definitely NOT an option! :shock:

it would then directly clash with the Rugby league season and I'd never get to see the warriors! :x
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:03 am

Would be OK for the Scots as they wouldnt have to worry about clashing with major tournaments in the Summer. :lol:
Mark S

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 am

I agree with a reduction of the mid-week winter matches, but other than that the idea of a winter break sounds daft. The festive fixtures always generate high crowds and interest. Forget about what the FA's want, and even the players. What the paying public want? Games during public holidays mean that more people are off work to actually go to the games. In this country it is a bit of a tradition to go to the football on boxing day etc. Why change something that has worked so well for years?
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:39 am

agreed, it's what winter is about, wrapping up warm and watching football! I've commented each year about the stupidity of midweek games in December but not in September when pitches are better and night are lighter.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion