Exodus Geohaghon - one we missed out on

Exodus Geohaghon - one we missed out on

Postby Posh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Apologies for a bit of ner-ner-ne-ner (there's probably a better term for it but it'll do).

Really pleased to see Exodus Geohaghon has joined Peterborough United and, by all accounts, had a solid debut in the Championship.

He played against us twice, firstly at Christie Park for Sutton Coldfield Town, I think in the FA Cup, and then away at Bromsgrove Rovers, again in the cup. Quality in both games.

He is probably one of half a dozen players I've seen at a lower level than us, i.e. in league position or a lower league over the last decade where not only have I gone 'wow - he'll go far' but also everyone I go to matches with - Shrimper, Freez, Downsy, Matty etc.

However, for me he's the only player I ever really stuck my neck out about when talking to Jim Harvey about and I know I wasn't the only one. I'd said about a couple of players but only in passing. However with Exodus it was after the second game with Bromsgrove and plenty of reports in between that I went up to him and said we really should sign him (rather than the 'what did you think of' after the Sutton Coldfield game). However he basically said he didn't rate him, although we did need a centre back.

Quality player who has also added a huge long throw to his armoury.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Exodus Geohaghon - one we missed out on

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Indeed.
Remember him for Kettering at Giant Axe.
Awesome, love to watch him every week.
Plain Peter

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Wasn't it Joe Wzoch (sorry can't spell his name but you oldies will know who I mean) who said that a certain player called Jamie Ayres would never make it and was released by ourselves to go onto play for 'pool, PNE and Burnley.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:Wasn't it Joe Wzoch (sorry can't spell his name but you oldies will know who I mean) who said that a certain player called Jamie Ayres would never make it and was released by ourselves to go onto play for 'pool, PNE and Burnley.

Wasn't he David Eyres cousin? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Keith wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Wasn't it Joe Wzoch (sorry can't spell his name but you oldies will know who I mean) who said that a certain player called Jamie Ayres would never make it and was released by ourselves to go onto play for 'pool, PNE and Burnley.

Wasn't he David Eyres cousin? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

...well at least one of us knew who I was on about!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion