Port Vale on the Train

Port Vale on the Train

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:22 pm

This was looking a possibility with an hour trip to Crewe then 25 minutes or so to Stoke on Trent.

However, as it is December and no doubt some Xmas shoppers about, there apparently are'nt any cheap tickets like there were for the Crewe trip. £37 for an off peak return and you don't save anything for singles. Even getting to Crewe and back is now £33 instead of the bargain £11 last month :(

Back to the highway route by the looks of it 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Port Vale on the Train

Postby Sam » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:33 pm

I found Lancaster to Manchester Piccadilly £12 return and then Piccadilly to Stoke return £8.
Sam

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Sam wrote:I found Lancaster to Manchester Piccadilly £12 return and then Piccadilly to Stoke return £8.

Thanks for that Sam, we did a similar route when we went to Bury ~ well half of it anyway! :lol:

So that would be the 9.26 from Lancaster to M'cr. Then the 10.35 to Stoke arriving at 11.12 in good time to survey the local area, get to Vale Park, escape with the 3 points as it goes dark to hop on the 18.18 back to Piccadilly and then Bob's ya Uncle a return train to Lancaster every 30 minutes to choose from till the 22.15 :D

What a crap day in store :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby John L » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Half hour walk from Longport station, which is served by hourly trains between Crewe and Stoke. Hopefully it'll be dry this year!!!
John L

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:50 am

I will be in a little town called Evesham that weekend and I thought it would be cheap from there, the cheapest ticket I found was nearly £50.

I love watching my team but I cannot afford to pay approx £100 for a day out watching my team it appears that National Rail love screwing the customers over, oh and thats with 33% off the normal price.

1 word = Rediculas

Oh well back to the drawing board looks like morecambe world commentary!!! GUTTED :)
thegentlegiant

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:58 am

thegentlegiant wrote:I will be in a little town called Evesham

you could go and watch Evesham and contemplate the irony each time the train goes down the touchline! How many years ago did we play there? Looked like a nice place.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion