O/T Robert Enke

O/T Robert Enke

Postby lancaster shrimp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Just seen on ssn that the german keeper has been killed after been run over by a train

thoughts are with his family
lancaster shrimp

Re: O/T Robert Enke

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 pm

A very good post,you have highlighted an awfull tragedy which we can all feel empathy about, but more importantly, it points out that its a short life, i would rather talk anywhere, even on here , before taking roberts choice, i think treating the board as, sometimes, a way of letting off steam, asking for help, or getting rid of your big old telly, the board is bigger than just discussing mfc, and as keef, says if it was just about mfc , there would not be alot on it!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Curly » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:56 pm

His 3yr old daughter died 2 years ago and he never got over her death. :(
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 am

Very sad I saw him play last year for Hannover 96 he didn't have much to do that day as theywon 5v0.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Pandashrimp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:42 pm

I am living in Germany for a year and as you can imagne it is everywhere here. He'd been absent from first team footy for a while whilst the club doctors "treated" him for his depression. Cant imagne how they are feeling either atm. It just shows you never know what people are capable of, or what they are really thinking. On one hand he was clearly very depressed and unhappy, on another from what i have read he seems a very popular individual. Obviously the death of his daughter was terrible and although nobody would ever truely get over that, it seemend like he was moving on, however he now leaves behind and single mother and newly adopted child.

Professionally also he was at the top of his game, hard working, tributes from ex players including Nuno Gomes from his time in Portugal and was putting a good case forward for the german number 1 shirt.. Bundesliga keeper of the season last year.
Talk of Germany friendly being cancelled this saturday..don't know if there has been anything announced yet.
Pandashrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:48 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:Talk of Germany friendly being cancelled this saturday..don't know if there has been anything announced yet.

Cancelled earlier today...

Times on-line wrote:The suicide has stunned Germany and triggered a debate about the concealment of mental illlness in high-profile competitive sport. A friendly game against Chile on Saturday has been cancelled as a mark of respect
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion