O/T Focus at the Dome CANCELLED

O/T Focus at the Dome CANCELLED

Postby NeilG » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Just heard from Focus that their concert with Wishbone Ash and the Strawbs at the Dome has been cancelled. Apologies to any of you who bought tickets, I presume full refunds will be given. Just for the record the bands would have had to travel to Morecambe from Epsom (267 miles) Who books dates in the UK with this kind of distance between concerts ? agents/managers/promoters = muppets
NeilG

Re: O/T Focus at the Dome CANCELLED

Postby bill ding » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Sorry to hear the concert has been cancelled , especially sorry for you neil knowing your life long love of music. was going myself but will sadly be away .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi Neil

Did you see my PM about the FD gig by the way ? Not sure I hit send ...

Some good comments by the great man on his website newspage about the Kendal crowd ...

:o :o :o :!:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby skyecat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm

NeilG wrote:agents/managers/promoters = muppets

lol! - if only you knew how hard it is sometimes to put a logical tour together!!
My wife and I work with Welsh singer songwriter; Martyn Joseph and book his tours. My god, it`s difficult sometimes to make them work in a sensible order!!
www.martynjoseph.com

An analogy we use is that it`s like putting a jigsaw together and when you`re not looking, someone comes in (venues, promoters) and moves the pieces around and you`ve got to make sense of it all over again.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby NeilG » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 pm

skyecat wrote:
NeilG wrote:agents/managers/promoters = muppets

lol! - if only you knew how hard it is sometimes to put a logical tour together!!

Apologies, I don't usually generalize, just disappointed at another concert cancelled. I know it's tough to put a tour together but if you knew how many times these bands have been up and down this country in the last month you might understand my frustration. They're not young men anymore nor do they have the luxury of loads of roadies and drivers. Whoever thought it was feasible to schedule a 300 mile journey between gigs really does deserve the muppet tag however hard their job is, it's either just greed or stupidity but more likely both :D
NeilG

Postby NeilG » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Hi Neil

Did you see my PM about the FD gig by the way ? Not sure I hit send ...

Some good comments by the great man on his website newspage about the Kendal crowd ...

:o :o :o :!:

Sorry no PM received, I went to the gig and also seen the comments on FD's website, he he !
I love the mans honesty, I thought the crowd were very disrespectful too and spoiled it for those who were enjoying it.
Never mind eh ! Onwards and upwards :D
NeilG

Postby NeilG » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 pm

bill ding wrote:Sorry to hear the concert has been cancelled , especially sorry for you neil knowing your life long love of music. was going myself but will sadly be away .

Thanks for that, nice of you to say. I've seen Focus many times. They played a stormer at the Platform earlier in the year and I just would have liked to have seen them in the Dome before the inevitable closure. I also had permission to multitrack the concert from the front of house console for helping with their dvd so it's a double whammy :D
NeilG

Postby skyecat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 am

NeilG wrote:Apologies, I don't usually generalize, just disappointed at another concert cancelled.

No worries, no offense taken! - I know how you feel - we used to plan holidays around Runrig`s tour dates and often wondered "who the hell put this tour together", but now we`re on the other side of the fence and realise what would have happened in those odd instances of stupid mileages between gigs!
I must admit, I`ve never seen Focus, but have seen the strawbs though.

So what other music do you go and see?
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Return to General Discussion