Credit to the manager

Credit to the manager

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:03 pm

Well done Sammy, you put the right team out in the right formation and somehow you got the team to keep going for 90 minutes like you promised.

People criticise him for having favourites and being too stubborn but he changed it around and got it right today. Sammy and the lads have always come through when it comes to the crunch.
james456

Re: Credit to the manager

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:08 pm

A really funny moment on our bench in the first half.

After we scored our first Mark was telling the players to keep the tempo going...whilst Sammy was telling them to calm down.

One or two looked puzzled as if asking the question 'what the **ck are we supposed to do'...
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:28 pm

Couldn't be happier for Sammy and the boys tonight - this result is well deserved and well overdue.

To further my delight I became a dad for the first time today and this is one halloween I will remember forever! I look forward to taking my little shrimp to Christie Park on May 8th safe in the knowledge we will enter a new era as an established league 2 club ;)

keep the faith - up the Shirmps!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:A really funny moment on our bench in the first half.

After we scored our first Mark was telling the players to keep the tempo going...whilst Sammy was telling them to calm down.

One or two looked puzzled as if asking the question 'what the **ck are we supposed to do'...

neil thats how it might seem but its your opinion
leave th emanagement and coaching to the guys who know what theyre doing
stop putting negative crap on here why are you doing it??
the lads knew what they were doing why post and try and make something out of nothing???
the management know what theyre doing
we played superbly well
subs in last part of second half inspired and shoed faith in th eengine room and defence the strikers played fantastically well all game
the formation is what weve been playing for a year and it works
we had players who fought for every cause and wanted to to win this so bad for themselves the fans and the management
its all about being in this together sometimes some people on here need to remember that

up the shrimps??
ockers

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Glad to have a 4 point gap now, glad to have a win, glad that some pressure has been relieved and glad we still have 2 influencial players to come back.
Well done Sammy and the lads, enjoy the win tonight and be prepared for Simon to walk out of x-factor when the twins go through again. :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:35 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Couldn't be happier for Sammy and the boys tonight - this result is well deserved and well overdue.

To further my delight I became a dad for the first time today and this is one halloween I will remember forever! I look forward to taking my little shrimp to Christie Park on May 8th safe in the knowledge we will enter a new era as an established league 2 club ;)

fantastic news
if you want to send some stuff through
seanoconnor@morecambefc.com
would make a nice little story
and congratulations to you both!!!!
ockers

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:44 pm

I would be humbled to have my girl mentioned at that game - what a fantastic way for me to remember Christie Park and for her to remember her first game!

Top man! :D
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:09 pm

Craig Stanley made a huge difference on his return to the team as did Neil Wainwright.

The Stanners/Drummy midfield axis was superb today and a word of praise for Andy Parrish who once again looked good in defence and a long term replacement for Adams or Jimbo.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:11 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Couldn't be happier for Sammy and the boys tonight - this result is well deserved and well overdue.

Congrats to you and your other half! :D
Mark S

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:03 pm

ockers wrote:

the lads knew what they were doing why post and try and make something out of nothing???
we played superbly well
subs in last part of second half inspired and shoed faith in th eengine room and defence the strikers played fantastically well all game
we had players who fought for every cause and wanted to to win this so bad for themselves the fans and the management
its all about being in this together sometimes some people on here need to remember that

up the shrimps??

Perhaps you shoul read CC's post again and ask if you've perhaps over reacted to what he saw as a humourous moment in the game.
Martin

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Hmmm

The thing is, with respect to CC he said the same thing after last weeks match. Maybe he is non to subtley trying to make some kind of point? :o
Mark S

Postby marky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:46 pm

That the management duo are both passionate and they, rather like the rest of us, don't always agree with each other? :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Splodge » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 pm

I wouldn't have said the two statements contradict each other - keeping calm doesn't mean you can't keep the tempo up; it is more to do with not making rash tackles or quick clearances that don't achieve anything; and I think today proved that. We pressured Lincoln almost all the match (keeping the tempo up); and yet with a few exceptions, were generally calm on the ball, and didn't need to resort to hoofing it up field simply to give the defenders a chance to catch their breath (we kept calm).
Splodge

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:57 pm

We played it on the deck today, and thats when we are most dangerous. Please Sammy, let's have the same every week! lol
Crooky MFC

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:56 pm

maybe they were zonal coaching :?:

adressing players on different areas on the pitch for anyone who does not understand the term :?:

I noticed a few older fans that post on here all the time, leaving ten minutes early today looking jacked off that we were winning :lol: :lol:

does anyone on here have a big old telly i can borrow for christmas :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:32 pm

noticed a few older fans that post on here all the time, leaving ten minutes early today looking jacked off that we were winning

Maybe it takes them 10 mins longer to get to the bus stop or toilet. :lol:
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:55 pm

ockers wrote:

we played superbly well
subs in last part of second half inspired and shoed :?: faith in th eengine room and defence the strikers played fantastically well all game

up the shrimps??

Oh how times have changed...... I and others remember the days when you posted plenty of negative crap as you call it.

Maybe it's the role you've taken on that makes you feel that you have to be so protective.
Some of us prefer to say it as we see it.

I'm certainly not going to change. :lol:

And for what it's worth I'm not being negative as the phrase 'funny moment' proves!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Star08 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Congratulations!
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Return to General Discussion