o/t Goodmans HD Freesat box

o/t Goodmans HD Freesat box

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Having had it for ages without any problems, last night, without so much as a 'by-your-leave' it decided to up-grade its firmware. Being of the 'if it ain't fixed, don't break it' mind, I wouldn't have bothered if it asked permission.

Trouble is, now it IS broke!

It keeps resetting itself, locking up, powering down and losing sound (like now). HD picture either doesn't come on at all or 'stutters' and pixilates every twenty seconds or so. I've unplugged the chuffin' thing five times during the first half and missed Crouch scoring because of it.

Anyone else got one and having problems? Do you think Goodmans owe me a repair/new one?

Incidentally, if you HAVE got one and yours didn't auto-update, don't manually do it (unless you just want to see if yours breaks too?)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: o/t Goodmans HD Freesat box

Postby Mark S » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:55 pm

You need one of them Sky dishes Keith ;)
Mark S

Re: o/t Goodmans HD Freesat box

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:38 am

Mark S wrote:You need one of them Sky dishes Keith ;)

Nah, I'd rather stick £50 a month towards a holiday!

It turns out this is a wide spread problem, Goodmans have broken hundreds of boxes :evil: Not that they are replying to e-mails. Goodmans/Alba are shooting themselves in the foot at the moment.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion