O/T Smallworld Cable - Help Please!

O/T Smallworld Cable - Help Please!

Postby The Bay » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:17 am

Hi guys...

I need some help with my telly! At my house, I can't get Sky (due to a massive tree in the way of the signal), Virgin isn't on my road either. I was having BT Vision but have now been told 'limitations on my line' mean I can't anymore.

I've had a letter from Smallworld Cable who reckon they can provide me with anything I want. I've already got phone, and b/band, but this could be my only way to non-freeview channels, Sky Sports etc.

Has anyone had dealings with this company etc?

Many thanks!!

Dave.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: O/T Smallworld Cable - Help Please!

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:28 am

Just a question, but is it Sky's version of events that there's a tree in the way? Sky's installers are pathetic IMO - if you really do want Sky, try giving someone like aerial aid a ring, who would actually be willing to go on your roof and put the dish there is there is a signal from there.
campdave

Postby Gnasher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:37 am

Omne (who caused chaos digging up all our streets) then changed to Wight Cable and now called SmallWorld. I know two people that use them and they've nothing bad to say about their service, there's only a few negative comments I can find online either and they are about forthcoming technology rather than crap service. They will probably try to sell you the complete package, if you're beyond the minimum term for your other contracts it could be worthwhile.

If you are desperate for $ky, ask an independent $ky installer whether you can get a signal. Or just hang around the secure lockers at Christie Park where the local $ky engineers pick up their kit for the day and have a word with them.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby The Bay » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:47 am

The 'special heights team' came out of even on a big pole on my chimney it was a no go, I'm happy they did all they could, especially as all my neighbours have the same issue. And it IS a huge tree 20 foot from my front door in direct line that the dish points.

Sounds like they could be a goer... many thanks for advice!

Right, now off to Christie.....
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby eggchaser » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Cut down the bugger!! Problem solved :D
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:44 pm

long bit of co-ax and stick the dish in the tree?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Hang on a minute, what's wrong with a simple freeview box? Or get a freeeview PVR .... don't worry Keith, I won't go any further :lol: :lol: :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Ask someone with a Volvo to 'accidently' crash into the tree, only one winner against a Volvo !
Weetabix Kid

Return to General Discussion