Stuart Attwell

Stuart Attwell

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:16 pm

premier leauge ref but no wonder they droped him down to leauge 2 he had an awful game tonight
heysham_mfc

Re: Stuart Attwell

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Generally they get dropped for making a decision they shouldn't, so when they are down here they basically give absolutely nothing so they can get back up there as quick as possible.
Media and fans have got them too scared to make proper decisions these days
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 pm

ezz wrote:Generally they get dropped for making a decision they shouldn't, so when they are down here they basically give absolutely nothing so they can get back up there as quick as possible.

Sounds like he gave an interesting red card?

On balance, I'd rather he gave their lad a yellow and then given us the penalty a minute later! (based on commentary rather than actually being at the game of course!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Abbo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 pm

I will guarantee if he hadnt sent there guy off he would have awarded us that definate penalty 2 mins later, he bottled it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Its so easy saying things like that, I've reffed a few 5 a side game and even though I'm not even close to being close to a pro ref, but you do tend to feel like you should even things up. They're trained not to but it's human error.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Abbo wrote:I will guarantee if he hadnt sent there guy off he would have awarded us that definate penalty 2 mins later, he bottled it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes if Bradford had 11 players on the pitch it would have been a pen he was evening out the game
heysham_mfc

Postby JamesGlen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Attwell

Have a look at his "Controversies" section, the Bobby Robson one is a disgrace!!!!!
JamesGlen

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Shit league

Shit ref

Referees have a shit job, the football league, every now and then, chuck money , trying to get ex players to get involved, the officials at matches do their best, but at the end of the day, they are viewed as special constables , or traffic wardens, the ref on tuesday made one oe two mistakes, but the game had draw written all over it, however entertaining,any dad who s kid plays on sunday knows they may be called upon at any given moment they may be called upon to haul their unheathy carcass up and down all afternoon and make unbiased shouts, I think a point each was fair enough last night
PUNKISDEAD

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 pm

He's a child. Stick him in non-league until he has more experience.
durhamshrimp

Postby BLS BOY » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm

I have the upmost respect and sympathy for this guy.

I started reffing at 12, YES 12!

I progressed to the West Lancs at 15 and covered the majority of the local area, granted with local referees who could drive obviously!

I stayed on the West Lancs until i was 18 before certain games forced me to have a re-think because of my age and genuine experience.

Also other more "senior" members of societies thought it was a better idea to learn more about the game before jumping into the world of officiating non-league football.

I don't regret hanging up the whistle, but at the end of the day, Attwell is there on merit, and merit alone.

Put it this way, would you like to do it!??
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Return to General Discussion