Mark Halsey

Mark Halsey

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Very sad news - just seen granada news that he as been diagnosed with cancer - in my opinion one of best refs in this country not just at top level but also when he as reffed at league two level - i for one hope he comes through this horrible disease ..... All the best mark
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Mark Halsey

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:28 pm

yeah good luck not a fan of most refs but he has to be one of the best in the game
heysham_mfc

Postby Arnside Red » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 pm

he's one of the most professional refs around, seen him mat Morecambe and barnsley, he enjoys a bit of banter with the fans and even if descisions dont go your way you somehow dont think he's being biased, hope he beats this awful illness
Arnside Red

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:26 pm

truly dreadful time for mark as his wife is also diagnosed wth leukemia
lets hope mark and his wife can battle through
ockers

Postby BLS BOY » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:45 am

Thats really sad news.

My memories of Halsey stretch further than most.

He was the ref when City beat Gillingham @ Wembley in the play off final of 99 (you remember, the one where Dickov equalised after being 2-0 down going into injury time!)

He was loved by City fans and still gets a cheer when its announced he is reffing home games.

He came to JB's bar soon after the p.o final to discuss his career and the game in general.

Despite being from the south (QPR fan), he resides in Bolton and i for one wish him all the very best in his battle.

Good luck.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Awful, I think anyone dealing with this disease has a mountain to climb, but twice over with a young child to think about is horrible,I think his family will be in all our thoughts and it makes me proud that lots of our fans on, and off, this board have tried to help by doing, or giving :cry:
PUNKISDEAD

Return to General Discussion