Last season - this season

Last season - this season

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Not much difference between starts to season .... Last season played 7 won 1 drew 3 lost 3 for 7 against 10 points 6/21 this season played 7 won 0 drew 5 lost 2 for 10 against 15 points 5/21
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Last season - this season

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:23 am

I think that is what is worrying people! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We can't expect automatic promotion form after Christmas again, that was extra special last season and we've actually picked up less points with what appears to be a stronger squad...

but...

we made the top of the league team look poor on Saturday. 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation that worked so well last season made us look more secure again. Garry Hunter may have found a role that he can make his own, I certainly hope so, I thought he played very well. And once again, with a little luck we could have won, Jimbo just needed to get a little more on his flick and a definite penalty should have been given to us. A couple more tough games coming up but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win one of them, hopefully next Saturday, in front of a bumper crowd.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:42 am

I think we should start the Hunter for England right back campaign :lol: far better than GJ.

He looked the nearest thing to Adam Yates trying to get up the wing when possible but also staying in position which meant the 3 CB's could just sit where they were supposed to and we kept in good shape.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:16 am

I only know Gaz from my trips to the training ground when we've exchaged the usual 'all right Gaz?' and he seems to be a slightly reserved type....off the field.

But put him in the red shirt and he appears to grow in stature. Maybe by playing him in the right wing back position, Gaz will be able to command a regular berth. He gives me the impression of 'just wanting to play...no matter where'.

An extended run in that position must be on the cards. Surely?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion