Re: Rotherham line up

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:07 am

I'd be surprised if it's not

Roche

Moss Artell Bentley Adams

Hunter Panther Wilson

Craney

Mullin Jevons

I could also make a case for Stanley on the right of midfield and Jimbo will have to be considered fully match fit or, as you stay, Henry may get the nod with Jimbo given a couple of Ressie games to get back up to speed.

I think Drummy, who I thought had a very good game at Chesterfield, lost a bit of heart in the second half on Friday and, with Sammy making pre-match noises about Gary Hunter, that may have been a signal that any hint of underperforming from Drummy could cost him his place.

If we do start with something like that then I would seriously think about bringing Duffy on for Craney - whatever is happening in the match - after about 65 minutes. Give him a free role behind a front two.

Craney has been excellent (really, really good, running the game) for the first hour but then seems to lose energy and become anonymous.

Twissy for Jevons at some point before the last 15 minutes as well. Plan for that before the game, would be my plan.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Rotherham line up

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:42 am

I'm of the opinion that the defence is in need of urgent surgery and therefore certain of the regulars to date should be looking over their shoulders and asking themselves 'do I really warrant a place on my perfomances to date'.

I can't understand how Henry has gone from being an almost 'ever present' to now being ignored. I also can't justify keeping Moss in the side as his performances to date have not lived up to pre-season expectations. Arts has never been the best distributor of the ball and unfortunately the lack of a proper pre-season is affecting Jimbo. What The Iron Man looses in speed he makes up for in positional awareness and reading the game.

So my new defensive line up would be: McStay Jimbo (for his leadership qualities) Drummond Adams

My inclusion of Drummy to partner Jimbo is based on my preference for a footballing centre half who can distribute to the midfield / forwards accurately something that our current defence falls far short of.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion