millwall fans......(to keep the hoolie thread clear)

millwall fans......(to keep the hoolie thread clear)

Postby lancasterlivi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 pm

i once had an "interesting" morning with about 50 of millwalls travelling troup.
at the dolly blue tavern of all places !
i was setting up a b/day party for my daughter in the smaller bar (rhs as you enter) . it was a sat morn and city were away at blyth sp. i'd been about an hour sticking ballooons and banners up, and tbh, was gettin a tad thirsty. it was about 12 ish, and the party guests were not due till 1.30 so i'd finished in bags of time for a few cheeky ones...

as i tidied up i could hear the rumble of "folk" coming through from the other bar. as i entered i was stunned to see the place heaving! must of been about 50 folk in there. 12.15 on a sat with no match on....i was very puzzled. i looked at HUGHIE the steward at the time, ordered a pint and an explanation."who are this lot?" i queeried.

through pursed lips in an almost in audible voice he muttered.."millwall fans,..playing preston...cops would not let them off....too early...sent them up to lancaster...someone at the station said they would get a pint here!"
honestly i swear his lips did not move..lol. a candidate for britains got talent if ever there was one!
all of a sudden, a certain chill went down my spine too, as i imagined 50 little cherubs along with mummy and daddy turning up to the party to be confronted by this lot!! the daughter would never be allowed to mix with their kids again!!

i noticed no "colours" were worn, and there were a few females in the crew, also...the ONLY markings i saw on any of them was a small st george badge on the shirts/jackets. shit! i thought....these are the "boys"!!

as i skulked at the bar with hughie...this bloke came over to me.( i was wearing a st helens rl top)..."who's that? he said as he pointed to the shirt. "oh, st helens rugby league" i replied, "it's like your london bronco's". "oh, your alright then" he replied,.then wandered off.
CHRIST! i'm glad i was not wearing my rovers shirt !!!

i was just beginning to panic cos it was now 1.15 , when, they all stood up and made their way to the door.
now this next bit was sort of wierd .but brilliant in a strange way...the leader thanked hughie for the hospitality, then ,raised an arm and shaped his hand into a "claw-like" shape. he made two "scratching/gouging" motions from above his head down to his mid-riff. this was then copied by ALL the others in the gang, accompanied by a "grrrrrrr" "grrrrr" chant.(for want of a better description).then, off they went , back to catch a train down for the match.

only 5 minutes later the first parents and kids arrived, one dad who i knew actually said "theres a stag party or something up the road...loads of 'em with bottles of beer in their hands". i told him the truth a liitle later when i'd calmed down a bit lol!

so there you are...my little tale of a chance meeting with millwall BUT, what i do find worrying..................

WTF are the cops thinking about??? keep 'em on the train...let lancaster look after them for a few hours!!
on this occasion it possibly worked...but, there is alwasys a "what if" in cases like this.
lancasterlivi

Re: millwall fans......(to keep the hoolie thread clear)

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 pm

So some Millwall fans came into the pub, had a few drinks, then left?
durhamshrimp

Postby lancasterlivi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:So some Millwall fans came into the pub, had a few drinks, then left?

yup...the brain cell seems to have grasped it..........congrats
lancasterlivi

Postby lancasterlivi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:49 pm

remember this??? cocky pants

Post subject: Re: appauling
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Replies: 27
Views: 1011

Yawn. We did play badly, but I don't know what coming on here and crying about it is going to do. I trust Sammy to sort it out, people just need to relax a little. So what do we do? Only come on here and celebrate the good times? I thought the idea of the forum is to share views about anythiing...

i simply shared an experience....... :roll:
lancasterlivi

Postby The Marksman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 am

Bit of an anti-climax though. I thought something funny or shocking was going to happen. Maybe it's the way you tell 'em ;)
The Marksman

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:01 pm

lancasterlivi wrote:remember this??? cocky pants

Yawn. We did play badly, but I don't know what coming on here and crying about it is going to do. I trust Sammy to sort it out, people just need to relax a little. So what do we do? Only come on here and celebrate the good times? I thought the idea of the forum is to share views about anythiing...

And what an amazing one it was. Can't wait for the memoirs.
durhamshrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Lancasterlivi, hope the response to your first post on the forum doesn't put you off posting again in the future! I guess you've been reading the forum for a while so you'll know to quickly learn to ignore overly sarcastic posters! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby -Hatrick- » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:So some Millwall fans came into the pub, had a few drinks, then left?

Didn't realise it had to break out into some bloody battle. Thought it was quite an interesting story myself.
-Hatrick-

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:52 pm

durhamshrimp is a serial sarcastic one-liner member of this board, chill out people.
Bare Ben

Postby -Hatrick- » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Just seems childish to Me.
-Hatrick-

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:

leave him alone,hes only 11 ;) ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:

leave him alone,hes only 11 ;) ;)

12, get it right ;) :lol: :lol:
durhamshrimp

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:07 pm

I went to see Blackburn V Millwall at the Den in about 78 when i lived in London.
Went into the pub at New Cross, had a right laugh with these Millwall lads.
When they found out I supported Morecambe they'd never heard of it and were amused when I told them the story of Eric Bartholemew
Great bunch of lads. Ended up that night in a drinking club down the Mile End Road.
had a dance with Rose Davies.
Aspers

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Would that be rose davies the artist, my son, mrpotatohead ,and myself are keen fans of her work, my particular favourite is, charlotte reflected :)
PUNKISDEAD

Return to General Discussion