Morecambe Fans wanted for new book!

Morecambe Fans wanted for new book!

Postby dmob » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm

I’m a working on a book "Around the Grounds: The Essential Fans Guide to the Clubs of the English Football League”. We’re trying to capture the spirit, humour and knowledge of the terraces so have been speaking to fans, clubs, forums and fanzines, asking them to contribute thoughts and memories. The support and feedback we’ve had so far has been great. But Shrimp fans, we need you, so Keith suggested I post a few questions on the board! It would be great to get your feedback on the following:

Greatest moment on this ground/at home and why:
Lowest moment on this ground/at home and why:
Heroes of the turf: (top legends and why)
Zeroes of the turf: ( underachievers who failed to live up to the hype)
Heroes of the sideline: (top managers or coaches and why)
That’s quite interesting: (something about a player or the club etc that are "quite interesting")
Don’t mention the: (something embarrassing or amusing - running to a couple of lines)
Villains: (unpopular players or those who left under a cloud – again serious or humorous)
Not a lot of people know that: (a piece of obscure trivia)

Thanks in advance!

Dem
dmob

Re: Morecambe Fans wanted for new book!

Postby Number 1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Maybe I'm cynical but seeing as though your book is going to be a collection of people's contributions, cut, pasted, and bound so that you can sell for a personal profit, can you tell us how much the contributers get paid?
Number 1

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm with number 1 on this...if we can settle a fee for my contribution then i shall happily share my memories.

If you would like to get in touch and i can send you my responses.

alisterdyson@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, and good luck with your venture.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Aspers » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Greatest moment on this ground/at home and why: 1967 Lancs Cup full ground
Lowest moment on this ground/at home and why: 1967 Lancs Cup full ground couldn't see.
Heroes of the turf: (top legends and why) Ryan Zico Black- Cool name
Zeroes of the turf: ( underachievers who failed to live up to the hype) Ryan Zico Black- only sounded Barazillian
Heroes of the sideline: (top managers or coaches and why) Alan Spavin used to play for Preston
That’s quite interesting: (something about a player or the club etc that are "quite interesting") Alan Spavin lives in America
Don’t mention the: (something embarrassing or amusing - running to a couple of lines)the time I went to JB's bar and wondered why they had called it after Jim Bowen
Villains: (unpopular players or those who left under a cloud – again serious or humorous) Jim Bowen supports Blackburn Rovers.
Not a lot of people know that: (a piece of obscure trivia) I once saw a now respected businessman with his hand up his girlfriends skirt near the bogs at the side of the stand. About 1974.
You can have that for free.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 pm

what on earth were you looking for that led to bumping a thread that is exactly a year old?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion