Will Haining

Will Haining

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 am

I'd read that the guy was cool under pressure and yesterday he proved that without question.
But the one thing I found excellent about his debut was his ability to play the ball out of defence with accuracy. A couple of his diagonal balls to Duffy on the wing was a feature of a centre back rarely seen at CP for many a season.

On this display (bearing in mind he'd only been with his new team on the training ground the previous day) it argues well for the future and when Jimbo gets back, what a formidable partnership they will make.

There's no way that i can see Arts getting back into the team for some considerable time.

I've been bleating on about having a footballing centre half for some time now.

Maybe Sammy does take notice after all........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

....and a special word about Wilson's performance. I wasn't sure about him during the pre-season games, but yesterday he was outstanding!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Will Haining

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 am

Has he been at a club forr pre season I was impressed with him yesturday and think when he has settled in he will become a great addition to the team
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:14 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Has he been at a club forr pre season I was impressed with him yesturday and think when he has settled in he will become a great addition to the team

Signed on the dotted line on Thursday, trained with the squad for the first time Friday I understand.

Interestingly none of the pre-season trialists who trained with the club have been signed up.

For the first time in absolute years ALL the new signings are more than capable of playing in the first team on an on-going basis.

Remember last season.....Carr and McCann?
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 am

I was very impressed by Haining and Wilson too.
Little Shrimp

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

Agreed, very impressed with yesterdays showing, Will Haining looks a real quality signing and possibly the most athletic footballing centre back since we dropped Chris Blackburn into that role.

Ian Craney, Phil Jevons, Will Haining are superb aquisitions - can anyone really see any of them not being permanent starters as opposed to the signings of last summer ? As mentioned Laurence Wilson also had a fine game whilst Darren Moss seems very solid too.

As Freez and I frustratingly said on Morecambe Player though, two points given away unneccesarily - I'll bet Sammy was hopping !
Last edited by SimplyRed MFC on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby james456 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:15 am

No doubt Sammy has had to be very shrewd with his signings but we have brought so many quality players to CP, I'm wondering if we are using cash from the sale of the ground to bring them here? We were supposed to be operating on a smaller budget yet we have a larger squad than last season and we still need a striker tbh.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:19 pm

I read somewhere that our Chairman 'Sir' Peter has put extra funds into the club which could account for the extra squad players. However, I suspect that there will be some outgoings on loan with immeadiate call backs as required.

Bearing in mind that it's been well documented that the sale of CP will cover all the costs of the stadium and clear all the loans to Directors etc and leave money in the Bank it would appear that any further loans by individual Board members will only be temporary. There's no way that our Board will allow us to start life afresh in CP Mark 2 other than as a league club.

With only 3 recognised strikers on the books (excluding Aaron who is already on laon), the chances of an additional striker of quality joining the family seem to be very much on the cards.
Christies Child

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:22 pm

I have a feeling we'll get another striker in time for the Burton game, as soon as this happens, and we get Jimbo back, our team will be keith'n awesome !!! ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Christies Child wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Has he been at a club forr pre season I was impressed with him yesturday and think when he has settled in he will become a great addition to the team

Signed on the dotted line on Thursday, trained with the squad for the first time Friday I understand.

Interestingly none of the pre-season trialists who trained with the club have been signed up.

For the first time in absolute years ALL the new signings are more than capable of playing in the first team on an on-going basis.

I mean he was released at the end of last season but has he played in any pre season games for anyone else
heysham_mfc

Postby HeyshamShrimper » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:25 pm

There was this prediction thing in the sun yesterday it was talking about us been moneybags and that our chairman was throwing money at the club ?
HeyshamShrimper

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

I mean he was released at the end of last season but has he played in any pre season games for anyone else

Released by St Mirran due to wanting to be near his North West based family

Pre-season at Oldham just to get fit

Trialed at Blackpool last weekend and midweek, but decided to sign for us
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:14 pm

cheers CC ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby SPARK » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:59 pm

To be honest I really enjoyed the game. If the football is to that standard ever week, even if we lose or draw then I'm happy to part with my cash.

I want the wins of course but some of the games last year were woeful but if that style of play is to become the norm I'm all for it.
SPARK

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Totally agree spark i to would be very happy to pay £13 every home game to watch that standard of football especially by us
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Let's hope that Sammy and the lads read this post about our play.

Bloody excellent but I somehow suspect that it will get even better..... ;) ;) ;) I'm sure they think that they are capable of much more, which of course they are! :) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 pm

I wish to apologise to DMC. You were right, Will Haining is "Quality". Considering playing with new team mates for the first time, he was brilliant.
I was also pleased to see that we were shooting from outside the box a lot more than previous seasons. Whilst accepting that we won't score a lot of the time by doing this, I think it gives a message to the opponents that we are on the front foot rather than trying to walk the ball in. :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 pm

I thought that he was immense yesterday. Great to see a centre back with pace and superb passing ability, i think him and Jimbo will form a great understanding as the season goes on and as on a previous post i really cant see Artell getting back in the side apart from injuries. So all in all a very impressive debut with plenty of signs of things to come. Happy days
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Andy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:16 pm

On previous occasssions when I've made the long trek north I've left CP feeling gutted about the results and the way we performed (not every game may I add but most) however when I left CP yesterday I was more than pleased with our creative play and chances we created and then just a tad saddened by dropping those 2pts right at the end, but if we can perform like that more often then I'm sure we're in for a terrific season. Now where's Negative Ned !!!!!!!!!!
Back on the spanners
Andy

Return to General Discussion