Morecambe 2 - 2 Hereford United (Stanley, Drummond)

Morecambe 2 - 2 Hereford United (Stanley, Drummond)

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Good performance IMO - a little shakey at the back at times e.g for their 1st goal - I think we'll be sorted when Jimbo is back. Dissapointing to draw when we were 3 minutes from victory, feels like a loss :(

Play like that next week & I think we'll come out winners, Duffy yet again showing his class, Wilson aswell showing that he's a good signing, what a shot he's got on him !!
Crooky MFC

Re: Morecambe 2 - 2 Hereford United (Stanley, Drummond)

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Thought Craney and the new defender were excellent.

Bit galling to throw it away at the end, but there is a lot of potential in the squad.
campdave

Postby Bare bum » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

exciting times ahead I think.
If that last Hereford goal had been scuffed and trickled over the bye line we'd be purring about our quick, strong, dominant football. In fact I think I'll purr anyway.........................
Good performance, all round the team, Stanners was buzzing after his goal. When the team gets to know each other better we could be in for some real entertainment this season.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Harry » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Overall a brilliant game but we should have kept the lead. Hereford took their 2 real chances and we took 2 of our numerous. Eee well, lets enjoy tuesday.
Harry

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:09 pm

excellent display,but why did we not go for the 3rd goal and drop off after 70 minutes asking for them to counter attack with the obvious result
should have won this by a mile,still season looking very promising
scalehallshrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:15 pm

There was a moment in the second half when Stanley had the ball in Herefords half, instead of running on trying to get a 3rd, he stood still and played it backwards. We need to learn how to kill games off.
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:33 pm

One of the best performances at home since we joined the league.

OK annoying to conceed in last minutes bit overall we looked excellent.

The new lad in the centre of defence was brilliant...another SMc masterstroke!

My only concern is that when 2-1 up and with Hereford on the ropes we sat back inviting them to come on to us. Sounds somewhat familiar.

However see what a difference when we play it on the deck as we did today.

Their first goal was a carboncopy of last weeks v Barrow, allowing too much time and room in midfield and inviting the guy to shoot.

Up front I still think we need some powerhouse to create openings for PJ. He's not a target man.

Plenty of positives however and excellent entertainment that will encourage more fans through the gates.

It's very early days yet, but on the evidence of today....those 'dark horse' predictions could be onto something.

Well done lads!

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:34 pm

very good game today shame we could not hold out for the 3 points though
heysham_mfc

Postby Martin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Bare bum wrote:When the team gets to know each other better we could be in for some real entertainment this season.

Agreed.

An excellent performance that didn't get the deserved result. All the new signings looked good and once the team gels fully, I think we could be in for a good season.

It's a pity we did the usual last ten minutes, trying to protect the lead rather than keep taking the game to them. It put more and more pressure on the defence as we defended increasingly deeper until the inevitable happened at the end.

The result, in the circumstances, was disappointing, but overall it was a very encouraging display and the signs look promising.
Martin

Postby parkyboy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Good game some excellent attacking football but when we had them on thr ropes to be taken we sat back and were content to play the ball sideways and backwards the worst offender being Danny . the new guys were excellent also Stanlley Duffyand Twiss . Should be a good season ahead .
parkyboy

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:19 pm

To put it in a nutshell, we played well but we wuz robbed :cry: :cry: :cry: !!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Twissy had a better game today I thought, showed a better first touch than he has of late - I think he might shock a few people this season, as many had written him off (me included)
Crooky MFC

Postby Dazzer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Rahhh! - I would have settled for a point before the kick off, but now I just feel that we were robbed of 2 points. I'm sure we will play worse than that this season and come away with 3 points.
Plenty of positives for me, some lovely football at times, Haining looks quality, I can't wait to see him alogside Jimbo (Ok we let 2 goals in, but the back 3 were paying alongside each other for the very first time). I thought Jevons was excellent,some great link up play and he worked his rocks off.

We are looking much more of a footballing side than last season, but in a way I think that is my concern, there are going to be days when the pretty tappy tappy football just won't work against a well drilled defence. It's days like that you need another outlet. I think we are just a bustling target man off being play off contenders.
Dazzer

Postby Star08 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:54 pm

It was glorious and disappointing all in one...great to watch most of it, really looks as though the team has even more potential this season, but what a bummer that Hereford equalised, especially when they did...how dare they?!!! :evil: We definitely deserved to win that game, though Hereford's shots at goals were on target whilst we had a few close misses...what a different result if they had gone in.

Well done lads anyway; keep up the good work.

Oh, and what happened to Christie the Cat?
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Christie was prowling aroound in the paddock area 8-)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 pm

think the cat has had personality change :?: :?:
Shrimpman

Postby mazatec » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm extremely surprised that CC commented on the game . As he could take his eyes off our new centre half model wife,
But he is a little nearer in finding out who a regular contributor to this website IS
mazatec

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Was Michelle at the game today?
Crooky MFC

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:20 am

Robbed or sat back and invited pressure? One day we will learn that attacking and pushing for a two goal cushion is more effective than sitting back to defend a one goal lead.

That said, and repeating what others have already posted, there were lots of positives yesterday. Two good goals, lots of cultured football, ball on the deck and everyone looking comfortable with it. Hope Frazer isn't seriously hurt although Stanners won't be giving his place up easily after that performance.

oh, and apparently the second goal was "finally awarded to Stewart Drummond" :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 am

Two points dropped and I think that is why we will just finish short of the playoffs as we will drop points like today. To make the playoffs you need to be closing those type of games out and getting the 3 points.

Was a good performance though and with Craney always trying to link up with the strikers we seem to get the ball forward more and with purpose instead of just passing it sideways all the time.

See we conceded when when they started to run at us on the break which is the same old story.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 am

....we have to go for the oppositions jugular when 2-1 up to kill the game by getting a 3rd.

Too often we sit back in the belief that we can hold out.

The best form of defence is attack and with the quality that Sammy has brought into the squad we should be more than capable of doing that.

Get a target man to work alongside PJ and the goal rush will follow.

Simples! :) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby Star08 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:41 am

Shrimpman wrote:think the cat has had personality change :?: :?:

Combined with rapid weight loss...not a good sign in a cat...hope he's not ailing...
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:52 am

Christie the Cat No2 :?: :?: :?:

Needs to be 'ground' trained and then he will be purrfect!
Christies Child

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:59 am

>Two points dropped and I think that is why we will just finish short of the playoffs as we will drop >points like today. To make the playoffs you need to be closing those type of games out and getting >the 3 points.

>Was a good performance though and with Craney always trying to link up with the strikers we seem >to get the ball forward more and with purpose instead of just passing it sideways all the time.

>See we conceded when when they started to run at us on the break which is the same old story.

Spot on I reckon. these are points we need to bank if we're serious about going up & our defence isn't good enough for us to sit back, The best form of defence is..... attack
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm

We all knew it was going to happen, straight after we went ahead we started a chant of 'attack attack attack' - They did the opposite. Whats done is done, all we can do now is go to Burton on Saturday & pick up the 3 points. Oh, and a win at Preston :)
Crooky MFC

Next

Return to General Discussion