O/T CC needs help

O/T CC needs help

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 am

As some of you know, the company I worked for has gone bust due to loosing some major contracts and as result I'm seeking new employment.

I'm now circullating my CV to recruitment agencies and direct to targeted private companies.

However I've received details of a company who claim to circulate CV s to every recruitment company depending on the type of role I'm looking for. On the face of it it sounds OK but they require a fee to undertake this on my behalf.

My first thoughts were...SCAM but then I began to wonder if the company are genuine.

Has anybody on SVs been in a similar position and actually bought into it or something similar?

If so...did it give you the result you wanted?

Thanks for your help on this matter.
CC
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T CC needs help

Postby Gnasher » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 am

I'd say SCAM straight away but if you tell us who the company is, someone might have experience of them, good or bad.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mighty Red » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 am

Is this the one you mean?

-----------------------------------------
Reply-To: <redscam@live.com>
Subject: Greetings From Ghana!!
Date: Thur, 6 Aug 2009 11:30:00
To: Christies Child

Good Day,

My name is Mighty Red, resident in Ghana, near Carnforth. I am writing to let you know I have an important business investment proposal I would like to discuss with you. But just to give you a small hint about the business, please note: The main reason I have decided to contact you today is to seek your assistance to help me transfer my INHERITED MONEY DEPOSITED IN A SECURITY AND FINANCE COMPANY IN DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES to your country for investment. The headquarters of the security company is situated in USA and the website is http://www.scamworld.cc

I am the next of kin to the DEPOSIT, but because of my lack of experience and the situation with me here as a refuge, I have decided to contact you and I will like you to stand for me as my Trustee and Representative to release the money from the company and transfer it to your country

There will be a lot to gain from this business, so if you are interested, please do reply my mail and I will explain the details to you in my next mail..I will appreciate your quick reply.
Thank you.

PS. All further communications will be delivered by low flying jet.
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 am

Gnasher wrote:I'd say SCAM straight away but if you tell us who the company is, someone might have experience of them, good or bad.

Cheers Brian
I really do appreciate your offer.

However a previous Personnel Director who has spoken to in the last few minutes says that e-CVs.net offer a similar service and all are scams in his experience.

He's advised me to stay clear.

May be a useful bit of info for others on SVs who may experience the same problem.
Thanks any how.
Neil
Christies Child

Postby feelingguilty » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 am

Used to work in recruitment - sounds like a scam.

General principle is employers pay for securing services of employees - usually candidates should not have to pay - therefore sounds like a scam.

Reality of recruitment is that in any area and any profession there are only about 5 recruitment firms who matter as they are the ones with the good reputation so the best local employers use them. Small recruitment firms will tell you different but they are simply trying to break the cycle.

Therefore free advice (up to you whether you take it) - do not pay anything to anybody. Do some research to find out who the 5 are in your area / profession and send your CV to them - when they find you a job employer will pay them no charge to you.
feelingguilty

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:05 am

Thanks to everybody who has contacted me.
Really do appreciate your input.
It's times like this when the SV 'family' really come through.

Neil
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion