pre season

pre season

Postby Mark Gwent » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Well pre-season over what is everybodies verdict mine is Burnley entertaining good work out loss. Southport at times some nice football played on the deck win.Huddersfield this game must be the worst of pre season enough said loss.Kendal fitness levels showed in this match before the heavens opened win.Plymouth first half was played at a very high standard Scottie very unlucky in the second half loss.Tranmere well this must be one of the most exciting games ive seen at Morecambe if we played like that every week we would win the league by a country mile draw.Of these games i would say mid table GOOD LUCK MORECAMBE A GOOD CUP RUN WOULD BE NICE.
Mark Gwent

Re: pre season

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Pre season is all about fitness no more and no less - results are a bonus if you win but it does not indicate how league form will go that will be over next 46 games (take a look at yesterdays results bury losing to fleetwood and also ourselves losing to barrow in two or three months will anyone remember them scores if we are both in top 5 or 6 i very much doubt it but only my personal opinion
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Forget about the pre season freindlies they are done with now and lets concentrate on the one that matters initially next saturday August 8th and get behind the team to start with a win . I have enough confidence in the squad we have got that we will make that winning start to this seasons league matches. So come on lets get behind the management and team and roar them to that winning start
parkyboy

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Pre-season shouldn't be looked into too much IMO - Bury lost to Fleetwood Town, and they'll be up at the top again this season. On Saturday we'll see a big crowd with LOT'S of singing, lifting the lads onto a victory (hopefully).

Who else is counting down the days, 5 more to go ! :D :D :D
Crooky MFC

Postby eggchaser » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:25 pm

I agree with everyone else, pre-season results should really be taken with a pinch of salt, yeah a few more wins wouldve been nice but against tougher opposition you can't really ask for much more, the squad has been messed around with all pre season so sammy can find his best team and with trialists, youngsters and new signings it's all about learning how to play together before the season starts. Now the real stuff starts and Im predicting us to finish in the playoffs aslong as jevons or a.n. other striker gets 15/20 goals this season thats all we've been lacking these past few seasons :!: and aslong as the defence stays solid i don't see why we can't get automatic.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 am

and also Morecambe drew with Tranmere 3 - 3 who also drew with Liverpool 2 - 2

so that doesn't mean Morecame are champions league material :P
George Dawes

Postby feelingguilty » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 am

Remember the pre season we beat wolves 5-0 - lets hope we have a better season than that.

Results mean nothing - all about Saturday
feelingguilty

Return to General Discussion