dodgy defence

dodgy defence

Postby DMC » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Am I the only fan who thinks we have done nothing to improve our defence- not 1 clean sheet in the freindlies and neither of the 2 signings are as good as Yates or am not alowed to say that on this sigte?. Artell, Bentley and adams too slow by far and invite the opposition into our half!!!!! And I know Bentley was not playting today!
DMC

Re: dodgy defence

Postby ockers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:37 pm

yes
why not set your own facebook group up too whilst your at it
you know...."lets slag morecambe fc"
put your face to the group too?

dear oh dear oh dear.....................

:roll: :roll:

are you CC simply red sonia honest john in disguise..... :shock:
ockers

Postby DMC » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 pm

No I say it as I sees it-sorry if I have offended you- do you think we have a top calss defence?
DMC

Postby ockers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:15 pm

DMC wrote:No I say it as I sees it-sorry if I have offended you- do you think we have a top calss defence?

not offended at all just disappointed with your view
early days yet..........
i think we have a top class team and club
let see where next season takes us
definitely we have the strongest team weve ever had at this club
now we have someone as expert as Club Sports Physiotherapist Simon Farnworth here as well is fantastic and shows we are making the right moves and progressing as a club.
ockers

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:41 pm

i think we have a top class team and club
let see where next season takes us
definitely we have the strongest team weve ever had at this club
now we have someone as expert as Club Sports Physiotherapist Simon Farnworth here as well is fantastic and shows we are making the right moves and progressing as a club.

All we need now is our own TV Channel.
Aspers

Postby sgt major » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 am

Hi Sean - I think that DMC!!! has a point. It is one week to go before the season starts - we need to be out of the blocks on all 4 cylinders. I think the days of us giving ourselves 10 games to see where we stand are over. However I have first hand anecdotal proof that Mr Farnworth is shaking things up - for the better ;)

The way we can help on Saturday against Hereford is to get behind the team on the terraces and be the 12th man - very poor home attendance yesterday :(
sgt major

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:24 am

sgt major wrote:Hi Sean - I think that DMC!!! has a point. It is one week to go before the season starts - we need to be out of the blocks on all 4 cylinders. I think the days of us giving ourselves 10 games to see where we stand are over. However I have first hand anecdotal proof that Mr Farnworth is shaking things up - for the better ;)
The way we can help on Saturday against Hereford is to get behind the team on the terraces and be the 12th man - very poor home attendance yesterday :(

Confirmed to me yesterday as well.

Mr Farnworth has already stamped his authority and knowledge on certain aspects of the injury problems currently affecting a number of the squad.

No disrespect to DE, but in only a few days this area has taken a huge step forward and is proof positive that once again, year on year the club are progressing in the right direction. Maybe not as quickly as some would like, but hey Rome wasn't built in a day!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:41 am

DMC wrote:Am I the only fan who thinks we have done nothing to improve our defence- not 1 clean sheet in the freindlies and neither of the 2 signings are as good as Yates or am not alowed to say that on this sigte?. Artell, Bentley and adams too slow by far and invite the opposition into our half!!!!! And I know Bentley was not playting today!

it's ok where not going to be playing Burnley Huddersfield Tranmere Plymouth in L2 every week

and yesterday we was just strolling about trying to avoid injury, and Barrow you could say it was a cup final for them :P
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:58 am

DawZi wrote:
DMC wrote:Am I the only fan who thinks we have done nothing to improve our defence- not 1 clean sheet in the freindlies and neither of the 2 signings are as good as Yates or am not alowed to say that on this sigte?. Artell, Bentley and adams too slow by far and invite the opposition into our half!!!!! And I know Bentley was not playting today!

it's ok where not going to be playing Burnley Huddersfield Tranmere Plymouth in L2 every week

and yesterday we was just strolling about trying to avoid injury, and Barrow you could say it was a cup final for them :P[/quote]

Good point. I'd say we've only played at circa 75% energy levels in order to gain fitness in all pre-season games to date. Next weekend is when it really matters.
Christies Child

Postby sgt major » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:01 am

DawZi wrote:

and yesterday we was just strolling about trying to avoid injury, and Barrow you could say it was a cup final for them :P

The amount of Barrow lads that came away early from the game said it all really - the second half was a stroll and to be honest there was no passion shown by our fans anyway. Also many had been chucked out as well by Denby and his motley crew :D
sgt major

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 am

sgt major wrote:
DawZi wrote:

The amount of Barrow lads that came away early from the game said it all really - the second half was a stroll and to be honest there was no passion shown by our fans anyway. Also many had been chucked out as well by Denby and his motley crew :D

they weren't proper football fans, they where the same lot looking for trouble, and tried coming into the north stand straight after, then got stopped at york bridge
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:47 am

I can't wait for next week, 6 days and then another season in the football league is here! :D

As for us being the 12th man, too many individuals in the 'singing area' talk about complete and utter bollocks, rather than showing full support to the team they have presumably come to support. Take for instance.... WHAT SCORES LIVERPOOL OR MAN UTD - Who cares :?

This is our final season at CP, so it's time for us, as fans, to play our part - Let's sing our hearts out, from the 1st minute until the last!

Better atmosphere in the stands = Better performance on the pitch ;)

COME ONNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crooky MFC

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:42 am

I think we should switch Artell for Parrish to get some pace at the back. I choose Artell because Bentley's our captain and we're really disorganised at the back without him and Danny Adams just makes some amazing tackles.
Little Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:53 am

sgt major wrote:and to be honest there was no passion shown by our fans anyway

No passion for a meaningless friendly? Not exactly a surprise.
campdave

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:54 am

Crooky MFC wrote: too many individuals in the 'singing area' talk about complete and utter bollocks,

Maybe we should mark it out with a painted line on the floor, so people who don't meet your high standards can't come in.
campdave

Postby mazatec » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 am

Parrish is not up to standard ,he had to be moved to right back yesterday as usual he was making to many mistakes, half the goals we have conceded in our friendly games are due to his inability to perform at our required standard ,plus he does not know the offside rules
mazatec

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:49 am

A back 4 of Moss; Artell; Adams and Wilson until Jimbo is back, then Jimbo in for Artell.

Wilson has not shone in the wing back position for me to date but looked OK in a purely defensive role. His body language said that he was totally frustrated at being taken off yesterday.
Christies Child

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm

campdave wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote: too many individuals in the 'singing area' talk about complete and utter bollocks,

Maybe we should mark it out with a painted line on the floor, so people who don't meet your high standards can't come in.

High standards? Sorry Victor, maybe some of us are sick to death of people singing 'forever blowing bubbles' or talking about overpaid premiership nancys IN THE MIDDLE of a Morecambe FC game. :roll:
Crooky MFC

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Wilson has not shone in the wing back position for me to date but looked OK in a purely defensive role. His body language said that he was totally frustrated at being taken off yesterday.

and the tackle just before he came off didn't do him any favours. I also thought Parrish was moved over to full back to counteract the pace of there winger :?:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:31 am

sgt major wrote:Hi Sean - I think that DMC!!! has a point. It is one week to go before the season starts - we need to be out of the blocks on all 4 cylinders. I think the days of us giving ourselves 10 games to see where we stand are over. However I have first hand anecdotal proof that Mr Farnworth is shaking things up - for the better ;)

Sorry Sgt Major sir i wasn´t in attendance on Saturday, i was on exercise in Helsinki ;) and now back in Lahti. On Wednesday we have a night mission to Stockholm and return Saturday for another mission to Turkho for w/end. Then back to Lahti for a few days and report for duty on 15th Aug , having missed 3 games :cry:

p.s.
TOP SECRET :lol:
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 am

Christies Child wrote:A back 4 of Moss; Artell; Adams and Wilson until Jimbo is back, then Jimbo in for Artell.

Both Artell and Adams are too slow , they were both skinned a few times in the freindlies . So as i have said in the past i would put Drummy at centre half with Jimbo and Moss and Wilson as full-backs . Hell , we might even be able to play our way out of defence without the panic HOOf. :o
parceldave

Postby campdave » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:40 am

Crooky MFC wrote:High standards? Sorry Victor, maybe some of us are sick to death of people singing 'forever blowing bubbles' or talking about overpaid premiership nancys IN THE MIDDLE of a Morecambe FC game. :roll:

I don't like it when people sing "do you take it up the arse player XX" but I'm forced to listen to it as well.

If people want to talk about Man Utd and Liverpool once they've paid their money to come in, let them. If you don't want to listen to people witter on around you, get a box in the new ground.
campdave

Postby ezz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Without Jimbo we need McStay in there, Artell and Adams are not a good enough combination.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion