trouble with Barrow fans

trouble with Barrow fans

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:43 pm

I noticed some trouble with some Barrow fans near the ground also i was on the bus to the ground when some Barrow fans got on at Euston Road clearly they had had a few to many and only made it as far as york bridge before the driver threw them off
heysham_mfc

Re: trouble with Barrow fans

Postby George Dawes » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:10 pm

yeah i noticed they they where looking for trouble, and the police kept going over behind there goal

and a couple of em outside the chippy was giving abuse to Morecambe fans passing by
George Dawes

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 am

I passed a group of young men outside the chippy before the game and overheard a little cherub utter " should have put me steelies on for when were steaming in " :roll: :roll: Danny Dyer has a lot to answer for. Having not been to a game against Barrow before i was wondering if this was the norm or just an idiots jolly day out :?:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 am

Blackburn shrimp wrote:I passed a group of young men outside the chippy before the game and overheard a little cherub utter " should have put me steelies on for when were steaming in " :roll: :roll: Danny Dyer has a lot to answer for. Having not been to a game against Barrow before i was wondering if this was the norm or just an idiots jolly day out :?:

......no just typical of a small minority of their support who only follow them during their clubs better times!

When Barrow struggle they are absent.

For some of 'em it could have been their first time out of Barrow! :o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:22 am

apparantly they had been in the town center shouting abuse at passers by earlier on
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:09 pm

P/T Indie wrote:apparantly they had been in the town center shouting abuse at passers by earlier on

probably just picking on easy targets.!
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 pm

There was a bit of bother at Wetherspoons around half 12 where there were a load of the scum element outside singing "We hate Morecambe" etc. Ar$eholes. They'd been abusing customers inside by all accounts too and it wasn't long before the police turned up. Young families in there and a few "older generation" (presumably) day trippers.

Saw a load of them getting out of taxis by the Arndale - evidently pi$$ed up and looking for trouble.

Hopefully we will never build that bridge across the bay........ like CC says, only out of Barrow on day release probably.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Pandalus Paddockus » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah, sounds like everyone has a story to tell about a drunken, foul mouthed trouble making Barrow fan yesterday, minority they may well be but I for one hope these so called supporters don't have reason to come back here too often.
Pandalus Paddockus

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Hopefully we will never build that bridge across the bay........ like CC says, only out of Barrow on day release probably.

friends over the pond,sorry foes over the pond :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby durianmuncher » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 am

Pandalus Paddockus wrote:Yeah, sounds like everyone has a story to tell about a drunken, foul mouthed trouble making Barrow fan yesterday, minority they may well be but I for one hope these so called supporters don't have reason to come back here too often.

I agree with this sentiment. Perhaps we could arrange a different set of friendly matches next year.
durianmuncher

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:22 am

somebody famous once described Barrow on the map as the arsehole of Britain, one road in and one road out.
George Dawes

Postby Bare bum » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:18 am

How's that work DawZi, does your arsehole have a road in and a road out?
Actually I think Barrow has been described as being at the end of the longest cul-de-sac in England.

Let's not all go on an anti-Barrow hate binge just because of the actions of a few dickwits. We're better than that aren't we?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:31 am

Besides, there's at least two roads in, and I, for one, can't wait until I'm delivering there again.

Even the ones that don't particulary like Barrow F.C hate Morecambe :(
morecambe mick

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:00 am

Let's not all go on an anti-Barrow hate binge just because of the actions of a few dickwits.

I just don't like them anyway not just because of the idiots :lol:

P/T Indie

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:04 pm

I was in Lancaster at about 12 and about 20 of them let off a flare outside the brown cow. They were singing anti-Morecambe songs and then a middle-aged asian man walked past them to the tune of "Eng-er-land" and several other racist songs. Wasn't long before police showed up and just ushered them back into the pub. How that bunch of f****** scum weren't arrested is totally beyond me. I am certainly not defending our latest banned individual but do football fans only qualify as being racist when they're doing it inside the ground????????
Bare Ben

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:08 pm

I agree can't belive that none of them were arrested clearly they were not here for the football they only came to cause trouble in town would not supprise me if we didn't play Barrow again in pre season after that
heysham_mfc

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm

I had the best remedy for a Barrow fan that took his anger out on my quiz machine - I chucked him out. The trouble with places like Wetherspoons is they are run by young managers that crap themselves when there is a bit of trouble.

I read them the riot act before they came in, had a few Morecambe v Barrow anecdotes and actually have mates from there, mentioned their names and all was well. Not an anti-Morecambe song sung all afternoon.

I suppose the best compliment I heard all afternoon was "Don't upset the landlord, he's a bloody meathead"

One thing I have to agree with Ben on is the police attitude to a group of racisits where it is easier to let them get on with it rather than have all that paper work to fill in arresting 20 so called fans. It didn't help that the Barrow police spotter was put on a night shift on Friday and was late for the game - hence why I had all the banning order lads in the York.

We are now 3 seasons into the FL - the police need to be just a little bit more harsh with known idiots - we can spot them; surely the boys in blue can.
sgt major

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:56 pm

I had the best remedy for a Barrow fan that took his anger out on my quiz machine - I chucked him out. The trouble with places like Wetherspoons is they are run by young managers that crap themselves when there is a bit of trouble.

I read them the riot act before they came in, had a few Morecambe v Barrow anecdotes and actually have mates from there, mentioned their names and all was well. Not an anti-Morecambe song sung all afternoon.

I suppose the best compliment I heard all afternoon was "Don't upset the landlord, he's a bloody meathead"

One thing I have to agree with Ben on is the police attitude to a group of racisits where it is easier to let them get on with it rather than have all that paper work to fill in arresting 20 so called fans. It didn't help that the Barrow police spotter was put on a night shift on Friday and was late for the game - hence why I had all the banning order lads in the York.

We are now 3 seasons into the FL - the police need to be just a little bit more harsh with known idiots - we can spot them; surely the boys in blue can.
sgt major

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Bare bum wrote:How's that work DawZi, does your arsehole have a road in and a road out?
Actually I think Barrow has been described as being at the end of the longest cul-de-sac in England.

Let's not all go on an anti-Barrow hate binge just because of the actions of a few dickwits. We're better than that aren't we?

from the outside it as one way in and one way out, so in a manner of speaking my anser is YES it does have a road :lol:
George Dawes

Postby poulton shrimp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 pm

so thats why Lancashire got rid of Barra :lol:
poulton shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I was in Lancaster at about 12 and about 20 of them let off a flare outside the brown cow. They were singing anti-Morecambe songs and then a middle-aged asian man walked past them to the tune of "Eng-er-land" and several other racist songs. Wasn't long before police showed up and just ushered them back into the pub. How that bunch of f****** scum weren't arrested is totally beyond me. I am certainly not defending our latest banned individual but do football fans only qualify as being racist when they're doing it inside the ground????????

singing England in England, strictly speaking shouldn't offend anybody regardless of race of colour

the Asian looking bloke in question should have smiled and acknowledged them and even better still shut them up by singing "Eng-er-land Eng-er-land" back to them, and then seen there gob-smacked reaction
George Dawes

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Fair point, but they were singing it at him and pointing and laughing whilst taking the piss out of his turban.
Bare Ben

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Pandalus Paddockus wrote:Yeah, sounds like everyone has a story to tell about a drunken, foul mouthed trouble making Barrow fan yesterday, minority they may well be but I for one hope these so called supporters don't have reason to come back here too often.

Thought you'd vowed to stay off the forum - you old walrus :lol:
sgt major

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:00 am

Bare Ben wrote:I was in Lancaster at about 12 and about 20 of them let off a flare outside the brown cow. They were singing anti-Morecambe songs and then a middle-aged asian man walked past them to the tune of "Eng-er-land" and several other racist songs. Wasn't long before police showed up and just ushered them back into the pub. How that bunch of f****** scum weren't arrested is totally beyond me. I am certainly not defending our latest banned individual but do football fans only qualify as being racist when they're doing it inside the ground????????

Someone at work told me about this today and said it was actually quite intimidating for passers by.

P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 am

sgt major wrote: "Don't upset the landlord, he's a bloody meathead"

We already know that Mick, but you did'nt have to tell us twice in 2 minutes! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion