Thank's for nothing Mcilroy!

Thank's for nothing Mcilroy!

Postby Ned » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I was really looking for some encouragement today for the season ahead, instead we now have to hope that a squad that is overflowing with players not good enough to get in Barrow’s team can somehow turn a dreadful pre-season into a successful league campaign. Yes it has been done before but is not usually the norm. On current form the back four is not good enough, the midfield does have good moments but who is going to win any headers against decent centre halves?
Towards the end of the match did anybody else hear the witty exchange between one of the Barrow guy’s stood outside their dugout and a local supporter. Responding to a remark from the supporter about the poor Morecambe performance, the Barrow guy commented ..”We had heard they were ropey and if this lot survive in league 2 then there must be some bad un’s.”.
Ned

Re: Thank's for nothing Mcilroy!

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 pm

:o :o :o :o :o Stood pretty close by and must have missed that little gem. I wonder if you found any positives from today Ned i personally thought the pies were top notch and the beer was certainly cold enough ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I was really looking for some encouragement today for the season ahead, instead we now have to hope that a squad that is overflowing with players not good enough to get in Barrow’s team can somehow turn a dreadful pre-season into a successful league campaign. Yes it has been done before but is not usually the norm. On current form the back four is not good enough, the midfield does have good moments but who is going to win any headers against decent centre halves?
Towards the end of the match did anybody else hear the witty exchange between one of the Barrow guy’s stood outside their dugout and a local supporter. Responding to a remark from the supporter about the poor Morecambe performance, the Barrow guy commented ..”We had heard they were ropey and if this lot survive in league 2 then there must be some bad un’s.”.

so on this perfomance who would you loan out?
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Dazzer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Ned, just a quick question for you;

Where you around in the days when we were in the lower reaches of the conferance and getting beat 7-0 by Leek Town?

I would just be interested to know, if so, what, your take on things was then?
Dazzer

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Simply Ned wrote:Towards the end of the match did anybody else hear the witty exchange between one of the Barrow guy’s stood outside their dugout and a local supporter. Responding to a remark from the supporter about the poor Morecambe performance, the Barrow guy commented ..”We had heard they were ropey and if this lot survive in league 2 then there must be some bad un’s.”.

How could anyone else hear this, as you have clearly made it up. :? :? :?
Crooky MFC

Postby ockers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:05 pm

thought we had already seen a pic of ned earlier within earshot of the dugout...... 8-)

on another day we would have won comfortably and that was the barrow managers view when he spoke to me on BBC Radio Cumbria

end of.................

will catch up with sammy and the players this week for the programme and website

will try and get an update for monday!!

cheers sean
ockers

Postby Bare bum » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:14 pm

..”We had heard they were ropey and if this lot survive in league 2 then there must be some bad un’s.”.

that's not even a Barrow accent Ned

Fill your heart with love today, don't play the game of time.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:16 pm

ockers wrote:thought we had already seen a pic of ned earlier within earshot of the dugout...... 8-)

on another day we would have won comfortably and that was the barrow managers view when he spoke to me on BBC Radio Cumbria

end of.................

will catch up with sammy and the players this week for the programme and website

will try and get an update for monday!!

cheers sean

Twas not me....honest!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Abbo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:37 pm

I wonder how many of these "on another day we would have won comfortably" quotes we will get this season ????? not the best way to end the pre season stint but the main buisness starts next week
Abbo

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:45 pm

not bothered too much about pre season its next week when we start that matters
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:51 pm

he slips in and he slips out our ellusive ned ;) ;) ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ockers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Abbo wrote:I wonder how many of these "on another day we would have won comfortably" quotes we will get this season ????? not the best way to end the pre season stint but the main buisness starts next week

im not sure if dave bayliss will be consulted every week............ :roll:
ockers

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 pm

For anyone who happens to spend too much time in Ned's company, or indeed, for Ned himself, this is what you are looking for...

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh Ned, Ned, Ned, Ned, Ned.
Don't forget to shout hello to me next week.
Get up near Shrimpscene close enough so I can hear you and shout
"Aspers its me Ned, we're doomed".
I always have a good laugh at your posts.
I have this image of you walking around, shoulders drooping with a little cartoon cloud over your head raining. :lol:
Aspers

Postby morecambe TID » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:56 pm

tbh i would like to see you do sammys job see if you can do better :roll:
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Postby Number 1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Here's Ned...

Number 1

Postby ockers » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Number 1 wrote:Here's Ned...

so its mark s???????????....... :shock:

:lol:
ockers

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 am

ockers wrote:
Number 1 wrote:Here's Ned...

so its mark s???????????....... :shock:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: good spot Ockers, it's MarkS after chatting to Ned for five minutes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I was really looking for some encouragement today for the season ahead, instead we now have to hope that a squad that is overflowing with players not good enough to get in Barrow’s team can somehow turn a dreadful pre-season into a successful league campaign. Yes it has been done before but is not usually the norm. On current form the back four is not good enough, the midfield does have good moments but who is going to win any headers against decent centre halves?

You must have a terrible life.
durhamshrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Yes sammy mcilroy thanks for nothing especially getting the club into league first time in our history then gaining two top half finishes in first two seasons - then on top of that wins against Preston and wolves on there own grounds (i really must say Sammy thanks for everything and simply Ned thanks for nothing)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 pm

Thank you Sammy, for being loved so much that it's driven a person insane.
Kinda reminds me of Frank Grimes who hates Homer Simpson so much, yet everyone else loves him..........didn't end too well for 'old grimey'

Hope someone who's watched simpsons knows what im on about :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ftm » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 am

can never understand this about morecambe fans.

too many happy clappers.

i went to the burnley game and i though morecambe were awful.

they were sliced open, strikers were poor. the only player who looked anywhere near competing was stanley.

maybe a little harsh saying thanks for nothing but maybe too many people live in the past.
ftm

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:13 am

I dont know who you are ftm and to be honest i dont really care - i am not living in the past i am just stating facts about the last 3 seasons and what the manager and players have achieved is in my humble opinion quite brilliant(If we can gain another top half finish in our last ever season at Christie park i for one will be very happy)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:09 am

ftm wrote:can never understand this about morecambe fans.

too many happy clappers.

they were sliced open, strikers were poor. the only player who looked anywhere near competing was stanley.

maybe a little harsh saying thanks for nothing but maybe too many people live in the past.

Are you really a supporter? You obviously didn't bother to watch the Tranmere game. Or did you? If so, even you have to admit that we played very well indeed.

You obviously took no account of the fact that the Burnley game was our first pre-season game and that against a Premiership side who had already completed a number of games.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:09 am

ftm wrote:can never understand this about morecambe fans.

too many happy clappers.

I know it was only a premiership team we should have beat them easy :roll:
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion