Fireworks Today

Fireworks Today

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:24 pm

What the hell were they all about :lol: :oops:
Crooky MFC

Re: Fireworks Today

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:31 pm

What was that all about :?: :?: :?: I noticed a steward kicking one of the lit fireworks off the pitch just before the game kicked off. Bet that the groundstaff loved that burning away on the pitch they have obviuosly worked so hard on pre season :roll: :roll:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Gnasher » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I noticed a steward kicking one of the lit fireworks off the pitch just before the game kicked off

None of the fireworks landed on the pitch.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:49 pm

What a complete and utter waste of time.

If that was a trial run for next weekends season opener, I suggest they go back to wherever they came from and have a radical re-think.

PLEASE tell me the club hasn't wasted money on such a fiasco.

The thought did cross my mind when I saw it being set up, that it was the prelude to a major announcement in true showbusinss style.....possibly of some mysterious striker being unveilled. ;) ;) ;)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Splodge » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Think the lit firework on the pitch came from a Barrow fan, and was unrelated to the centre circle pyrotechnics.
Splodge

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:20 pm

I stand corrected :oops: :oops: :oops:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:52 pm

If we are going to have fireworks being let off before next weeks league opener, then we need something better than that, surely :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:If we are going to have fireworks being let off before next weeks league opener, then we need something better than that, surely :lol:

how about svens x girlfriends with all the frillies :) :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:If we are going to have fireworks being let off before next weeks league opener, then we need something better than that, surely :lol:

I'm sure we'd prefer to see some 'fireworks' on the pitch
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Splodge wrote:Think the lit firework on the pitch came from a Barrow fan, and was unrelated to the centre circle pyrotechnics.

yeah I was that too
heysham_mfc

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 pm

The Fireworks on Saturday were indeed organised by the Football Club. It will become a feature at every game played at Christie Park during this historic final season. Saturday was very much a fact finding and dress rehearsal and not everything went to plan. Both the football Club and the company providing the fireworks have made observations and we are both confident that it will become an excellent addition to the pre match entertainment once the season kicks off.

In view of the minutes applause for the very sad passing of Sir Bobby Robson, prior to this weeks game v Hereford, It has been decided not to have the fireworks for the first game. They will return for the game versus Macclesfield on the 22nd.

I appreciate that this may not be everyones idea of entertainment and we have had both very positive and negative feedback. It remains the intention of the Football Club to make this year as memorable as possible and definately a celebration at every opportunity. I am not going to be able to satisfy everyone all of the time and make no apologies for that fact either. I would however like to think that the superb fans of this wonderful club might embrace the different ideas that are introduced from time to time and wait until the end of this historic year before forming an opinion on how successful/entertaining the "End of an Era" initiatives have been.

Commercial Dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby halfwayliner » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Fair play to you Morecambe fc. Well done for keeping us all informed and Good Luck for all the new ventures. :)
halfwayliner

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 pm

...my concern is the cost to our club. If it's only small then no problem but if it's costing a few bob then I think the money could be better spent.

However appreciate that the club are trying something different. Maybe some useful PR/TV coverage to be had?

One thing for sure it will look pretty spectacular before night games, assuming that they get it all sorted.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 am

Christies Child wrote:...my concern is the cost to our club. If it's only small then no problem but if it's costing a few bob then I think the money could be better spent.

However appreciate that the club are trying something different. Maybe some useful PR/TV coverage to be had?

One thing for sure it will look pretty spectacular before night games, assuming that they get it all sorted.

They are fine tuning the heat seeking rockets for Neds head behind the dugout, a few bob well spent I.M.O. :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:49 am

Morecambe FC wrote:The Fireworks on Saturday were indeed organised by the Football Club. It will become a feature at every game played at Christie Park during this historic final season. Saturday was very much a fact finding and dress rehearsal and not everything went to plan. Both the football Club and the company providing the fireworks have made observations and we are both confident that it will become an excellent addition to the pre match entertainment once the season kicks off.

In view of the minutes applause for the very sad passing of Sir Bobby Robson, prior to this weeks game v Hereford, It has been decided not to have the fireworks for the first game. They will return for the game versus Macclesfield on the 22nd.

I appreciate that this may not be everyones idea of entertainment and we have had both very positive and negative feedback. It remains the intention of the Football Club to make this year as memorable as possible and definately a celebration at every opportunity. I am not going to be able to satisfy everyone all of the time and make no apologies for that fact either. I would however like to think that the superb fans of this wonderful club might embrace the different ideas that are introduced from time to time and wait until the end of this historic year before forming an opinion on how successful/entertaining the "End of an Era" initiatives have been.

Commercial Dept.

Hi Mark , Whilst on the subject of entertainment . Have you or are you looking for ideas as what to do on the last day of the season . I know it is early days yet but these things take some planning and people or things need booking in advance if we are going to have something Spectacular. :?: . Or is it a BIG SECRET ;)
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:00 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:...my concern is the cost to our club. If it's only small then no problem but if it's costing a few bob then I think the money could be better spent.

They are fine tuning the heat seeking rockets for Neds head behind the dugout, a few bob well spent I.M.O. :lol:

...problem is though that Ned has an invisible protective shield that surrounds him thereby ensuring that any flack or whatever thrown his way, simply bounces off him and has virtually no effect what so ever.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 pm

parceldave wrote:Have you or are you looking for ideas as what to do on the last day of the season . I know it is early days yet but these things take some planning and people or things need booking in advance if we are going to have something Spectacular. :?: . Or is it a BIG SECRET ;)

I certainly hope there is some planning taking place already. I'd like to see the last Player of the Year awards back to being the evening directly after the last match, this season as a definite!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:30 pm

All squashed into JB's :lol: I'll dig out the photos from the last JB's presentation evening, a complete waste of time because no one beyond about the front 4 rows could hear a thing.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 pm

We could of course have the biggest outside BBQ ever seen in the town with the PA being used to announce the various winners......after all we wouldn 't need to worry about the pitch and it might not be a bad time to raffle off bits and pieces.

I'll be putting in a bid for the Managers Office sign..... :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:We could of course have the biggest outside BBQ ever seen in the town with the PA being used to announce the various winners...

That was pretty much what I was thinking! BBQ, bouncy castle, fans on the pitch. If wet, we can all sit in the stand and cry. Plans to take in to account we may be in the play offs, so the last game may not have been decided yet. I can imagine that if the weather is good, people just won't want to go home!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

As long as there's a decent enough pause between the final whistle and the BBQ so we're not done for a pitch invasion :lol:
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

...and easy to put off if we are in the play offs. It could after all be one hell of a celebration party if we managed to get promotion as well! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:...and easy to put off if we are in the play offs. It could after all be one hell of a celebration party if we managed to get promotion as well! 8-) 8-) 8-)

if we did make the play offs I hope we play the away tie first as it would be fitting to have a double celebration of all the years at Christie Park plus reaching Wembley all in one big celebration
heysham_mfc

Postby outsider » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Why not just make it down the road a bit at the new place on the last Saturday of the season, as a grand opening?

out with the old and in with the new all in the same day?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Gnasher » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Conga from old to new .....
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Next

Return to General Discussion