not so "friendly"prices

not so "friendly"prices

Postby the stowford press » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:07 pm

watched tranmere game midweek and very impressed with performance,couldnt say same bout cost to get in,cheaper to watch premier league friendlies.Five pound for adults and a quid for kids,bit of advertising bout it and bingo,impressive crowd to watch instead of empty stands all round.Pre-season not about prising as much as you can out of supporters hands,do the decent thing morecambe,theres a recession on!
the stowford press

Re: not so "friendly"prices

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:18 pm

the stowford press wrote:watched tranmere game midweek and very impressed with performance,couldnt say same bout cost to get in,cheaper to watch premier league friendlies.Five pound for adults and a quid for kids,bit of advertising bout it and bingo,impressive crowd to watch instead of empty stands all round.Pre-season not about prising as much as you can out of supporters hands,do the decent thing morecambe,theres a recession on!

glad you were impressed with the performance but mfc are a Financially small club in the league, i dont think £5 a ticket is expensive and they need all the revenue they can muster :)

what does a pint of bitter cost ;) :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 pm

the stowford press wrote:watched tranmere game midweek and very impressed with performance,couldnt say same bout cost to get in,cheaper to watch premier league friendlies.Five pound for adults and a quid for kids,bit of advertising bout it and bingo,impressive crowd to watch instead of empty stands all round.Pre-season not about prising as much as you can out of supporters hands,do the decent thing morecambe,theres a recession on!

Simply Nedative post this. Didn't you know the price beforehand? There's been enough on SVs telling people of the prices for pre-season.

Having said all that, excellent nights entertainment...wouldn't you agree?

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Simply Nedative post this. Didn't you know the price beforehand? There's been enough on SVs telling people of the prices for pre-season.

Having said all that, excellent nights entertainment...wouldn't you agree?

;) ;) ;)

value for money i would say,anyone care to agree ;) ;) ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Agreed, i think the club have pitched the prices well considering the calibre of opponents we have seen at CP. Although results haven't gone our way i thought that testing ourselves now against higher league clubs will pay dividends during the coming season, Bring it on i say i look forward to the new season with renewed optimism after the tranmere game ;) ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby the stowford press » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:08 am

shrimpnsave wrote:

glad you were impressed with the performance but mfc are a Financially small club in the league, i dont think £5 a ticket is expensive and they need all the revenue they can muster :)

what does a pint of bitter cost ;) :)
the stowford press

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:57 am

£5 is perfectly reasonable for the standard of teams,some people never happy
scalehallshrimp

Postby 1953 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:17 am

I feel that i must agree with "stowford press".
To watch an advanced training session with changes at half time ,making a mockery of a true reflection of our overall performance---- £2/£3 would have been adeqate.
YOULD WOULD GET MORE PEOPLE TO COME ALONG AT THESE PRICES.

Postby bigreddog » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 am

Ian Craney's second goal was worth the admission price on it's own. One of the best goals/bits of skill I've ever seen at Christie Park. A sign of things to come hopefully. Moreover on the value for money point I bought the pre-season season ticket which we've been asking for for years, the club listened and I put my hand in my pocket.

Reasonably priced and well written match programme, best pies in the country, well priced cheeseburgers for half time and good football to boot, Morecambe Football Club is the very model of value for money.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 am

1953 wrote:I feel that i must agree with "stowford press".
To watch an advanced training session with changes at half time ,making a mockery of a true reflection of our overall performance---- £2/£3 would have been adeqate.

Just about the cost of a fish at Harry's..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:40 am

1953 wrote:I feel that i must agree with "stowford press".

realy don't think we would get many more for a couple of quid change in the price we don't have a big support anyway so we are bound to get low attendances anyway.
heysham_mfc

Postby 1953 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:47 am

Conversations i have with fellow supporters do not support that view.More would come along curious to see the new blood and how they mix.

Postby bigreddog » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:40 am

What you're asking for, a reduction from £5 to £3 a ticket, is a reduction of 40% in the price requiring an increase in custom of 66%. Do you really think there were an extra 350 people available on tuesday who would have come if we'd dropped the price?
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby forkyphil » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:52 am

so how much is it in today against the mighty barrow
forkyphil

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:28 pm

£5 is very reasonable plus the club have to make some money in these games also there was a discount of 25% avilable in the club shop for pre season games
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 pm

The people backing the club against press on this obviously are missing his point as , if they think it was a fiver in are wrong, it was 8 to 10 quid a pop, four quid for kids, thats why the matches were badly attended, the games were as over priced as the cheap cider that press has named himself after, do they market their cheap muck as, expensive coz no one drinks it :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:The people backing the club against press on this obviously are missing his point as , if they think it was a fiver in are wrong, it was 8 to 10 quid a pop, four quid for kids, thats why the matches were badly attended, the games were as over priced as the cheap cider that press has named himself after, do they market their cheap muck as, expensive coz no one drinks it :?: :?:

I don't belive ticket prices were the reason the games had low attendances otherwise we would not have seen ther turn out we did against Burnley which cost the most out of all the pre season games to attend I belive the reson was poor publicity not many people apart from those who attend Morecambe matches on a regular basis knew who and when we were playing because of this people who might have gone to watch did not do so because they didn't know that there was a game on
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 pm

There are a vast number of fans who never go to pre-season games, but come Saturday they will be there.

Same through out football, so we are no different.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Sorry mr cc i am new to the board, but not to christie park, i have had a childs season ticket for 3 years, i am 11, i was lucky enough to attend the pre season matches but alot of my pals didnt, 4 quid a kid is too much, my dad pays for us both, and i have brothers, so he pays for things for them too they dont like football, luckily for dad.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 pm

BIG RED DOG WROTE

What you're asking for, a reduction from £5 to £3 a ticket, is a reduction of 40% in the price requiring an increase in custom of 66%. Do you really think there were an extra 350 people available on tuesday who would have come if we'd dropped the price?

SO HE OBVIOUSLY NEVER ATTENDED A FRIENDLY AS THE CHEAPEST ONE WAS EIGHT QUID PER ADULT!!!

NOT FIVE!!!

Oh and whilst we are on the subject , the only reason we had a good tornout against burnley was because every area of the ground was dominated by burnley fans, population to fan wise, they probably have the best ratio in the world :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Oh and whilst we are on the subject , the only reason we had a good tornout against burnley was because every area of the ground was dominated by burnley fans, population to fan wise, they probably have the best ratio in the world

hi new user on the board,why dont you ask your dad for an increase in your pocket money so you can come to the game and enjoy the game instead of slagging people off on this forum or you could get a part time job as a bar maid
shrimpnsave

Postby mrg1309 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:BIG RED DOG WROTE

SO HE OBVIOUSLY NEVER ATTENDED A FRIENDLY AS THE CHEAPEST ONE WAS EIGHT QUID PER ADULT!!!

NOT FIVE!!!

Wasn't the Barrow game £6 and £3?
I might be mistaken though, my memory's not so good sometimes :)
mrg1309

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Were talkin about £1 or £2 here,what is the point :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:47 pm

[quote="shrimpnsave"]Were talkin about £1 or £2 here,what is the point :?:[/quote
have i been edited :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby feelingguilty » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:33 am

The reality is people dont care about pre season friendlies. I havent been to a single one. Thats not because its £5 - its because I live 100 miles away and its not worth the hassle for a game that not even the manager cares whether we win or loose as long as we gain fitness and learn from it.

Pre seasonm friendlies are not about the fans - they are all about getting ready for Saturday when the results matter. The club just happen to raise some cash in the meantime - £2 / £3 / £4 / £5 / £6 - dont think the crowd would change one bit. Had it been free I still wouldnt of made the effort neither would a lot of others.

Look at Saturday - the price will be over twice as high and the crowd will be four times higher (hopefully) - I will be there as its worth making the effort. Its not about the price but people cant be bothered about games with no passion - you are loosing 1-0 with 10 mins to go? What should the manager do? bring the sub on? Answer you cant because you used all seven at half time!!!
feelingguilty

Next

Return to General Discussion