Dave Edge

Dave Edge

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:36 am

We have removed previous threads etc about Dave Edge because speculation about why he has left could cause problems if the rumours are true.

So, as long as no one speculates as to why Dave has left, please feel free to comment responsibly.

Personally I'd like to thank Dave for the many years of service that he has given to the club. I can't remember when he joined the staff but I'd guess it is about twenty years ago. I'd like to wish him all the best in the future.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Dave Edge

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:47 am

Whatever the reasons for David no longer being associated with our club, it shouldn't preclude us from thanking him for the tremendous contribution he has made to our success over the years.

David has seen numerous managers come and go, never mind the number of players who have benefitted from his skills. It's to his credit that he developed a team of assistants who are now either still with the club or have developed their own careers having benefitted from his expertise.

I've known David since our school days at Skerton Secondary Modern (or whatever it's called these days) and I can only wish him well for his future.

Thanks David...it's been good to know ya!

I'll certainly miss our little chats at the training ground in Preston.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 pm

yes thanks Dave for all of the hard work you have put in over the years goodbye and goodluck in the future.
THERES ONLY ONE JIM ROYLE :D :!:
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Dave's a legend

Years ago I drove him mad with my mystery knee problem but eventualy he worked it out and sorted me out.

He will be a big loss round the club and in the dressing room.

Was it Dave that was very influential in the Gary Dulla game getting old players back.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:41 pm

I can tell you Keith exactly when Dave took over the physio's duties.

We were on our way back from an away game on the team coach from god knows where (Shepshed Charterhouse perhaps) around November 1988, shortly after Uncle Eric Whalley's departure. Steve O'Brien, who Eric had brought in as a new physio to replace Colne bound Bob Lockwood, announced he too would now be leaving the club during the journey homeward. Edgy, who was also on the coach for whatever reason seemed to be the instant replacement as I recall.

He had of course been involved with the club prior to this, leading the reserves to the Lancashire League Division 2 Championship in 1983/84 season.

A top bloke, always goes out of his way to say hello. I'm very surprised the club hasn't even given a notification of his departure and a thank you, even though I can understand perhaps they can't comment on the reasons as to why
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Edgie Edgie Edgie Edgie

Not the quickest but a true legend
broadwayshrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Theres only one Jim Royle!

Didn't Dave once manage the first team in between managers, only for the game to be postponed and a permanent manager installed before the next game?
RedRedWine1

Postby Posh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I'm very surprised the club hasn't even given a notification of his departure and a thank you, even though I can understand perhaps they can't comment on the reasons as to why

As a moderator of Shrimpsvoices I asked an official of the club to explain the circumstances as far as they could and so we could understand how to best handle any issues related to this topic.

Simply put the matter isn't closed from a legal and/or contractual perspective. Consequently if the club were to issue any statement then it may prejudice anything that took place at a later date.

The club is doing entirely the right thing even if the external perception isn't brilliant, which simply can't be helped.

I hope you understand and will let the matter lie until the club are in a position to comment.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Understand fully Posh.

Thank you for the update and information.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 pm

allways a hit on away days as well
heysham_mfc

Postby ftm » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm

posh

20 years plus in any job...

im sorry but people will ask why.

the more the quiet, the more the rumours.

:o
ftm

Postby DMC » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Great guy and a legend - hope he gets a better send off than was given to JH
DMC

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 pm

ftm wrote:posh

20 years plus in any job...

im sorry but people will ask why.

the more the quiet, the more the rumours.

:o

Posh wrote:Simply put the matter isn't closed from a legal and/or contractual perspective. Consequently if the club were to issue any statement then it may prejudice anything that took place at a later date.

...note the LEGAL bit? This thread is not the place to speculate or ask questions.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ftm » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 pm

legal bit noted.

oh

tell me where the legal bit comes in legal eagle?
ftm

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:00 pm

we need to move on from this,dave edge has left and we have a new pysio,

the club wiil let us know in due course
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Number 1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Best wishes to Edgy in whatever he decides to do in the future. He'll be missed by lots of people for different reasons.

There is no reason for any rumours to circulate. Both Edgy and the club have said nothing and there's no reason to make anything up. If you have any respect for Edgy then you will accept this. Similarly, if you have any respect for the people running the club (and lets face it, they've not done too bad so far have they?) then again you will accept that at present they are both keeping their counsel and once this legal/contractual situation as described has been resolved, I'm sure that there will be some form of announcement which should clarify matters.

For us fans, in some ways, it's a little like a sudden death in the family, no one knows how or why it's happened, and until they know, there's no closure there and they are still wondering and all kinds of things go through the mind. That's perhaps a little drastic, but I think it gets the point across. I have no clue how or why Edgy has gone but respect both him and the club enough to not perpetuate stories about it.

It's just a case of being patient until such time as an official announcement is made either by Edgy, the club, or, of course, jointly.
Number 1

Postby ockers » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:43 pm

so shouldnt this be a locked thread?????
END OF.............
ockers

Postby USA Shrimp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 pm

We're trying to let folk talk about this and hoping sanity and common sense prevails. If we lock this thread someone else can just open another one. As long as everyone steers clear of any speculation and comment about reasons for Edgey leaving we'll be okay.
USA Shrimp

Postby Posh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:27 am

ftm wrote:tell me where the legal bit comes in legal eagle?

Legal from law in this case employment law. Give it a rest eh?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Richard Head » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:49 pm

A top bloke. I remember him from his days as goalkeeper at Milnthorpe Corinthians. He was a mechanic in those days. I cant remember how or when he became a physio
Richard Head

Postby San Miguel » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Hola! remember Dave well, he used to work at GPO workshops as mechanic even then he used to wear rubber gloves!! Some things never change.
All the best Dave. Hasta luego.
San Miguel

Postby Abbo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Went to tnt's game and i think City's physio is even "bigger" than Dave ??????
Abbo

Postby Bryan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 pm

Can't be many physio's that are as popular as Edgy in football anywhere. Do most footie fans actually know the name of their own physio? Been a great servant to the club and seems to have been around for ever. Provided a great laff wherever we've been and always took it in great humour.
Bryan

Postby billybonz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:42 am

Always remember him doing a "sumo" to you fat b*****d shouting Chester fans. A true legend

:lol:
billybonz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:29 pm

billybonz wrote:Always remember him doing a "sumo" to you fat b*****d shouting Chester fans. A true legend

:lol:

was that not at Lincoln
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion