Colin Larkin

Colin Larkin

Postby Abbo » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Sammy must be going to sign him otherwise whats the point in playing him in the friendlies ????
Abbo

Re: Colin Larkin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Sammy will only sign trialists who impress. Mark Lillis said that 'cause Larkin picked up an injury v Burnley that he had to be given another chance to impress.

I think he's worth a 3 month contract to see how he fairs but with possibly another signing it maybe that finances dictate. However whatever happens I wouldn't be suprised if some of the current squad are available for loan. For me, we are talking about Mr T, Aaron, Hunter and possibly Arts.

Let's just hope that Jimbo has no problems once he starts competition again.

But with 7 subs this season, there may be bench seats for the younger and future MFC players.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Abbo » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Fair comments
Abbo

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:54 pm

id only want him, if we made room for him by getting rid of one of our own strikers

don't want to bigger squad for the obvious reasons with last season
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:28 pm

DawZi wrote:id only want him, if we made room for him by getting rid of one of our own strikers

don't want to bigger squad for the obvious reasons with last season

toataly agree send Jevons back :shock: :roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:Sammy will only sign trialists who impress. Mark Lillis said that 'cause Larkin picked up an injury v Burnley that he had to be given another chance to impress.

I think he's worth a 3 month contract to see how he fairs but with possibly another signing it maybe that finances dictate. However whatever happens I wouldn't be suprised if some of the current squad are available for loan. For me, we are talking about Mr T, Aaron, Hunter and possibly Arts.

Let's just hope that Jimbo has no problems once he starts competition again.

But with 7 subs this season, there may be bench seats for the younger and future MFC players.

I dont think either Mr T or Arts will be going out on loan. I think Arts is one of the first names on the teamsheet and is ahead of Henry IMHO.

Mr T has looked good in pre season and with 7 on the bench he would be the ideal impact sub.

For me the players for loaning out would be McLachlan , Hunter , Taylor and Curtis. I would only loan Wayne out if another decent striker comes in though.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I've liked what I've seen of Pop Larkin so far. The turn and shot for his goal was quality, and his overall interplay has improved as he's got to know the other players. If we do get another striker (which sounds likely) then it would make sense to loan out a few, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Remember there were games last season when we couldn't put out a full set of subs.

we've got what looks like a very very good/competitive midfield, so there is an obvious by-product to that. personaly though I think Fraser does a very important screening job, and though unapreciated by some still has an important role, especially in away games. But let's see what Sammy does.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Mark S » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Keep seeing this 'Get rid' phrase and got to say I find it offensive and disrepectful. Be thankful that your Boss is not allowed to just 'Get rid' of you.
Mark S

Postby Abbo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:17 am

Why "get rid" of any of the first team squad, we have the makings of a good first 11 so surely we need a strong selection of subs ???
Abbo

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 am

and can you just think all hell would break lose if we 'get rid' of a striker
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 am

I think one or two may be allowed to go out on loan - in which case it's a matter of which clubs are interested in taking them and making a contribution to their wages in return.

When he looks at them Sammy will have to decide which of the ones not likely to be on the first 11 team-sheet might make an impact from the bench, or which can cover a variety of positions. That's why I think Hunter might stay, to bring on against tired legs.

Wayne might be allowed to go to Barrow, I suppose.

I reckon we may still be trying to get in one more striker. If we do then we may let Larkin go, if not then I'd take him but I'd try to get some deal that protects us against his injuries that seem to have cropped up too often. Looks a decent player, though.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion