Grant Holt

Grant Holt

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Grant Holt in talks with Norwich City about a possible transfer from Shrewsbury and Notts County rumoured to be looking at him also. Fee rumoured to be around £500,000 and as he has 2 years left on his contract and as they recently turned down £250,000 for him I don't think it will be far off the mark. Shrewsbury fans are not happy at the moment as Simpson appears to have broken up a very good team and brought in his own men including Chis Neal as the Shrews new No.1 goal keeper from Preston. Chris has never to date played a league football game for any club although some might remember him from being on the bench for the Shrimps at Wembley on loan from Preston. Alot of money on offer for Holt but will it do them any good? The morale is not good down here at the moment and I'm loving it. Up the Shrimps and welcome on board Ian Craney/Phil Jevons!
nobbyshrimp

Re: Grant Holt

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am

I would snap their hands off for £500,000!
What you could buy with that... :|
Duffy could be the next Carl baker i guess and we could cash in on him for a hefty sum if he plays well! :mrgreen:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:40 pm

Indeed Holt is on his way out
http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/07/2 ... bury-town/

The Shrews M.D. has also left by mutual agreement 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:08 pm

:lol:
Not a happy ship at all :lol: MD resigns, Holt accepts Norwich without speaking with Simpson, Humphrey walks out, doesn't accept new contract offer and accepts move to Scotland, Pugh asks to have his contract terminated and then moves to Hereford, Walker moves to Burton, Ben Davies turns down new contract and accepts move to Notts County and Darren Moss moves onward and upward to the mighty Morecambe :!: Not forgetting Luke Daniels the excellent goalie who they had on-loan from West Brom last year who according to Simpson 'can't come back to us as West Brom won't allow it'. Thats strange as West Brom renewed his contract with them and then sent him back out on loan to Tranmere!! Good old Simpson at his best. What a busy little bee he has been :lol:
nobbyshrimp

Return to General Discussion