Just when you thought I had overlooked the teams performance

Postby Ned » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:27 pm

As we are all aware at this time of the season we are subject to the usual fail safe statements i.e.` pre season is all about fitness, results are not important, its to do with fitness and formations, we have lost to a quality side’.

Well I think after 3 matches most supporters will agree we have seen very little in the performance dept to suggest the team is going in the right direction. We have been comprehensively outplayed by 2 league teams and only managed a close win against a part time non league team 2 divisions below us were it was hard to spot the difference in standard between the teams.

We are constantly being told to have faith in the manager who is looking to improve the team’s finishing position from last season. From what we have seen so far it is becoming more evident that the manager may yet again have misjudged the amount of strengthening required as some of his regulars are starting to fray at the edges. There are of course those dreamers who still believe those old chestnuts Twiss, Curtis, Taylor and Hunter are the answer when in truth they would struggle to make an impact in Conference North.

On a more positive note let us hope the manager comes through albeit with new additions or by introducing revolutionary new training methods that can make players run faster, make accurate forward passes and increase their ball control by 60%. Meanwhile it would be good if the manager reassured us he was aware of the poor performances and was prepared if necessary to take appropriate action in all areas of the team to ensure we remained competitive. Unfortunately this manager is unlikely to go public whilst we are under performing and also because Irish managers in general working for English clubs do not excel in PR with supporters.
Ned

Re: Just when you thought I had overlooked the teams performance

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:29 pm

:roll:
Weetabix Kid

Postby wijit » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Ned, can I just say, and I like to think I speak for many, that you are irrelevant?
wijit

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Yawn

Get a grip man, it's ridiculous to pass judgement on your team during pre-season friendlies, especially in your pathetic way.

:evil:
Bare Ben

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 pm

If ned has been to all the games he is entitled to an opinion.

Though i must say, the amount of moaning would make radioned a better user name :lol: :lol:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Mark S » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Goodness me! You really are on an ego trip arent you? :o

You are right! We were all here waiting for your verdict Ned. :lol:

A bit sad if you ask me. :cry:
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :(

It's not often that words fail me, but congrats you've managed what some would say was impossible.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 pm

WORDS LIKE THIS :?: :?: :?:

...'cause we can't pass forward.....can't create any danger....and most certainly can't bloody shoot.

Sorry, but today was absolute dire!

People said O'Carroll wasn't good enough, well what was on show today from the strikers certainly puts O'Carroll head and shoulders above any that we have at the moment.

Unless the Board give Sammy the cash to go and get a striker(s) this season is going to be very, very difficult.

I just hope that our pre-season form isn't carried through to when the real action starts.

Postby ockers » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:24 pm

[quote="Simply Ned"]
As we are all aware at this time of the season we are subject to the usual fail safe statements i.e.` pre season is all about fitness, results are not important, its to do with fitness and formations, we have lost to a quality side’.

Well I think after 3 matches most supporters will agree we have seen very little in the performance dept to suggest the team is going in the right direction.

just keep your postings to what you feel whoever you are

youre not qualified to speak for anyone else but yourself so dont make big assumptions
ockers

Postby campdave » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 am

Simply Ned wrote: Unfortunately this manager is unlikely to go public whilst we are under performing and also because Irish managers in general working for English clubs do not excel in PR with supporters.

WTF? Would be really nice if you could explain that comment, though I suspect this will be another hit and run thread from you, as usual.
Last edited by campdave on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
campdave

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:14 am

Martin O'Neil does ok
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:27 am

campdave wrote:
Simply Ned wrote: Unfortunately this manager is unlikely to go public whilst we are under performing and also because Irish managers in general working for English clubs do not excel in PR with supporters.

WTF? Would be really nice if you could explain that comment, though I suspect this will be another hit and run thread from you, as usual.

For once I'm totally in agreement with CampDave on this. I find the comment about Irish managers insulting and whilst I've had issues regarding playing style with Sammy in the past I hope that I've nevered lowered myself to that of Simply Ned.

It would be interesting to determine exactly what SN's real agenda is?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:12 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:If ned has been to all the games he is entitled to an opinion.

Though i must say, the amount of moaning would make radioned a better user name :lol: :lol:

NEDISDEAD would make a better headline, he won't be welcome in Ma Murphys again :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Abbo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 am

Now i thought i was good (together with CC) at ailianating myself at times on here but this guy is in a class of his own, but i must admit he's very good at getting under peoples skin and getting your backs up, but there are certain things he SOMETIMES say's that i might just agree with but certainly not the irish bit.
Abbo

Postby shrimper » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 am

Quote CC
It would be interesting to determine exactly what SN's real agenda is?

Abbo wrote:he's very good at getting under peoples skin and getting your backs up, .

There's the question and the answer.

I do enjoy Ned's contributions and think the board is a livelier place for them.

But just to remind people that he said similar things early last season (when we went on to achieve the highest ever league position in our little club's history) AND half way through the season in which we were promoted to the Football League.

I suppose if you keep on saying negative things long enough there's always a chance that one season your negativity will prove to be well-founded and you can claim you were right all along.

I just hope that if that does ever happen, people will remember all the very many times it's been proved completely unfounded and unfair.

At the moment I reckon it's about six-nil to the 'naive, rose-tinted specs' brigade.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Abbo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:10 am

I find Ned quite entertaining at times, keep it going matey !!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby Number 1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Simply Ned wrote:As we are all aware at this time of the season we are subject to the usual fail safe statements i.e.` pre season is all about fitness, results are not important, its to do with fitness and formations, we have lost to a quality side’.

Well I think after 3 matches most supporters will agree we have seen very little in the performance dept to suggest the team is going in the right direction. We have been comprehensively outplayed by 2 league teams and only managed a close win against a part time non league team 2 divisions below us were it was hard to spot the difference in standard between the teams.

We are constantly being told to have faith in the manager who is looking to improve the team’s finishing position from last season. From what we have seen so far it is becoming more evident that the manager may yet again have misjudged the amount of strengthening required as some of his regulars are starting to fray at the edges. There are of course those dreamers who still believe those old chestnuts Twiss, Curtis, Taylor and Hunter are the answer when in truth they would struggle to make an impact in Conference North.

On a more positive note let us hope the manager comes through albeit with new additions or by introducing revolutionary new training methods that can make players run faster, make accurate forward passes and increase their ball control by 60%. Meanwhile it would be good if the manager reassured us he was aware of the poor performances and was prepared if necessary to take appropriate action in all areas of the team to ensure we remained competitive. Unfortunately this manager is unlikely to go public whilst we are under performing and also because Irish managers in general working for English clubs do not excel in PR with supporters.

Now I've read that, I feel....

Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Number 1 wrote:
Now I've read that, I feel....

At least you can be content that you are well hung :!:
marky No.1

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:43 pm

In my opinion Ned is good for this board. He provokes thoughtful discussion and dissolves the mildew. Its better than being a load of boring sycophants licking each other's faces.

It might be pre-season but surely the players need to get their fitness and confidence together before the results matter? And a run of entertaining friendly wins might just get a few new people excited about watching the team.
Joel Ninety

Postby Mark S » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 am

Joel Ninety wrote:In my opinion Ned is good for this board. He provokes thoughtful discussion and dissolves the mildew. Its better than being a load of boring sycophants licking each other's faces.

It might be pre-season but surely the players need to get their fitness and confidence together before the results matter? And a run of entertaining friendly wins might just get a few new people excited about watching the team.

Joel if you hadnt been poncing around drinking shandy ;) , and had been up at The Pie, you would have seen that the matches so far have featured an average of four triallists or new comers and the spine of the team is injured. I dont think 'entertaining wins', as spiffing as they would be are on the cards at the moment.

Thoughtful discussion my arse! What Ned does is provoke angry reaction. Which is exactly what he is aiming for. My worry is that it is all going to his heead.

Sycophants? As a Man Utd fan? Nice try! :lol:
Mark S

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 am

Oh Mark, you joker. I drink some of the finest shandies in the world on a daily basis, that is indeed true. I have tasted things you people wouldn't believe. (Blade Runner reference)

Granted, I haven't been to any games yet because I am poncing around elsewhere. If we're not playing like a team because none of the actual contracted squad is on the pitch then its no wonder we look crap and everyone should understand that. Just turn up for the pies and a chat with your homeboys.
Joel Ninety

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 am

Joel Ninety wrote:licking each other's faces.

Well you certainly have the Avator for that :!:

Joel Ninety wrote:no wonder we look crap

Come on, you can't say that if you hav'nt seen a game yet :roll:

Heresay is a marvellous pastime, get a grip - or a shandy in your case :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am

I shall get a shandy, don't you worry.

And I'm clearly commenting on the performances having read this forum and spoken to my brother, whose opinion I trust. He drinks mead by the way.
Joel Ninety

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 am

Joel Ninety wrote:I shall get a shandy, don't you worry.

And I'm clearly commenting on the performances having read this forum and spoken to my brother, whose opinion I trust. He drinks mead by the way.

Six goals conceded, two shots on target and no strikers of quality in the two games I've seen.

So in summary Joel you're wrong!!!! I actually go along for pie, chips, peas and gravy and banter with mates. How dare you forget the chips, peas and gravy?

Poor in pre-season, superb in the League or good in pre-season and pants in the League that's the Morecambe I know. Promotion contenders we are. Whatever, pre-season matters for nowt compared to the real thing.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 pm

As long as we win the league I am happy.
Joel Ninety

Next

Return to General Discussion