gavin strachan

gavin strachan

Postby mainstand » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:01 pm

we should sign gavin strachan who is a free agent
mainstand

Re: gavin strachan

Postby BLS BOY » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:02 pm

not sure about him, has the experience but could turn into another 10 games a season man, what with all the injury problems he's had recently.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby steve mfc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:38 pm

I don't think he would be an improvement on what we have at the moment, not sure Sammy is even after a midfielder. If he was i would prefer him to go for someone a bit younger with a bit of pace. Has Jimmy Ryan at Accy signed that contract that he was offered yet ?.
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

steve mfc wrote:I don't think he would be an improvement on what we have at the moment, not sure Sammy is even after a midfielder. If he was i would prefer him to go for someone a bit younger with a bit of pace. Has Jimmy Ryan at Accy signed that contract that he was offered yet ?.

Even the Stanley fans are not so sure. The last I heard was that he'd been offered a new cotract but was still to sign. Maybe with the financial crisis at Accy he wants to wait to see what else turns up......Sammy Mc with ring master Graham Hodgson leading the negotiations?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Christies Child wrote:
steve mfc wrote:I don't think he would be an improvement on what we have at the moment, not sure Sammy is even after a midfielder. If he was i would prefer him to go for someone a bit younger with a bit of pace. Has Jimmy Ryan at Accy signed that contract that he was offered yet ?.

Even the Stanley fans are not so sure. The last I heard was that he'd been offered a new cotract but was still to sign. Maybe with the financial crisis at Accy he wants to wait to see what else turns up......Sammy Mc with ring master Graham Hodgson leading the negotiations?

Certainly impressed me when we played them, only 20 years old , can score goals as well 9 from 43 starts. I would imagine we could offer him a better deal than Accy could at the moment.
steve mfc

Postby james456 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

If Strachan is barely good enough to be a fringe player at a lower league side, I don't think he's worth investing in.
james456

Return to General Discussion