Chicken or the Egg .....

Chicken or the Egg .....

Postby parceldave » Sun May 10, 2009 11:39 am

If we want to attract bigger crowds next season we need something or someone to get them here and entertain them , like a 20 + goal a seson striker BUT ! In order to get the quality we need we need to bring in the extra revenue from gate receipts SO . Do we splash out on the old credit card or live within our means :?:
parceldave

Re: Chicken or the Egg .....

Postby The Red Knight » Sun May 10, 2009 11:55 am

Live within our means.

There's no argument to be had. Spending money we don't have will only end in tears.

That hasn't stopped us for the past 5 years or so though so I'd expect we will be splashing out again this Summer and you could argue we have speculated to accumulate.

You can only worry what state we would be in now if we hadn't got promoted and Peter McGuigan pulled his money out. We may have been looking at a derby against Southport next season.
The Red Knight

Postby Keith » Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm

The Red Knight wrote:Live within our means.

There's no argument to be had. Spending money we don't have will only end in tears.

That hasn't stopped us for the past 5 years or so though so I'd expect we will be splashing out again this Summer and you could argue we have speculated to accumulate.

You can only worry what state we would be in now if we hadn't got promoted and Peter McGuigan pulled his money out. We may have been looking at a derby against Southport next season.

Live within our means, 100%. Football is littered with the wreckage of big egos or bigger dreams. Ask Darlington fans if they wished they lived within their means. Fans of clubs that may not even exist soon. The fans will come, slowly but surely. 1000% increase from the early 1980's
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun May 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Keith wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:Live within our means.

Live within our means, 100%. Football is littered with the wreckage of big egos or bigger dreams. Ask Darlington fans if they wished they lived within their means. Fans of clubs that may not even exist soon. The fans will come, slowly but surely. 1000% increase from the early 1980's

So Michael Owen or Carlos Tevez are out of the question then :o
parceldave

Postby campdave » Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 pm

parceldave wrote:Do we splash out on the old credit card or live within our means :?:

Worked well for Leeds, so I say give it a shot.
campdave

Postby Crimson Crust » Sun May 10, 2009 3:18 pm

campdave wrote:
parceldave wrote:Do we splash out on the old credit card or live within our means :?:

Worked well for Leeds, so I say give it a shot.

But they got egg on their faces! :roll:
Crimson Crust

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 10, 2009 5:00 pm

We have plenty of money so i wouldn't worry about anything like that happening.
Sammy h

Postby bigreddog » Sun May 10, 2009 5:16 pm

We live within our means and use our contacts to pick up a couple of bargains in the summer. we may not be able to offer massive wages but lots of players released will be looking for more than just big money, they'll want stability, especially for their families.

The good thing is that our means will be better when the new stadium opens. so slowly slowly catchy monkey.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Curly » Sun May 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Sammy h wrote:We have plenty of money so i wouldn't worry about anything like that happening.

So how did we record a loss of £200,000 this year? :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Mark S » Sun May 10, 2009 7:59 pm

I dont know who it was that coined the phrase 'debt free' but I dont think it has done the club any favours.

Technically we are debt free at the moment with the Sainsbusry's deal sorted, but in real terms we are bleeding money year after year. To the tune of around £250k from what I understand.

This year we have seen the average gate deplete massively and that hurts.

Dont be in any doubt that without certain Directors generousity we would be scuppered.

Every fan through the gate counts. Every revenue stream counts. If we were a business relying on custom, we would be gone.

This 'debt free, we are a prudent viable business' perception that we have is very false.

Yes please, live within our means and survive.

As Campdave said, look at Leeds. For somewhere closer to home, look at Darlington. New Stadium or no New stadium, we do not have any money.

The best thing we can do (even in this economic climate marky) is support the best we can with attendance and merchandise, or even better make it your mission to convert just one person next season!
Mark S

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun May 10, 2009 8:35 pm

I've always said that I will give MFC some money if I win the lottery :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Curly wrote:
Sammy h wrote:We have plenty of money so i wouldn't worry about anything like that happening.

Believe me. No need to get arsey about it.
Sammy h

Postby Curly » Sun May 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Curly wrote:

Believe me. No need to get arsey about it.

Not getting arsey, just stating a fact, as Mark said everyone seems to think we're rolling in
it and forget we lose money every season.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Return to General Discussion