Westgate website

Westgate website

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 10, 2009 9:51 am

Looking forward to seeing this up and running in the near future.

Hope that there's a facility for fans to contribute with their images as the new development takes shape. An ideal opportunity for a visual record of it's various stages up to completion.

Any ideas when it will be?

:) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Westgate website

Postby Gnasher » Sun May 10, 2009 11:53 am

The site has been active since July 2008 and it's still the same site you were pointed to in February

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2534

If you want to upload your own photos there's always sites like www.flickr.com where you can get a free account. However, the wetsgate site is now secure so photography will have to be done through railings, over walls or stood on top of a transit van (which I think has already been done)
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 10, 2009 12:00 pm

Well there's plenty of Transits to choose from down that way 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Haven't you got an old (fireproof) caravan you could park down there for a year?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Gnasher wrote:Haven't you got an old (fireproof) caravan you could park down there for a year?

Yeah shedloads! You should know that it is difficult to have a caravan that is both waterproof AND fireproof!

Let's just settle for one or the other :lol:

I will check the floors out before the local photographers set up camp :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Gnasher wrote:The site has been active since July 2008 and it's still the same site you were pointed to in February

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2534

If you want to upload your own photos there's always sites like http://www.flickr.com where you can get a free account. However, the wetsgate site is now secure so photography will have to be done through railings, over walls or stood on top of a transit van (which I think has already been done)

My mistake...I thought there was to be a specific site devoted purely to photos of the site as it was being developed.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Gnasher wrote:The site has been active since July 2008 and it's still the same site you were pointed to in February

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2534

If you want to upload your own photos there's always sites like http://www.flickr.com where you can get a free account. However, the wetsgate site is now secure so photography will have to be done through railings, over walls or stood on top of a transit van (which I think has already been done)

Deliberate typo Brian :?:

If so, with it's history of bad drainage, very funny :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Posh » Mon May 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:Looking forward to seeing this up and running in the near future.

I can't wait to see it myself! www.morecambestadium.co.uk would be a brilliant domain for it. You could even register on it for the Fun Run!

Christies Child wrote:Hope that there's a facility for fans to contribute with their images as the new development takes shape. An ideal opportunity for a visual record of it's various stages up to completion.

Any ideas when it will be?

No idea myself of what time today it will be. However I understand it will have the ability to add multiple galleries showing the progress of the site at Westgate. This facility is being built at the moment. Apparently some brilliant web company called Fat Media www.fatmedia.co.uk who do sites for people like Booths, Balfour Beatty, Birds Eye and several other companies beginning with B are sorting it out now.

Unfortunately due to daft things like data protection, credibility issues, and the sheer cost of allowing anyone in the general public to upload photographs to the site the football club will only let people delegated upload photographs like the club photographer Mr Sheldon. However they also added that anyone else taking photographs could send said images to Mr Sheldon or the Fatties to upload themselves with credits of course.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Gnasher » Mon May 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Unfortunately due to daft things like data protection, credibility issues, and the sheer cost of allowing anyone in the general public to upload photographs to the site the football club will only let people delegated upload photographs like the club photographer Mr Sheldon. However they also added that anyone else taking photographs could send said images to Mr Sheldon or the Fatties to upload themselves with credits of course.

I'm sure Mr Sheldon will accept photos to put on the gallery which he is waiting for with baited breath. I understand he's in Sheffield tonight trying to scrounge his way into the play-off match with camera but has not had any success so far so he will have time to check out any new stadium site features.

Photos should be emailed to gnasher@gnasher.co.uk which, so far, hasn't bounced ridiculously large attachments.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Mon May 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Gnasher wrote: I understand he's in Sheffield tonight trying to scrounge his way into the play-off match with camera but has not had any success so far so he will have time to check out any new stadium site features.

He could pay to get in???!!!??? :shock: :o :? :? :? 8-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Mon May 11, 2009 6:45 pm

He could pay to get in???!!!???

He could, or he could catch up with his office work meaning he would get to bed this side of midnight. After a 5:30am start, the early hours don't tempt him. It was a good idea at the time :(
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Gnasher » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm

I've never known an empty building site attract so many photographers :lol:

Thanks to those that have already emailed photos. Please don't be upset if they don't get used but there's only so much mud you can put online. If your email program can send large attachments, I should be able to receive them. The higher the resoution the better, with public access restricted to peeking through or over fences, the distant detail is missed on lo-res images.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm

MORECAMBE FANS FLOCK TO WESTGATE TO TAKE PICTURES OR ER... A MUDDY FIELD :D :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Gnasher wrote:I've never known an empty building site attract so many photographers :lol:

Thanks to those that have already emailed photos. Please don't be upset if they don't get used but there's only so much mud you can put online. If your email program can send large attachments, I should be able to receive them. The higher the resoution the better, with public access restricted to peeking through or over fences, the distant detail is missed on lo-res images.

Thats not mud my dear boy , but good quality Topsoil :D . Someone should be bagging it up and selling it off. There must be enough there to buy Carlos Tevez. :lol:
parceldave

Postby Gnasher » Tue May 12, 2009 10:53 pm

The best of the top soil has a use in a about a year's time.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 13, 2009 6:53 am

Gnasher wrote:The best of the top soil has a use in a about a year's time.

......and when mixed with sand it's ideal for laying lush geen turf!

:D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Wed May 13, 2009 9:53 pm

All this fuss over a lack of photos, I'm surprised no one has noticed a subtle change to the stadium site. The image page has amazingly become a gallery index page ;)

I just need a bit of time to work out the best sizes to use on the site then galleries & photos will start to appear. If by chance you catch random photos on the site that disappear as quickly as they appear, yup, that's me working out the best image size.

http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/gallery.asp
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Gnasher » Wed May 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Easier than I thought, the first set of "before" photos are online at

http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk

Click the gallery link on the right. Best not to bookmark the gallery page, you might miss news on the main page.

When the image window opens, press N for Next and P for Previous.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky » Wed May 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Gnasher wrote:When the image window opens, press N for Next and P for Previous.

Or just hover one's mouse pointer over the top right hand corner of the photo and click on the "Next" that appears as if by magic ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks Brian. Good start.

Its further on than that now isnt it?

I am off today. If I get chance I will pop down today and take some latest shots and pop them up here so the exiles and anyone not able to get down can keep up to date.

Unless anyone else has got some very recent ones that we can all see?
Mark S

Postby Mighty Red » Thu May 14, 2009 8:34 am

Excellent work, many thanks.
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 14, 2009 9:26 am

Mark S wrote:Thanks Brian. Good start.

Its further on than that now isnt it?

I am off today. If I get chance I will pop down today and take some latest shots and pop them up here so the exiles and anyone not able to get down can keep up to date.

Unless anyone else has got some very recent ones that we can all see?

I took some a week ago and passed them on to Brian.

I'll e-mail them to you Mark.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 am

I was trying to work out last night (while training for the fun run) if there is a raised bit of earth in the middle of the site which is going to be the pitch or if they just hadn't flattened that bit yet.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Bare bum » Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm

http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/gallery.asp?catID=25

(picture bottom right)

is that a gorilla or a baboon?

Good job the WWF were unaware of the rich variety of fauna on Westgate or we'd never have got past the planning application stage.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Abbo » Thu May 14, 2009 12:45 pm

looks like a nice piece of green belt land how did we manage to get building permission ?? ha ha
Abbo

Next

Return to General Discussion