Boxing Night cancelled

Boxing Night cancelled

Postby quinny » Thu May 07, 2009 5:19 pm

It is with sadness that we report that the Boxing Evening scheduled for Friday in aid of Wayne Curtis's testimonial has had to be cancelled.
quinny

Re: Boxing Night cancelled

Postby Howe Magic » Thu May 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Bit of a body blow for anyone who as bought tickets lol
Howe Magic

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 07, 2009 5:46 pm

i reckon there would have been trouble, full of Gypsy's following Tyson Furry, full up on testosterone
George Dawes

Postby Mark S » Thu May 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Thats a real shame.

Pretty crap testimonial season for him. The best we can do as fans is a Panel evening and a Race Night. Both were great and raised a bit for him, but ten years service and thats the best we can do? :(

I hope Quinny can get the match on for him and I hope we all turn up and support Wayne.

Maybe we can organise something for him during the Summer? A band and BBQ?

Who would pay a fiver for that?
Mark S

Postby marky » Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 pm

In what walk of life other than sport do people get year-long testimonials for long-service with extra pocket money? Most people are lucky to get a medal, let alone several events organised for them and a bit of extra cash! It's unfortunate that this event has been cancelled but don't get carried away Mark! People will support it the best they can. Expressing mild irritation at people when quite a few are concerned about their own financial futures is a bit rich.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Thu May 07, 2009 8:51 pm

marky wrote:In what walk of life other than sport do people get year-long testimonials for long-service with extra pocket money? Most people are lucky to get a medal, let alone several events organised for them and a bit of extra cash! It's unfortunate that this event has been cancelled but don't get carried away Mark! People will support it the best they can. Expressing mild irritation at people when quite a few are concerned about their own financial futures is a bit rich.

Year long? He didnt get a week long. A footballers career is a very short one. In this day and age of money chasing journeymen, Wayne stands head and shoulders above most.

10 years is a long time for one club and considering the part he played in getting us up I will support anything that will give him the recognition and reward that he deserves.
Mark S

Postby marky » Thu May 07, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm not knocking your support but I'm sure part of his testimonial will include a football match and I have no doubt that it isn't over just yet. However, you can't judge other people by your own convictions. A lot of people have more important concerns at the moment and testimonial events for a footballer won't be high on a list of priorities. I'm sure more would attend a testimonial match than will these other extra events. Like I say, the cancellation of this event is unfortunate but there will be other opportunities to thank Wayne Curtis for his 10 years.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu May 07, 2009 9:21 pm

I personally think the event was a bit too soon after the other two events and the last match plus presentation evening for some peoples budgets, I do however think there will be other events in the course of the year.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby morecambe mick » Thu May 07, 2009 9:42 pm

marky wrote:In what walk of life other than sport do people get year-long testimonials for long-service with extra pocket money? Most people are lucky to get a medal, let alone several events organised for them and a bit of extra cash! It's unfortunate that this event has been cancelled but don't get carried away Mark! People will support it the best they can. Expressing mild irritation at people when quite a few are concerned about their own financial futures is a bit rich.

I got a pen and pencil set with a voucher for £20 from my firm after 10 years.

Can't wait to see what I, may, get in three years - that'll be 20 years! :o
morecambe mick

Postby Hodgie » Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

P45
Hodgie

Postby parceldave » Thu May 07, 2009 9:53 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

What did you do for the first 20 years of your employment Mick :?: ;) :lol:
parceldave

Postby morecambe mick » Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Pretty much what you do now Dave.
morecambe mick

Postby parceldave » Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Pretty much what you do now Dave.

You must be absolutley knackered by now then. ;) .

Only 95 drops and 16 collections today :?
parceldave

Postby morecambe mick » Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm

parceldave wrote:

That'll be 150 boxes maximum then eh?

I took out 968 items today.
Most only weighing only 1kg but quite a few going upto 30kg.
morecambe mick

Postby parceldave » Thu May 07, 2009 10:19 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
parceldave wrote:

That'll be 150 boxes maximum then eh?

I took out 968 items today.
Most only weighing only 1kg but quite a few going upto 30kg.

Only 120 out and 30 coll

If only the buggers who ordered these things were at home to receive them. :x :x :x
parceldave

Postby mounse mk2 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Mark S wrote:
Maybe we can organise something for him during the Summer? A band and BBQ?

Who would pay a fiver for that?

I would.

I missed both the panel night and the race night, for which i am gutted. (I was seeing my nephew)

Wayne deserves a celebration. 10 years at any club now deserves a celebration.

But for the next event, whovever organises it. Instead of SV's, Facebook. Large salmon and a slap around the chops to get there arses into gear :oops: :oops:
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby shrimper » Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Mounsey, you set 'em up, mate...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby wijit » Fri May 08, 2009 12:53 am

marky wrote:I'm not knocking your support but I'm sure part of his testimonial will include a football match and I have no doubt that it isn't over just yet. However, you can't judge other people by your own convictions. A lot of people have more important concerns at the moment and testimonial events for a footballer won't be high on a list of priorities. I'm sure more would attend a testimonial match than will these other extra events. Like I say, the cancellation of this event is unfortunate but there will be other opportunities to thank Wayne Curtis for his 10 years.

If you have more pressing issues, then what the hell are you doing on here whingeing about something being done for one of our best players, when most of us WANT to do something for him? get on with your problems and let us try and make a success out of Waynaldos testimonial!
wijit

Postby shrimper » Fri May 08, 2009 8:49 am

parceldave wrote:
If only the buggers who ordered these things were at home to receive them. :x :x :x

If only the ****ers who deliver them could tell us a more accurate time than 'sometime between 8am and midnight' then we might be!

:lol:
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:29 am

Oh well back to the Club Shop for 3 x £25 refund - what shall I do with £75 tonight? Fancy a night out Wayno? :lol:

Presume the Preston tickets are sold out :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby the stowford press » Fri May 08, 2009 8:13 pm

sorry,i actually thought boxing night had been cancelled,ill leave now
marky No.1 wrote:Oh well back to the Club Shop for 3 x £25 refund - what shall I do with £75 tonight? Fancy a night out Wayno? :lol:

Presume the Preston tickets are sold out :roll:
the stowford press

Return to General Discussion