Chester Players Released

Chester Players Released

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu May 07, 2009 11:21 am

a couple of the names on the list should be of interest to us. Lawrence Wilson was excellent as a left wing back when we beat them 3-1 here at Christie. And of course Ryan Lowe.

http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=55320
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Chester Players Released

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am

"According to Mr Vaughan we rejected cash bids in January for Lowe and Ellison and we rejected a deal from a championship club for Mozika in September. Now we all terminating their contracts. Once again the activities of the club we all love stinks."

I wonder when terminating their contracts if they had to pay them up.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Shrimpman » Thu May 07, 2009 11:49 am

P/T Indie wrote:"According to Mr Vaughan we rejected cash bids in January for Lowe and Ellison and we rejected a deal from a championship club for Mozika in September. Now we all terminating their contracts. Once again the activities of the club we all love stinks."

I wonder when terminating their contracts if they had to pay them up.

As they are no longer a football league club I would have thought all contracts would be terminated.
Shrimpman

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 07, 2009 11:54 am

Now what would happen if Darlo went would Chester stay up and if Chester went into admin would their 10 points come off next season or this season meaning they would still go down and Luton would stay up :shock:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Duffman » Thu May 07, 2009 12:00 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Now what would happen if Darlo went would Chester stay up and if Chester went into admin would their 10 points come off next season or this season meaning they would still go down and Luton would stay up :shock:

It's like the Conference days all over. Forest Green always getting relegated then staying up due to other teams "misfortune".
Duffman

Postby shrimper » Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Roche

Wainwright, Artell, Bentley, Adams, Lawrence Wilson

Stanley Drummond Hunter (or A.N. Other to replace one of those)

Lowe, Carlton

Twissy, Wayne, Aaron, Duffy, McStay, Parrish in the mix as well

Not too shabby?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 pm

shrimper wrote:Roche

Wainwright, Artell, Bentley, Adams, Lawrence Wilson

Stanley Drummond Hunter (or A.N. Other to replace one of those)

Lowe, Carlton

Twissy, Wayne, Aaron, Duffy, McStay, Parrish in the mix as well

Not too shabby?

I'm sure there'll be others in for both Wilson and Lowe but I'd snap them up. For me Ryan Lowe is a quality player with an excellent attitude and work rate. His scoring is not to bad either.

As for Wilson he's the real peach in a very very poor side. Highly under-rated but left-footed, attack-minded and ideal for our wing-back role.

Those two, another striker, and a creative player either in the middle or on the left and I'd be happy.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Don't know if it's been confirmed yet but I think that Jimmy Ryan at Accy has signed a two-year deal with them. That might have been a decent cheeky inquiry if he'd been out of contract.

Fair play to Accy, though, and good luck to them - they should still have enough good players to survive next season, even with their salary budget-cuts.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm

shrimper wrote:Don't know if it's been confirmed yet but I think that Jimmy Ryan at Accy has signed a two-year deal with them. That might have been a decent cheeky inquiry if he'd been out of contract.

Fair play to Accy, though, and good luck to them - they should still have enough good players to survive next season, even with their salary budget-cuts.

That's a shame as he's exactly the player I was thinking about. Surprised he's signed another deal with them - they've obviously bought a stock of A4 brown envelopes instead of the usual A5.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Mark Wright has stated that one of his goalscorers against Aldershot is on £25 a week. Assuming this is not Ryan Lowe then this is quite a bargain for even a Trainee (Lloyd Ellans i presume).

At £25 a goal we would have only had to shell out £1300ish for League goals this season :lol:

I see Accy are going to restructure their wage policy and pay the players a lower basic wage then give them bonuses for scoring/winning.

Maybe this is the way it's going to go :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Posh wrote:
shrimper wrote:Don't know if it's been confirmed yet but I think that Jimmy Ryan at Accy has signed a two-year deal with them. That might have been a decent cheeky inquiry if he'd been out of contract.

That's a shame as he's exactly the player I was thinking about. Surprised he's signed another deal with them - they've obviously bought a stock of A4 brown envelopes instead of the usual A5.

Just checking back and I'm now not sure if he has. All the reports say 'agreed' a new deal.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby james456 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:51 pm

I'd also make a move for Lowe and Wilson - who when he played us showed great determination and made a brilliant run from midfield before scoring.

My line up for the start of next season...

_________Curtis__Lowe________
___Drummond_Hunter_Stanley___
Wilson______________Wainwright
_____Adams_Bentley_Artell_____
____________Roche___________

Subs:

Edge
McStay
McLachlan
Duffy
Twiss

Out on loan:

Davies
Taylor
james456

Postby John L » Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Quite a few released by Macclesfield too. Francis Green anyone?
http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10393~1651277,00.html
John L

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu May 07, 2009 6:14 pm

John L wrote:Quite a few released by Macclesfield too. Francis Green anyone?
http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10393~1651277,00.html

No.

But Gareth Evans who has been offered a contract might be of interest.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Shrimpman » Thu May 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Callum wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:Now what would happen if Darlo went would Chester stay up and if Chester went into admin would their 10 points come off next season or this season meaning they would still go down and Luton would stay up :shock:

It's like the Conference days all over. Forest Green always getting relegated then staying up due to other teams "misfortune".

i think its alty who always managed to stay up
Shrimpman

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu May 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Forums aren't allways the most reliable sources of information :o But on the Accy forum last week someone stated that Jimmy Ryan had been offered a 2 year deal and had gone to consult with his 'dad' before signing. Haven't been on to check for an update but it does suggest he's quite rightly keeping his options open before commiting himself. I think he would be an asset to us or any other progressive Div 2 outfit.

As for the Chester wreckage I've said before and I fully agree with anyone who thinks that Lowe, Wilson and Ellison would be the cherries to be picked but of course we won't be alone in those thoughts and it all depends on finance at the end of the day.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Thu May 07, 2009 9:23 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:

Forums aren't allways the most reliable sources of information :o But on the Accy forum last week someone stated that Jimmy Ryan had been offered a 2 year deal and had gone to consult with his 'dad' before signing. Haven't been on to check for an update but it does suggest he's quite rightly keeping his options open before commiting himself. I think he would be an asset to us or any other progressive Div 2 outfit.

As for the Chester wreckage I've said before and I fully agree with anyone who thinks that Lowe, Wilson and Ellison would be the cherries to be picked but of course we won't be alone in those thoughts and it all depends on finance at the end of the day.

Ryan has signed a new contract with Accy, i was hopping that we might have made a move to sign him, with Accys 25% budget cut we would probably have been able to offer him a better deal.

Having said that if this close season is like previous ones then the players that come in wont be the ones mentioned on here.
steve mfc

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu May 07, 2009 9:31 pm

What about the Vaughn brothers :?: :?:

Are they being released :?: :?:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Keith » Thu May 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Any First Division clubs releasing worthwhile players?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Thu May 07, 2009 10:13 pm

Personally I think it would be a sensible option to wait and see which teams get promted in play-off finals because that will have a big impact on which players the teams involved release.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Duffman » Fri May 08, 2009 8:04 am

Shrimpman wrote:
Callum wrote:

i think its alty who always managed to stay up

Very true but I remember one season we relegated Forest Green on a Tuesday night at CP only for them to stay up.
Duffman

Postby shrimper » Fri May 08, 2009 8:46 am

marky wrote:Personally I think it would be a sensible option to wait and see which teams get promted in play-off finals because that will have a big impact on which players the teams involved release.

Fair enough. But if there are one or two who are released now and who we know could do a job for us then we have to act quickly or they'll be gone.
shrimper

Postby Gnasher » Fri May 08, 2009 12:24 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:What about the Vaughn brothers :?: :?:

Are they being released :?: :?:

One of them is already playing in Australia and if we wanted something to sit down on the grass, we've got Chesh's dog.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Next

Return to General Discussion