season ticket wallet

season ticket wallet

Postby trueshrimp » Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 pm

any chance of us next season haveing a smaller season ticket wallet, instead of carrying the big thick wallet around. can we not go back to the one ticket for all season. it is like carrying a brick in your pocket. i must have about 13 pages left in the wallet end of season.
trueshrimp

Re: season ticket wallet

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed May 06, 2009 4:58 pm

When do the season tickets go on sale?
i-love-mfc

Postby Weetabix Kid » Wed May 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Swipe cards at the new stadium?
Weetabix Kid

Postby ezz » Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

With the single ticket it would just be easy to pass it through the gate to your mate outside and let him in for free thats why I think you get a stamp in your wallet to stop the lub losing vital revenue.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:54 pm

theres nothing wrong with the season tickets at the moment.But would be good if the season tickets were on a card at new stadium more less work for the turnstile operators.Would be better if the police searched more fans as me and a number of people have seen fans in the North stand drinking cans of stella and strongbow.Not right on the fans who pay there money to watch the lads ,sum people r there to enjoy the match but some come to get PISSED UP.
northstandshrimp2009

Postby Crimson Crust » Thu May 07, 2009 12:00 am

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:theres nothing wrong with the season tickets at the moment.But would be good if the season tickets were on a card at new stadium more less work for the turnstile operators.Would be better if the police searched more fans as me and a number of people have seen fans in the North stand drinking cans of stella and strongbow.Not right on the fans who pay there money to watch the lads ,sum people r there to enjoy the match but some come to get PISSED UP.

Thats Football! it does it to you sometimes. :lol:
Crimson Crust

Postby Keith » Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 am

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:Would be better if the police searched more fans as me and a number of people have seen fans in the North stand drinking cans of stella and strongbow.

So I should be stopped & searched because I'm a football fan??? No, the police (or stewards) shouldn't search people. If stewards see people drinking from cans, they should/would warn them and then eject them for repeat offences. If it bothers you so much, point the offenders out to the stewards. Personally, I don't think it is a frequent problem, I've very rarely seen people drinking from cans inside the ground, so I don't want to be searched for a non-existent problem!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Number 1 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:55 am

Keith wrote:
northstandshrimp2009 wrote:Would be better if the police searched more fans as me and a number of people have seen fans in the North stand drinking cans of stella and strongbow.

So I should be stopped & searched because I'm a football fan??? No, the police (or stewards) shouldn't search people. If stewards see people drinking from cans, they should/would warn them and then eject them for repeat offences. If it bothers you so much, point the offenders out to the stewards. Personally, I don't think it is a frequent problem, I've very rarely seen people drinking from cans inside the ground, so I don't want to be searched for a non-existent problem!

I disagree Keith. Christie Park is, effectively, a private premises, and they have the right to search you for anything illegal or prohibited, not just alcohol. It could be a knife or missile that would might be thrown on the pitch or at a player, or a flare, or an airhorn. And before you say it, I accept that you wouldn't be prevented from entry if you had coins in your pocket. Point is, if there were no searches done, people with those items would have an easy ride, and whilst at present, I would think that the potential of a stop search might prevent them taking such items into the ground, if they stopped doing it, there would be no deterrent. I personally don't mind the odd frisk before going in, and feel reassured that it's being done to prevent disorder and offences being committed.
Number 1

Postby Gnasher » Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 am

Bags and people are searched on their way in, I saw it many times from my vantage point in the tardis. There's even a notice in Atkinson's Chippy about taking cans into the ground (to stop you buying one then having it taken off you minutes later).

Alcohol can only be bought & consumed out of sight of the pitch, it cannot be taken into the stands regardless of container. (Unless you are at Darlington where I could see a bar from the touchline).
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Thu May 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Number 1 wrote:
Keith wrote:I disagree Keith. Christie Park is, effectively, a private premises, and they have the right to search you for anything illegal or prohibited, not just alcohol. It could be a knife or missile that would might be thrown on the pitch or at a player, or a flare, or an airhorn.

I'm not saying they don't have 'the right', I'm saying it isn't needed, making the law abiding majority feel like scum to stop a negligable problem. When did you last see a flare at Christie Park? It is very rare (or it is very descrete) that people drink cans that were taken in to the game, and if they do, they can be dealt with by the stewards. I think the policing & stewarding is by-and-large very good at Christie Park, low key and friendly. No need to up that level to find a very occasional can of beer.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Fri May 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Keith wrote:
Number 1 wrote:
Keith wrote: When did you last see a flare at Christie Park? .

late 70's early 80's? :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby harry-g » Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Are flares even banned? It doesn't say anything about them not being allowed when you enter the ground?
harry-g

Postby trueshrimp » Fri May 08, 2009 2:13 pm

i only mention the size of the season ticket ( wallet ) if it could be made smaller. and must of the lads comments have been on about drinking in the stand. you have gone of the subject lads.
lets get go back to the one ticket for all season.
trueshrimp

Postby Posh » Fri May 08, 2009 2:16 pm

harry-g wrote:Are flares even banned? It doesn't say anything about them not being allowed when you enter the ground?

No flares aren't banned. I know because Curly would have been chucked out years ago for his trousers.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 08, 2009 2:38 pm

trueshrimp wrote:i only mention the size of the season ticket ( wallet ) if it could be made smaller. and must of the lads comments have been on about drinking in the stand. you have gone of the subject lads.

I think they will only change it for when we move "turnstiles" in 14 months time
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Curly » Fri May 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Posh wrote:
harry-g wrote:Are flares even banned? It doesn't say anything about them not being allowed when you enter the ground?

No flares aren't banned. I know because Curly would have been chucked out years ago for his trousers.

:lol: groovy baby, groovy ;) :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Crimson Crust » Fri May 08, 2009 11:56 pm

trueshrimp wrote:i only mention the size of the season ticket ( wallet ) if it could be made smaller. and must of the lads comments have been on about drinking in the stand. you have gone of the subject lads.

Returning to your subject "trueshrimp". Perhaps a smaller sized booklet with the correct amount
of tickets in would be a good idea.

I also think they could have a special wallet available in the club shop (lt'd ed')to mark the last
season at the "Pie". Solid Gold! 8-)
Crimson Crust

Return to General Discussion