YATES'Y MORECAMBE F.C. LEGEND?

YATES'Y MORECAMBE F.C. LEGEND?

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:32 pm

WHAT IS MCILROY PLAYING AT GETTING RID OF ADAM YATES.HES PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST RIGHT BACKS MORECAMBE F.C HAVE EVER HAD.HE GIVES 110% EVERY MATCH HE PLAYS .DID HE FALL OUT WITH MCILROY?OR WAS HIS CONTRACT ENDING?DIARMUID O'CARROLL SHOULD HAVE STAYED ASWELL IN MY OPINION HE WAS A WORKHORSE .
northstandshrimp2009

Re: YATES'Y MORECAMBE F.C. LEGEND?

Postby Arnside Red » Mon May 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Cant understand Yatesy being allowed to go myself, O.Carroll, well personally i didnt really rate him, thought he had a half decent game on saturday though, pity about M. Howard but I suppose if fitness is an issue the club simply cannot afford to keep such a player on the books
Arnside Red

Postby Crimson Crust » Mon May 04, 2009 1:50 pm

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:WHAT IS MCILROY PLAYING AT GETTING RID OF ADAM YATES.HES PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST RIGHT BACKS MORECAMBE F.C HAVE EVER HAD.HE GIVES 110% EVERY MATCH HE PLAYS .DID HE FALL OUT WITH MCILROY?OR WAS HIS CONTRACT ENDING?DIARMUID O'CARROLL SHOULD HAVE STAYED ASWELL IN MY OPINION HE WAS A WORKHORSE .

If you read the other threads and links to OneVale, you may get a better idea as to the reason
or at least you can make an assumption before getting at the Manager! :roll:

In Sammy we trust!!
Crimson Crust

Postby P/T Indie » Mon May 04, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm not convinced that he wanted to go to Vale and it was all pre planned I think his first choice was to stay at Morecambe.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Richard Head » Mon May 04, 2009 2:52 pm

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:WHAT IS MCILROY PLAYING AT GETTING RID OF ADAM YATES.HES PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST RIGHT BACKS MORECAMBE F.C HAVE EVER HAD.HE GIVES 110% EVERY MATCH HE PLAYS .DID HE FALL OUT WITH MCILROY?OR WAS HIS CONTRACT ENDING?DIARMUID O'CARROLL SHOULD HAVE STAYED ASWELL IN MY OPINION HE WAS A WORKHORSE .

I cant see Port Vale signing anyone now until they have a new manager in place so unless Adam has already signed for them it might not happen.

As for Yates being one of the best right backs we have ever had, how long have you been watching the Shrimps, 3 years?
Richard Head

Postby Sharpy » Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm

screwed without Yates! Best right back we've had for me too.

dont mind O'Carroll going, never realy rated him.

id much rather we got shot of Artell and kept Yates!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Bare Ben » Mon May 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Best right back we've had

Jamie Heard? :twisted:
Bare Ben

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 04, 2009 3:33 pm

I think he's really good and that it's a very bad decision to let him go :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:19 pm

From the outside it reads as though we wanted to keep him, but he has been given a better offer elsewhere. We have Parrish (given time to regain full-fitness, form and the experience of playing more often) and McStay that can both play in the same position with time left to run on their current deals. Clearly Yates wants more to stay than the management believe he is worth, and you can't argue with the assessments of those that work closest with the player.

Whilst Yates has been a good servant of the club for the past 3 seasons, I don't see this as the massive loss that is being portrayed by some. He is a good player, but IMO question marks still remain about his defensive qualities as an out and out RB, highlighted when we switch to a more attacking formation. Plenty of time to improve given his age, and in an ideal World where we weren't up against an imposed budget restriction I would have loved him to stay.

If Port Vale is to be the destination, factor his support of the club and their location into the equation alongside what they may pay him and ask yourself, could we compete? For him personally this could be a good deal, even if he as a result earns less (not saying he will do, just pointing out that you could possibly see how the opportunity to be closer to home might play a part in his decision). For us even when you consider the personnel we have at the club, it's hard to see how we can justify paying over the odds.

Best of luck Yates, you wrote yourself into Morecambe FC history as part of the squad that gained promotion to the Football League. We gave you the platform to perform, and largely you have succeeded. All the best.
RedRedWine1

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon May 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Yatesy is a port vale fan, and I believe he lives more locally to them, his favorite karaoke song is let me entertain you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The vale may have a manager in mind who knows all about him :roll: :roll: :roll:

HOPE NOT :shock: :shock:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Howe Magic » Mon May 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Yatesey was a decent player but certainly not a morecambe legend - that sort of status goes to players like john Coleman or Jim bentley in my opinion
Howe Magic

Postby MFC_STAR » Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 pm

This is a bad decision , he has been a great player :) so why has sammy released him , when he has played all these games for us :oops:
MFC_STAR

Postby james456 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Can someone tell me what happened to Jamie Heard? He was released for disciplinary reasons or something but what did he do?
james456

Postby Aal » Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

IMO opinion Yates and Howard are the 2 of the 3 best full backs we've had for many years. Reckon that we will miss Adam more than we think.

Thought writing was on wall last night when he did not appear on stage last night even tho he played over 30 matches...
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Keith » Mon May 04, 2009 9:40 pm

james456 wrote:Can someone tell me what happened to Jamie Heard? He was released for disciplinary reasons or something but what did he do?

Don't be tempted to "speculate" on here as to what may, or may not have happened! "Disciplinary reasons" is about as far as we can safely have it go unless you have potentially deep pockets.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Mon May 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Keith wrote:
james456 wrote:Can someone tell me what happened to Jamie Heard? He was released for disciplinary reasons or something but what did he do?

Don't be tempted to "speculate" on here as to what may, or may not have happened! "Disciplinary reasons" is about as far as we can safely have it go unless you have potentially deep pockets.

Like he had , i had personal dealings with the guy and hmm enough said. :evil:
parceldave

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 05, 2009 11:49 am

dad yatesy has gone but good luck to him
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am

Did Michael Howard say a few words to the audience on Sunday evening?

I left as soon as the awards had been presented.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue May 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Yes - very moving speech. He was nearly in tears at having to leave but said he understood the situation and wished the club well.

Very, very dignified contribution from a great lad.

I'm sure we all wish him and Yatesy well.

As I've said in another thread I think Sammy rates Yatesy as a decent player but is looking at the right flank as somewhere he wants to strengthen, perhaps in an attacking sense.

He may already have a right wing-back in mind - or someone for the left with Wainer switching across?

If he's determined to strengthen at right wing-back then he wouldn't offer Yatesy a new contract now just to put him in the reserves when he gets his man, particularly when he has two cover players already on contract.
Whether we think Yatesy is better than Henry or Parrish is immaterial - they are on contracts and we have to work with the situation - and the budget - that we have.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby The Red Knight » Tue May 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Maybe we are going back to 442 and Sammy plans to play McStay at right back with Duffy and Wainwright as out and out wingers rather than wing backs?
The Red Knight

Postby james456 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:47 pm

The Red Knight wrote:Maybe we are going back to 442 and Sammy plans to play McStay at right back with Duffy and Wainwright as out and out wingers rather than wing backs?

I'd like that but it comes back to the fact that we don't seem to have enough pace at the back to make that work.
james456

Postby shrimper » Tue May 05, 2009 2:55 pm

The Red Knight wrote:Maybe we are going back to 442 and Sammy plans to play McStay at right back with Duffy and Wainwright as out and out wingers rather than wing backs?

I hope not.

4-4-2 has always been the mantra of most English football fans but I don't think it's great for most sides if you're looking at two of your middle four being true wingers. You need your two central midfielders to be absolute top players for it to work. With two real wingers you get swamped in midfield by anyone half decent.

4-4-1-1 can work if the man sitting behind the main striker, again, is a top player and can really contribute to midfield.

I like the 3-5-2 formation (or 5-3-2 however you look at it) but you do need good wing-backs.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby halfwayliner » Tue May 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Yates'y in my opion should have been kept to keep a solid back four. The problem with Morecambe is our attack, and if we could get that sorted then we could start looking at improving the rest of the team.Christmas is a time where we could change other personel. We do not want to go back to the same problems we had at the start of the season. The display on Saturday seem to say everyone was not happy.
halfwayliner

Postby marky » Tue May 05, 2009 8:57 pm

But Yates has, for the vast majority of this season, been part of a 'solid' back 5. We were awful when we played 4-4-2 at the beginning of the season and I see no reason to change back to a formation that clearly doesn't work with the personnel we have (and will have next season). However, unlike most folks, I believe a left-footed wing-back has to be priority. I may be wrong but I think Adams and Twiss are our only natural left-footed players, neither of whom can play an entire season in the left wing-back position. Wainwright has played there more than anyone but I always felt he was only being played there due to the lack of an alternative. He's not my favourite player by any means but if we take it as read that he'll be a starter in August (injuries permitting) then I'd prefer him to be in his more natural position on the right.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby parceldave » Tue May 05, 2009 9:17 pm

marky wrote:But Yates has, for the vast majority of this season, been part of a 'solid' back 5. We were awful when we played 4-4-2 at the beginning of the season and I see no reason to change back to a formation that clearly doesn't work with the personnel we have (and will have next season). However, unlike most folks, I believe a left-footed wing-back has to be priority. I may be wrong but I think Adams and Twiss are our only natural left-footed players, neither of whom can play an entire season in the left wing-back position. Wainwright has played there more than anyone but I always felt he was only being played there due to the lack of an alternative. He's not my favourite player by any means but if we take it as read that he'll be a starter in August (injuries permitting) then I'd prefer him to be in his more natural position on the right.

IT was nothing to do with the 4-4-2 formation it was the players who were in those positions that were awful. We scored a lot more goals from open play when we played 4-4-2 the season before because we could break out of defence at pace and catch the opposition on the back foot, something i have very rarely seen if at all this season. :x
parceldave

Next

Return to General Discussion